My Trip To Kochi From 23 - 26 September 2013

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I have a travel to Kochi in next month and I have to stay there for 5 days for an expo starting from 22nd and will end on 27th. The venue is Kochi port trust.

I need a good executive hotel with the range between Rs.1000 to Rs.2000. I do not need it very near to the venue I mentioned if it is accessable within 3 to 4 kilometers is okay something like places near by Ernakulam jn. station some where more hotels are located and I get a good price due to the competition but who offer clean hotel to me.

Look forward to hear from all TAI friends from Kochi, Kerala and other friends who have stayed in Kochi.

YES there will be a "Kochi meet thread" will be opened up shortly and wish to meet many friends from Kochi,Trivandrum,chalakudy and other places near to Kochi[:)]

Re: Budget Executive hotel in Kochi !!

Dear Gurrala74,Ecolodge hotel near high court is a really nice one,suits your budget.Mercy hotel near Shipyard is also good one.ATS hotel near Port trust is a basic budget hotel,would be near to your venue.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Executive Budget Hotel in Kochi !!

Kochin and Kerala members, No advice on my query[cry] except dr.aneesh

I have one more question, I need to travel to Erode and from there to Kochi. I need to be there on Kochi 23rd morning without fail. So what is the best way to do this from Hyderabad(not in a car)

I thought of leaving Hyderabad in train on 21st and reach 22nd morning to Bangalore and fresh up and start again to Erode and meet a person there and proceed to kochi, so how much time it takes from Bangalore to Erode, Do there are regular bus services available ??

Which is the best more to travel from Erode to Kochi(Train/Bus)

Mods : Please change the thread title to "My trip to Kochi 23/9 to 26/9/13"

Bangalore - Erode
MultiAxle bus takes around 4Hrs . Some normal bus takes 6-7 hrs .
Charges varies from 380 to 1200 (depending on Non AC, AC, Sleeper, Multiaxle & time). If you travel at night, you end up paying more.

Source : Redbus.in

Thread Starter #5
Thank you appus, I need to travel in day time and reach Erode by afternoon and finish the meeting there and proceed to Kochi

Thank you appus, I need to travel in day time and reach Erode by afternoon and finish the meeting there and proceed to Kochi
RK, you can try Intercity Ernakulam exp.(Train No.12677) from Bangalore. It starts at 6.15 am from City station, and reaches by 11.30 am at Erode. You can get lot of trains from Erode to Ernakulam and shouldn't be a problem. And since your travel is after Onam, there is a chance of lesser crowd.

Thread Starter #7
Ram Sir, I will be reaching bangalore itself by 6.30am, so I can't catch that train sir. I am just thinking if I reach Vellore and ask Appu to drop me at Erode[;)] BTW where you will be during those days(No I will not ask you to give me lift, but just to know if you are near by or on the way some where)

Last edited:
Ram Sir, I will be reaching bangalore itself by 6.30am, so I can't catch that train sir. I am just thinking if I reach Vellore and ask Appu to drop me at Erode[;)] BTW where you will be during those days(No I will not ask you to give me lift, but just to know if you are near by or on the way some where)
RK, right now I am in Palakkad. I have couple marriages to attend and the upcoming Onam too. I have a trip pending to Chennai, not decided the date. Anyway, I will update to you. Hope we will be able to meet, if everything is fine.

Hahaha, As the day falls on weekdays, I'll be in Chennai.

Thread Starter #10
@Appu Sir,

The day is not a week day and it is sunday(22/9/13)[:)]

Bangalore TAI friends anybody want to join me from Bangalore to Vellore to have lunch with Appu[;)] who are bored of city ride every day and want to have a good long drive up to Vellore can come with me(ofcourse with their ride)

@Appu Sir,

The day is not a week day and it is sunday(22/9/13)[:)]

Bangalore TAI friends anybody want to join me from Bangalore to Vellore to have lunch with Appu[;)] who are bored of city ride every day and want to have a good long drive up to Vellore can come with me(ofcourse with their ride)

Oh, I thought it is 23rd[:D]

If it is 22nd, then for 100% I'll be in Vellore. I'm ready to welcome you guys. If you guys want Briyani, we can have it at Vaniyampadi. Vaniyampadi Briyani is very famous.

OT:

@AppU,
We may visit (not at all sure) Vellore Golden temple on 15th as my bro,mom is coming down to Bangalore. Will let you know if it is finalized. They will be here for celebrating Onam with us :). As I need to take them out somewhere, the best place with good road condition is Vellore Golden temple than Mysore (Less KM though)

OT:

@AppU,
We may visit (not at all sure) Vellore Golden temple on 15th as my bro,mom is coming down to Bangalore. Will let you know if it is finalized. They will be here for celebrating Onam with us :). As I need to take them out somewhere, the best place with good road condition is Vellore Golden temple than Mysore (Less KM though)

That is really great appus[clap]

But, I may go to Cuddalore on 14-15th of this month. my trip is almost confirmed. Let me know your plan. so that I try to adjust my timings[:)]

Thread Starter #14
I am thru' with my travel plan now. I will start on 21st from Hyderabad and reach Bangalore on 22nd morning, fresh up and leave for Erode via Vellore and finish the meeting at Erode and take the train to Ernakulam in the night and reach Kochi on 23rd morning[:)]

Thread Starter #15
It is my mistake, I was all the time thinking that Vellore is on the way between Bangalore and Erode, but it is not. I spoke to Appu yesterday and got this information, thanks Appu. So I will be straight going from Bangalore to Erode and to Ernakulam and will also try for a Tatkal ticket for Sabari express which is direct from Hyderabad to Erode.

Friends from Kerala and who have visited kochi, please suggest me some good hotels

Top Bottom