Planning For a Leh Trip in Oct, Nov, Dec 2014

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning for a Leh trip via Srinagar in the next winters. What I want to know is that is it possible to do a Leh trip at that time? If yes when are the last days when it can be possible?

Secondly, need help in deciding the itinerary from Pune-Kota-Leh-Kota-Pune for a 15-18 day trip.

Thirdly, need a list of essential items. Will be taking my Optimus on the trip.

July to September is a great time for this trip officially road opens somewhere in June but roads are not in best conditions BRO constantly works on maintaining the roads and July is a nice time. Also Please tell us about what route you are planning to follow from Kota. You can options to cover Delhi, Amritsar so please elaborate your root a bit more.

You can also refer the following threads

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4162-planning-trip-leh-trivandrum-my-car.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/13223-leh-kerala-mahindra-bolero.html

These threads can help you with most of your queries.

Hi Kinshuk,

the season in Leh end in Oct and things are closed from Nov for the next 6 months. In May itself we had experience snow in Leh and sorrounding places. Temperatures were chilled. So its better you plan your trip during the months May - Oct

Thread Starter #4
Actually due to some things it is not possible for me to go on a Leh trip before Oct end and I dont wnat to postpone it further to 2015. So if it is possible I would like to do a Leh trip at that time.

As far as the route is concerned that can be figured out later once the plan is finalised.

Kinshuk,
I would say please do not plan trip after October.Since you want to do this trip via Srinagar you can go till Zorzila without issues but after that you will frequently encounter snow and lots of snow. Plus in November and early December the temperature of Leh is usually in the range of -5 to -10 degree Celsius. These days the temperature of Leh is in the range of -15 to -28 degree Celsius I am not sure if you want to venture out in these kinds of temperatures in that kind of terrain. Another problem will be finding out accommodation, so in all I think it should be avoided.

its too late to visit leh in november by road. you will have to fly in to leh. but the places to visit will be limited. also the cold will be unbearable. better to prepone the dates.

Top Bottom