Bangalore To Palakkad > Calicut Directions

Thread Starter #1
hello friends, I am Sriram, joined this wonderful community today 23/09/2013.
I will be travelling from Bangalore to Palakkad >- Guruvayoor>- Calicut >-Bangalore. I request maximum possible inputs on the following since this is my first interstate trip. I have a 2010 born Santro

1] Can a Santro be driven for such a long journey ?
2] present road conditions on the above routes
3] approximate time to reach each points
4] Ghat section condition from Calicut to Bangalore

Since I am travelling with my wife , aged mother and 7 yr old daughter any additional information other than the above would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sriram

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be travelling from Bangalore to Palakkad >- Guruvayoor>- Calicut >-Bangalore. I request maximum possible inputs on the following since this is my first interstate trip. I have a 2010 born Santro

Since I am travelling with my wife , aged mother and 7 yr old daughter any additional information other than the above would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sriram

Bangalore - Salem - Avinashi should be good to drive in Santro but from Avinashi till Nilambur(outskirts of Coimbatore) there is a lot of road work happening, you need to get down the road few times atleast. At Nilambur you can take a left through L&T Bye pass avoiding Coimbatore City and till Madukkarai junction the roads are good. From Madukkarai till Thrissur, roads are virtually non existent. You may take Velandhathavalam road at K K Savadi juntion & travel via Velandhavalam, Pudhu nagaram, Kollengode & connect NH47 back at Vadakkencherry(GPS would be of help in this route as signboards are not much). Even Beyond Vadakkancherry till Thrissur when I travelled 3-4 months back, it had lots of pot holes. It will take more time than you plan for a 50 KM Stretch.

Thanks,

Sriram
The route normally I take from Bangalore to Palakkad is Bangalore>Hosur>Krishnagiri>Salem>Avinashi>Coimbatore L&T bye pass and from Karpagam University take a left to Pollachi, and at Pollachi from the first signal take right, then take left from the next signal (bus stand), after 300 meters take right at the dead end, after 500 meters take left and proceed, and again after 500 meters from the first junction take right to Thrissur road. From here the route is Govindapuram (KL/TN border)>Kollengode>Nemmara>Chittilamchery>Mudappallur and before reaching Vadakkanchery just before the bridge take a right and immediate left to NH 47. The first 5 kms are little bad and then it is a newly done up road up to the point just 5 kms from Mannuthy (and the work is going on now on this stretch). And this is the update from the travel I made yesterday.

Avinashi>Coimbatore, the work is nearing completion and comfortable to drive except for a few deviations, but negligible.

Thrissur>Guruvayur>Ponnani>Tirur>Kozhikode.

Kozhikode>Kalpetta (Ghat section and the roads are good)>Sulthanbathery>Gundlupet (night driving is not permitted in the reserve forest)>Mysore>Bangalore.

If your santro is in good condition, it will be absolutely comfortable on this entire stretch.

Goodluck.

Welcome SRIPADMABLR, to this wonderful community.

Bangalore – Hosur-Salem –Avinashi : Good 4-lane roads
After a few kilometers from Salem on left you have Saravana Bhavan. Excellent veg-restaurant.
From Avinashi instead of continuing towards Coimbatore-Palakkad, I would suggest this alternate route:
Avinashi- Palladam-Pollachi-Gopalapuram-Palakkad

Reason : unmarked roads with diversions and speed brakers until L&T By-pass and beyond that after L&T up to Palakkad, the roads are in pathetic condition.

Palakkad-Pathirippala-Ottapalam-Kulappully-Wadakanchery-Pathazhakkundu-Kecheri-Guruvayur [ all excellent roads]

When are you planning your trip?

Top Bottom