Road Conditions in MP? Planning a Road Trip From Delhi to Bhilai.

Thread Starter #1
hi friends,
i have to do road trip in jan or feb from delhi to bhilai via jaipur.
i'm worried for road situations throughout whole journey.

i myself have done delhi jaipur for 4 times but about 1 year back, Road construction was going on. lot of diversions, But since i was on Bike it was easy to cover it, but cars were having long ques there. and this time will be in car.
What are road conditions now? any better?

Now from jaipur i have 2 routs in mind.
1. is Via bharatpur > agra > gwalior > sagar > rajandgaon > bhilai.
2. is via >kota > bhopal > nagpur > bhiali.

which one is better and safe, have thought with strictly no night driving after 7 pm and no early morning before 6am.

i have heard that MP roads are very bad, even highways are full of potholes that's why i'm worried, please suggest road conditions of MP road and any tips for first timers..

Thread Starter #2
Please avoid the Agra-Gwalior route - its the worst patch on NH3. Take the Kota-Bhopal route. You will have no problems till Nagpur.

Roads in MP have improved tremendously during the last 15 years. Do ask passerbys at diversions for the appropriate patch, though.

All the best and drive safe.

Thread Starter #4
Please avoid the Agra-Gwalior route - its the worst patch on NH3. Take the Kota-Bhopal route. You will have no problems till Nagpur.

Roads in MP have improved tremendously during the last 15 years. Do ask passerbys at diversions for the appropriate patch, though.

All the best and drive safe.
thanks sam, at least got a reply after 10 days of thread.. lol..
well i have seen gwalior karauli route (via whole chamble) it was scary seriously. so will strictly avoide gwalior. if kota bhopal is ok then route is final. It will be delhi - jaipur - kota - bhopal - nagpur - bhilai.

thanks sam, at least got a reply after 10 days of thread.. lol..
Oh, the pains we take to help our members - I travelled personally on both routes after reading your query in order to give you the correct reply and thats why it took 10 days. No need to say thanks we are just doing our jobs:biggrin:.

well i have seen gwalior karauli route (via whole chamble) it was scary seriously. so will strictly avoide gwalior. if kota bhopal is ok then route is final. It will be delhi - jaipur - kota - bhopal - nagpur - bhilai.
Chambal is atrocious and (still) dacoit infested. Night travel through that area is a strict NO. Good that you are taking the Kota-Bhopal route - its your best bet.

As Soorma Bhopali said in Sholay "Bhopal hota to hum aapko do minute mein andar karwa dete" (had this been Bhopal I'd have got your job done within 2 minutes[clap]).

Thread Starter #6
Oh, the pains we take to help our members - I travelled personally on both routes after reading your query in order to give you the correct reply and thats why it took 10 days. No need to say thanks we are just doing our jobs:biggrin:.
Then you guyz are doing it very seriously.. !![drive]

BTW will post my first travelogue after this journey.[:D]

Top Bottom