Hotels in India That Allow Pets

Thread Starter #1
Based on a suggestion by 'Member: nozzlering' in one of my previous threads,
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/11909-trip-jamshedpur-pune.html

This thread is to share the all possible details of hotel's that allow pets.
- Please do not share any of the 5 star hotels name as they do not allow pets or in some cases allow pets only within 20 pound.

During my journey from Jamshedpur to Pune, I halted at Sambalpur.
Hotel Konark allow's pets. The owner stays above and is genuinely a nice guy.
Food quality in the hotel: Good
Room: Clean and comfortable.
Room Rate: Rs. 1500/- (For a A/c double Bed room with an extra bed)
Car parking was available within the premisses and if you tell them, they will wash your car also.
The surrounding location is not posh as its by the highway.

Last edited:
Thanks karthga06 for starting this thread. I hope more info will pour in. Its sad that none of the portals like makemytrip, cleartrip, etc have a search option for pet friendly hotels. Anyways we will make a list of one.
Here's my list of pet friendly hotels
Hyderabad:
Hotel LogInn
AC Double bed room with extra adult Total charges Rs 2600
Couldn't make it to the hotel, as plan to visit Hyderabad was cancelled. Booking was cancelled. They said they have own parking area.

Nanded:
Hotel Anuradha Palace
AC Double bed room with extra adult Total charges Rs 2050
Visited this hotel twice. Nice budget hotel.
Enclosed car parking within hotel compound.

Raipur:
Hotel Grand Arjun
AC deluxe suite with extra adult Total charges Rs3465
Visited this hotel twice. Very good hotel.
Car park withing hotel premises. Both open and covered.

I would like to mention one very important thing that while the hotels oblige us by allowing our pets to be with us, it becomes our duty that other hotel guests do not face any inconvenience because of our pet. And the room should be left in decent condition at the time of check out. Just to ensure that these hotels continue letting us be with our pets during hotel stays.

Thread Starter #3
Mahabaleshwar
Jambhale Cottages
Accommodation: Good, clean and comfortable, reasonable
Good points:
- They have allot of space within the premises for us to play with the Dog, if needed.
- Option for Bonfire is available.
- No bakwas crowd is entertained.

Hi All! I am looking for a pet friendly hotel at Vishakhapatnam (Vizag). Doing a road trip to Jamshedpur from Bangalore with my 4-legged son :-) on the 3rd of September, plan to reach Vishakhapatnam by around 10:00 PM. Will be great if any of you can assist me with the required info. Just need a night stay in the city.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Starter #6
@ verma_rahul - I know I am more than a year late to reply to your comment. Sorry was not very active online for past 1 year. Coming back to pet friendly hotels in Andhra.. Following are the places I know where pets are allowed..

Andhra-
1> Beach View Holiday Home - Decent and affordable.
2> Short Stay Homes - Vijayawada
3> Pride Inn Resort - Puttūr
4> A One Guest House or Mr. Victor Paul - Hyderabad

I have faced this dilemma too. We have been travelling with our pets (boxers, attached photos) for almost two decades and have faced the problem - pet accommodation - on many occasions.

Most of the time the situation has been resolved by taking refuge in the various accommodations (PWD guest houses, circuit houses, forest dept rest houses etc) along the highway ( Mumbai>Lucknow-NH3 /// Lucknow>Uttaranchal-NH24,31 & some SHs too) provided for public servants. A little talk with the chowkidar, a little gentle persuasion in the form of cash tariff & usually it works - with the chowkidar offering to cook your meals for you too! We carry our pet's meals (during travels) so that its not such a serious issue.

One of the reasons we love the Kumaon region in Uttaranchal is because of the open door pet policy of the KMVN organization - (Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam, the state Tourist Dept.) - in all its hostelries in the district. Comfortable, clean rooms, with hot & cold running water (a must in this region, with temps plunging well below zero in winter!), attached toilets with breakfast & dinner included in the tariff. Plus the obligatory cable TV in each room. The rates are very reasonable (KMVN, Naukuchiatal, our home from home there) from our point of view (2500/- to 4000/- depending on the season).

Our problems started when we added Lucknow>Kolkata to our itinerary. So far we have not found a pet-friendly hotel on the route (NH2 from Allahabad to Kolkata) nor the usual standby of govt. accommodation along the highway. The first time our night halt was at Bodhgaya where I slept in the car with our pets while the others spent a comfortable night in a hotel bed![:)] Thereafter we have not taken the risk of taking our pets with us on this route.

So we shall be obliged for any information on pet-friendly accomodation pertaining to this route.

Top Bottom