Itinerary Suggestions: Bhubaneswar - Nahshik - Goa - Bhubaneswar

Thread Starter #1
We are a group of 3 friends planning a road trip coming january from bhubaneswar to Goa via nahik & Shirdi. Following is my planned itinerary. please suggest regarding modifications & route info.

04 January 2014 Bhubaneswar to nagpur 840 Km
05 January 2014 nagpur to shirdi 590 Km
06 January 2014 shirdi to nashik 90 KM
07 January 2014 nasik to goa 670 KM
08 January 2014 goa 60 KM
09 January 2014 goa 60 KM
10 January 2014 goa 60 KM
11 January 2014 goa 60 KM
12 January 2014 goa to hyderabad 670 KM
13 January 2014 hyderabad to vizag 620 KM
14 January 2014 vizag to bhubaneswar 450 KM

Last edited:
Re: Itinerary suggestions? Bhubaneswar-Nahshik-Goa-Bbsr

We are a group of 3 friends planning a road trip coming january from bhubaneswar to Goa via nahik & Shirdi. Following is my planned itinerary. please suggest regarding modifications & route info.

04 January 2014 Bhubaneswar to nagpur 840 Km
HI WiCkEdMaNaV,

On first day 4th Jan BBSR to Nagpur 840 KMs seems little uncomfortable.
Which route you will take?

BBSR--> Sambalpur(SBP)---> Raipur--->Nagpur ..

If this is the route then SBP --> Raipur road is not in great shape. I am not sure you can make it till NGP in one day.

May be till Raipur in one day is possible.

which car you will use for this trip ?

If you need any help around pune then Please PM / mail me, i will happy to help you.

Drive safe...&.....Njoy the trip. [:)]

Re: Itinerary suggestions? Bhubaneswar-Nahshik-Goa-Bbsr

07 January 2014 nasik to goa 670 KM
I would Suggest you to start This route in the early morning around 4 am as
You have to Follow Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Daund - Kedgaon - Satara - Kolhapur - Nippani - Sawantwadi - Mapsa Route

Ahmednagar - Daund - Kedgaon - Satara is a Ok road and will take some time to cover again Nippani - Sawantwadi is a hilly section so would some more time again.

So If you start early you can reach Goa in around 14 - 15 hours from Shirdi.

Also If u want any other details on this route please feel free to PM me.

Everything looks okay, except first day bhuvaneshwar to Nagpur is little tough buddy, instead you break that journey into two parts

Thread Starter #6
Thanx for the suggestions. Would keep those in mind. I am thinking of taking a break at Durg midway on day 1.
Would be travelling in an i10 & have 2 people who would take turns in driving. So will try if the route till Nagpur is possible in one day by leaving early morning else midway break.
@Dharmesh- Nashik is one city we have to cover for the lovely vineyards :) otherwise it would have been hard to convinve other two for the trip. Will be going through Pune, but not sure if we'll halt.

Thread Starter #8
Sorry guys for being inactive for such a long time. And thanx for all the suggestions. Though I did not make this trip instead we decided on for Nepal Trip and it was one hell of a memorable experience. Got a bit tied up wid studies, but now since those are over am working on the travelogue for the trip. Would soon be posting the same :)

Top Bottom