Pondicherry - Bangalore Road Condition

Thread Starter #1
I am likely to have a road trip to Pondy some time in 3rd week of December. While going, it will be via Chennai only as I have some personal work there. Can anyone update the present Pondicherry-Bangalore road condition via Thiruvannamalai. If it is not good I may have to take Ulundurpet-Attur-Salem route.

Ram sir.. Though I haven't personally travelled via Tiruvannamali , I have heard it is tiring to drive in this route (irrespective of road conditions).

I had taken Pondichery - Ulundurpet - Salem - Coimbatore route few months back and it was amazing. Only bottleneck was crossing Vilupuram city. But in terms of distance this route is 437kms, a whopping 110kms more than Tiruvannamali route

Another alternative is Pondy - Tindivanam - Chengalpet - Vellore - Krishnagiri route, which should also be good and only around 50kms longer than Route1. However I am unsure about the Chengalpet > Vellore stretch.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Ram sir.. Though I haven't personally travelled via Tiruvannamali , I have heard it is tiring to drive in this route (irrespective of road conditions).

I had taken Pondichery - Ulundurpet - Salem - Coimbatore route few months back and it was amazing. Only bottleneck was crossing Vilupuram city. But in terms of distance this route is 437kms, a whopping 110kms more than Tiruvannamali route

Another alternative is Pondy - Tindivanam - Chengalpet - Vellore - Krishnagiri route, which should also be good and only around 50kms longer than Route1. However I am unsure about the Chengalpet > Vellore stretch.
Thank you Dhana. I think the best option is Thindivanam-Ulundurpet-Attur-Selam-Bangalore and the road now is great though I nave not traveled after the new road is constructed. Is it four of six lane?

Thank you Dhana. I think the best option is Thindivanam-Ulundurpet-Attur-Selam-Bangalore and the road now is great though I nave not traveled after the new road is constructed.

Ram Sir,

why you need to go till Salem? is there any work or just for the road condition?

I suggest you to take B'lore - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Arcot - Vandavasi - Tindivanam- Pondy

I hope you know about the road condition till Arcot from B'lore(Six lane NH),
Arcot- Vandavasi: there is a well laid 2lane wonderful road.
Vandavasi - Tindivanam : 2lane road with patches
Tindivanam - Pondy: Excellent 4 lane Highway.

Is it four of six lane?
Anyhow here is the road status for you:

Thindivanam-Ulundurpet-Attur-Selam-Krishnagiri :
well laid excellent Four lane road. even you can find two lane roads on bye pass section on every town between Salem to Ulundrupet.

Krishnagiri - Bangalore :
Six lane road with so many Diversions due to constructions.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Ram Sir,

why you need to go till Salem? is there any work or just for the road condition?

I suggest you to take B'lore - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Arcot - Vandavasi - Tindivanam- Pondy

I hope you know about the road condition till Arcot from B'lore(Six lane NH),
Arcot- Vandavasi: there is a well laid 2lane wonderful road.
Vandavasi - Tindivanam : 2lane road with patches
Tindivanam - Pondy: Excellent 4 lane Highway.

Anyhow here is the road status for you:

Thindivanam-Ulundurpet-Attur-Selam-Krishnagiri :
well laid excellent Four lane road. even you can find two lane roads on bye pass section on every town between Salem to Ulundrupet.

Krishnagiri - Bangalore :
Six lane road with so many Diversions due to constructions.
Thank you AppU for the feedback.

While going I have some work at Chennai, so from there I am taking ECR.

How about Pondy-Kamban Nagar (32 kms)-Ulundurpet-Attur-Salem-Bangalore?

I have no work at Salem, since the road is good I want to take that route.

Krishagiri-Bangalore stretch I did on last Saturday when I was coming from Palakkad; still the work is not completed and have full of diversions.

Thank you AppU for the feedback.

While going I have some work at Chennai, so from there I am taking ECR.

How about Pondy-Kamban Nagar (32 kms)-Ulundurpet-Attur-Salem-Bangalore?

I have no work at Salem, since the road is good I want to take that route.

Krishagiri-Bangalore stretch I did on last Saturday when I was coming from Palakkad; still the work is not completed and have full of diversions.
If you decided to take Ulundurpet route from Pondy, follow the below route:
Pondy - Cuddalore - Panruti - Ulundurpet - Kallakurichi - Attur - Salem - B'lore.

The above mentioned route is really good. But I feel, it will be very long when compare to Pondy - Tindivanam - Vandavasi - Arcot - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Banglore.

You know,My Grandma's house is at Cuddalore and my Aunt house is at Kallakurichi[:D], I used to go cuddalore and Kallakurichi in a single trip during my childhood days[:)]. Now a days, I'm utilizing all my leaves to go unexplored places.

Pondy - Cuddalore - panruti - Ulundurpet - Kallakurichi - Attur - Salem - B'lore.
Pondy - villupuram- ulundurpet - kallakuruchi asusal is prefered. Cuddalore road will be conjusted with full traffic all the time. In this route you can hit villupuram 40 kms from here in at max 40 mins. Villupuram to ulundurpet is four laned with 30 kms . We can do it in 20 mins.

pondy- cuddalore- neyveli-vriddachalam- attur-salem-krishnagairi-bangalore
current conditions: been 2 days back on this route
ponday- cuddalore: excellent 2 way
cuddalore-vriddachalam: kind of okay words with a few patches
vriddachalam-vepur cross roads: good roads with a few unexpected speed breakers
then it's highways all way till bangalore

u can find some wild life activity deer,foxes. in the vriddachalam- vepur strecth past 10.

Thread Starter #9
Pondy - Cuddalore - Panruti - Ulundurpet - Kallakurichi - Attur - Salem - B'lore.

The above mentioned route is really good. But I feel, it will be very long when compare to Pondy - Tindivanam - Vandavasi - Arcot - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Banglore.

You know,My Grandma's house is at Cuddalore and my Aunt house is at Kallakurichi[:D], I used to go cuddalore and Kallakurichi in a single trip during my childhood days[:)]. Now a days, I'm utilizing all my leaves to go unexplored places.
Thank you AppU for responding. Now that I planned my trip

13 Dec morning, starting from Bangalore, reaching Chennai by 11 am, leaving for Pondy at 2 pm. 13 and 14 at Pondy, 15 morning returning back to Bangalore. Since its a working day I think all of you guys at Chennai will be busy with the work and difficult for a meet. AppU, where are you on Sunday? Suppose if I come via Vellore is possible to have a small meet?

Pondy - villupuram- ulundurpet - kallakuruchi asusal is prefered. Cuddalore road will be conjusted with full traffic all the time. In this route you can hit villupuram 40 kms from here in at max 40 mins. Villupuram to ulundurpet is four laned with 30 kms . We can do it in 20 mins.
Rajvel, thanks for the feedback. If you are free on 14 evening we can have a small meet along with others who are free. I will be staying at Ram International.

pondy- cuddalore- neyveli-vriddachalam- attur-salem-krishnagairi-bangalore
current conditions: been 2 days back on this route
ponday- cuddalore: excellent 2 way
cuddalore-vriddachalam: kind of okay words with a few patches
vriddachalam-vepur cross roads: good roads with a few unexpected speed breakers
then it's highways all way till bangalore

u can find some wild life activity deer,foxes. in the vriddachalam- vepur strecth past 10.
pravin1987,Thank you so much for the suggestion and very kind of you.

Thread Starter #11
Most probably, I'll be in Vellore only on Sunday.

Let me know your plan. So that we will plan for a small meet in Vellore[:)]
Thanks AppU

I will be returning back on Sunday, and if you are there in Vellore I will plan my route that way. Else I will take Attur-Salem route. So, let me know your availability and accordingly we will plan.

Thanks AppU

I will be returning back on Sunday, and if you are there in Vellore I will plan my route that way. Else I will take Attur-Salem route. So, let me know your availability and accordingly we will plan.

When a Beautiful Octavia and his owner planning to have a meet at Vellore with Vista and its owner!!! how can that Vista and its owner deny?

Yes, I'm in for the meet on Sunday at Vellore[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
When a Beautiful Octavia and his owner planning to have a meet at Vellore with Vista and its owner!!! how can that Vista and its owner deny?

Yes, I'm in for the meet on Sunday at Vellore[:)]
Great AppU. So, on my way back we will meet. You can update on this thread else call me also, you have my number too.

Top Bottom