Trip To Goa. Points of Interests Please?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI-gers!

Planning for a quick trip to Goa, been there many times, so I am asking for your help [surprise]

Basically I want to see the newer places at Goa, not the usual beaches and stuff which I am fed up at this point.

So looking for

• Museums, specifically naval, and historical in the vicinity of Goa, I believe there is one at Vasco, but don't have any information on if they allow visitors.
  • Water sports and scuba, I know general water sports are everywhere but which is preferred?
  • Cruise, like dance and dine kind, I believe there is one at Panjim, anyone taken that and if so what is the feedback
  • Forts: Have visited Agauda Fort, is there anything nice available?
  • Nightlife, we are travelling two couples together, kids are there, but will leave them at hotel. So any exciting place in south goa side? Basically looking for dine and dance kind of environment.
  • How is caves of Pandawas? is is worth visiting.
  • Anyone visited Dud Sagar driving, I believe it can be seen only from train. Any info?
  • Any other interesting stuff.

We are travelling from Mangalore, yes I can stopover at 'Marawante' and 'Murdeshwar'. Any other options here?

I like visit historical places, local food, and into photography. Don't know how many things will really materialize.

But let me know your ideas. I will treat you with photographs! [glasses]

Re: Trip to Goa, POI please?

• Museums, specifically naval, and historical in the vicinity of Goa, I believe there is one at Vasco, but don't have any information on if they allow visitors.
    Bogmallo beach and Naval Museum in Vasco is a must try place.

You can visit Naval Museum in Vasco which is allowed to public.

We had been there last month, its closed on Monday's.

Will be updating more in my Tlog.

You can have a look at my previous Tlog done in last december, here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/11597-hawks-vacation-goa-2.html#post263244

• Water sports and scuba, I know general water sports are everywhere but which is preferred?
    The one at Baga beach is more enjoyable.

• Cruise, like dance and dine kind, I believe there is one at Panjim, anyone taken that and if so what is the feedback.

The feedback of the cruise is in next page of the link above.

Dance is available but dining on cruise is not available, on the one we boarded.

• Forts: Have visited Agauda Fort, is there anything nice available?
    Hmm... no idea apart from this.

• Nightlife, we are travelling two couples together, kids are there, but will leave them at hotel. So any exciting place in south goa side? Basically looking for dine and dance kind of environment.
    Panjim is the best place for this, dance in cruise and dine in restaurant.

• How is caves of Pandawas? is is worth visiting.

Did you mean Big Foot, it had kind of caves.
    Not worth it for usual visitors, but for kids it would be great experience.

Hope this helps: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ellapur-ankola-karwar-panjim-2.html#post55192

• Anyone visited Dud Sagar driving, I believe it can be seen only from train. Any info?

Dudh sagar would be all together different experience in rains, just planning for the right time.
    How many days have you planned the trip, based on this i can suggest you.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks Mukesh for the quickest response! [clap]

[*]How is caves of Pandawas? is is worth visiting.

Did you mean Big Foot, it had kind of caves.
Not worth it for usual visitors, but for kids it would be great experience.
I am talking about these
Arvalem Caves in Goa, Arvalem caves also known as Pandava caves, Information of Goa Arvalem Caves, Caves in Goa India

I think they are called Arvalem Caves.

[*]Anyone visited Dud Sagar driving, I believe it can be seen only from train. Any info?

Dudh sagar would be all together different experience in rains, just planning for the right time.
How many days have you planned the trip, based on this i can suggest you.
Actually did some research and looks the choices are tough considering kids and ladies with us. Well my total trip to Goa is total 5 days, starting from next Tuesday. But please feel free to suggest if there is a possibility.

Thanks, now heading for your travelblog...[;)]

Thanks Mukesh for the quickest response! [clap]

Actually did some research and looks the choices are tough considering kids and ladies with us. Well my total trip to Goa is total 5 days, starting from next Tuesday. But please feel free to suggest if there is a possibility.

Thanks, now heading for your travelblog...[;)]
Just incase this was a Tlog 3 years ago : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...re-mercara-coorg-mangalore-goa.html#post40498

Basically I want to see the newer places at Goa, not the usual beaches and stuff which I am fed up at this point.
So looking for

Museums, specifically naval, and historical in the vicinity of Goa, I believe there is one at Vasco, but don't have any information on if they allow visitors.
The Naval Aviation Museum is at the end of the Runway on the Bogmalo Road. Open to visitors.
Water sports and scuba, I know general water sports are everywhere but which is preferred?
Drive past the museum to Bogmalo beach and they have scuba there. Parasailing etc is there on almost all beaches.

Cruise, like dance and dine kind, I believe there is one at Panjim, anyone taken that and if so what is the feedback
All are on the Mandovi river in Panjim. Not really that great IMO.

Nightlife, we are travelling two couples together, kids are there, but will leave them at hotel. So any exciting place in south goa side? Basically looking for dine and dance kind of environment.
South Goa is not really a nightlife place. You could try out Tito's at Radisson (branch of the famous Titos). Besides Friday nights are nice at Joet's (Bogmalo). In Colva there's Leda's which has live music on Friday's. Firefly at Benaulim has Karaoke. Most good restaurants has some kind of live music on weekends and you can dance too.

Any other interesting stuff.
There is a vintage car museum at Verna close to the Fiat -Tata showroom.

Hi Peter good to see you after a long time.

Had been to Goa last month, the road near Varun Bottling Company(Pepsi) has improved.

Infact is in good condition.

Whenever i pass this stretch i remember you[:)].

Last edited:
Take in old Goa with a heritage walk -http://www.tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g303877-d1809564-Reviews-Panjim_Heritage_Walk-Panaji_Goa.html

Make sure you have 2 meals at --one at the UpperHouse - The Upper House | Authentic Goan Cuisine Restaurant | Goan Family restaurant | Goan Restaurant in Panjim Goa | Best Goan Seafood restaurant and the second at Viva Panjim -- preferably in the evenings.

Spend an afternoon at "The Houses of Goa" museum - Museum-Houses of Goa. if you go earlier you can also catch students at the school next to the Museum.

Later in the evening, catch a show at the Kala Academy - Kala Academy -- and simply stroll by the river (after parking at the Kala Academy) - this is behind the cafeteria of Kala Academy.

And if you can - do join the Sunday mass at the St Francis Assisi Church.

Top Bottom