Urgent: Vellore To Murudeshwara

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I'm Planning for a round trip, Vellore - Dharmastala - Mookambika Temple, Kollur - Murudeshwara - Vellore.

Will start by tomorrow morning, Please let me know the Route, road condition and accommodation facility there.

This is my trip beyond Banglore in KA, so little bit confused. Is there any other places are there nearby for sight seeing on this stretch?

Guys,

I'm Planning for a round trip, Vellore - Dharmastala - Mookambika Temple, Kollur - Murudeshwara - Vellore.

Will start by tomorrow morning, Please let me know the Route, road condition and accommodation facility there.

This is my trip beyond Banglore in KA, so little bit confused. Is there any other places are there nearby for sight seeing on this stretch?
Hi AppU

Velore-Bangalore ORR (Nice Road)-Nelamangala-Hassan-Belur (avoid Shakaleshpur route)-Dharmastala.

Dharmasthala-Mangalore-Udupi-Kundapura-Kollur mookambika temple

From Kollur come back to NH 17 and take Honavar route, 15 kms before Honavar you will find an arch on the left, way to Murudeswar temple which is just a couple of kms from the NH.

Murudeshwar-Honavar (take right to Sagar, opp to Shivsagar restaurant)-Jogfalls-Sagar-Shimoga-Tumkur-Bangalore(ORR)-Hosur-Vellore

All the way roads are good. Accommodation won't be a problem in any of these temple towns.

Have a nice trip, drive carefully. Post your travelogue with pictures once you come back.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...trip-splendid-goan-mahabaleswar-holidays.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...689-scary-drive-karnataka-s-highest-peak.html

Find whether these links are useful to you if you are going to Srigere and Horanadu

Last edited:
Guys,

Hi Appu good to see a trip happening from your end.

I recently did a trip to Mangalore- Udupi- Murdeshwar.

I would highly suggest you Vellore-Bangalore-C R Patna-Hassan Bypass towards Belur- Mudigere-Banakal-Kottigehara-Charmadi-Dharmasthala.

Halt on day one at Dharmasthala.

After the Darshan take Dharmasthala-Belthangady-B C Road Bypass - B C Road (Bantwal Cross Road)- Mangalore (Stop for Icecreams at Pabbas)- Surathkal-Brahmavar-Udupi-Kundapura (Bad road starts for few kms of stretch)- Hemmadi Bus stop(Take right to Kollur).

From Kollur you need not come back you can exit from the Marvanthe beach side.

And head towards Baindur/Byndoor - Bhatkal - Murdeshwara.

Only after Maravanthe from Shiroor till Bhatkal road is non existent, which will slow you down.

Will post some pics by evening.

Do buzz me for queries.

Last edited:
@Appu, I think Ram Sir and Mukesh have given you complete information. Have a nice and safe trip buddy and come back with lot of pics. Would like to hear from you on the behavior of new tyres with new alloys after you come back[:)]

Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion Ram and Mukesh.

How will be the climate there?

Heard the Fog is very high, Is it possible to drive on those regions?

Weather will be very pleasant. Even if there is fog you can manage very well. Use the link to get weather update. Make your fuel tank full from Hosur itself, the second fuel station (BP) on the left side after Indianoil, after crossing Hosur flyover, as price in TN is less.

New Page 1

Appu Mangalore is humid, you will sweat a lot.

Early mornings will be cold, and after 11 the sun will take its toll.

You will feel more temperature near Sea.

May be climate of Chennai may be harsh than this, which may be cooler for you.

Appu that is great man. After seeing Rajvel's TL about this place Murudeshwara, I wanted to do this trip once. Pls share your TL so that I can also plan one (do we have AutoLPG Stations on this route[;)])

@Appu

I think Rajvel and some others did this trip earlier, please check the threads !!
@Appu, this is very bad, I was person who told you to contact these people and you never thank me[anger]

Hey that looks to be good amount of churning your tyres buddy !! wish to see a great travelogue very soon.

Thread Starter #13
@Appu, this is very bad, I was person who told you to contact these people and you never thank me[anger]
Friendly souls doesn't need Thanks, that is why I didn't Thanked you[;)].

Hey that looks to be good amount of churning your tyres buddy !!
Yes Gurrala, never expected such a bold and excellent behavior from the tyres. That to on cornering, breaking, patches, worst roads and what else!! Those tyres made the trip easy[:)]

wish to see a great travelogue very soon.
Sure will do ASAP

Top Bottom