Planing a Road Trip To Meghalaya: The Abode of Clouds

Thread Starter #1
Guys again i am planing(After Completing 2000 km road trip to VIZAG) a road trip to Meghalaya.Tentative date not yet finalized but it may be last week of January or first week of Feb.I will be accompanied by my one and half year only daughter,wife and in laws and my Red angel(Swift)I am planing cover the whole distance in two days,fist night halt will be in Siliguri and the very next day in Guwahati or in Shilong.Now the main concern is the road condition after siliguri till guwahati and the route to follow.Guys request help to finalize the route,hotels and any other useful information.Thanks in advance.

Re: Planing a road trip to"the abode of clouds"Meghalaya

You need to take NH31 from Siliguri to Guwahati. Part of the road is 4 lane due to Golden Quadrilateral.

You need to be careful in Bongaigaon & Nalbari and make sure you pass that area in day time only.

Guwahati to Shillong is a breeze drive though its uphill at some points.

Thread Starter #3

You need to take NH31 from Siliguri to Guwahati. Part of the road is 4 lane due to Golden Quadrilateral.

You need to be careful in Bongaigaon & Nalbari and make sure you pass that area in day time only.

Guwahati to Shillong is a breeze drive though its uphill at some points.
Thanks Anshuman and your note already taken into consideration.

Also you check Rahul-da's thread on the route to Siliguri (to avoid NH 34).

Top Bottom