Bangalore - Jog Falls Road Conditions

Thread Starter #1
Can any one make a quick update on current road condition from Bangalore to Jog falls? I will be driving down on the coming week end.

Can any one make a quick update on current road condition from Bangalore to Jog falls? I will be driving down on the coming week end.
Wow. Another trip on the line.
Roads are not in the best shape I heard. My co-brother's native is sirsi (50km odd km from jog).He went by bus and did not want to drive. Should be better than the peak you visited a week back.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Bangalore-Jog falls road conditions

Wow. Another trip on the line.
Roads are not in the best shape I heard. My co-brother's native is sirsi (50km odd km from jog).He went by bus and did not want to drive. Should be better than the peak you visited a week back.
Thank you appus for the information.

This trip was planned earlier as I sent a PM to you. I thought on the way I will visit Jog falls, as there will be heavy water flow after the rain. Last couple of times it was a disappointment going to Jog falls as there was no water.

This time there is lot of water. They visited in July 1st week. Which route you are planning to take?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

This time there is lot of water. They visited in July 1st week. Which route you are planning to take?
I thought, if the road is good I will go via. Tumkur>Shimoga>Sagar>Jog falls>Kumta>Ankola>Panaji else-

Davengere>Haveri>Mundgod>Karwar. Last August I took this route and the stretch from Mundgod to Ankola was not all that good. I don't know the present condition.

I am yet to finalize the route. Do you have any suggestion?

I thought, if the road is good I will go via. Tumkur>Shimoga>Sagar>Jog falls>Kumta>Ankola>Panaji else-

Davengere>Haveri>Mundgod>Karwar. Last August I took this route and the stretch from Mundgod to Ankola was not all that good. I don't know the present condition.

I am yet to finalize the route. Do you have any suggestion?
Will suggest some route by Tuesday night ! He is coming back on Tuesday morning. I will check with him about the Road condition.

Thread Starter #7

Will suggest some route by Tuesday night ! He is coming back on Tuesday morning. I will check with him about the Road condition.

Oh!!! Thank you. That will be great. So, I will wait till then.

Please find out how much time will it take to drive from Jog falls to Mangalore-Karwar NH

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Any updates appus about the road condition?

If you diddn't get it, no issues, ignore it

Sorry about that. He just landed in bangalore today. Today night i should be able to post it. Sorry [cry]. I do not know how much helpful that would be as he traveled on bus than his car

Thread Starter #10
Sorry about that. He just landed in bangalore today. Today night i should be able to post it. Sorry [cry]. I do not know how much helpful that would be as he traveled on bus than his car
Thank you appus

No issues. Let me know by tonight if possible.

I am leaving on Sunday morning and I can't stay back at Jog falls, as I booked the accommodation at Goa starting from Sunday. I thought I will start little early in the morning and take the route via Sagar and cover Jog falls on the way, and reach Goa by evening. This is possible only if the road condition is good. I think Jog falls is another 40 kms inside from this route.

He says 'Shimoga to Sagar' route is not that great condition.
Chitradurga-haveri is okay itseems. Haveri to Sirsi (around 70km) is kind of bumpy roads.

He says 'I was sleeping' [anger].
I am really confused. I think you cant take his words :( . :sorry:

Thread Starter #12
Chitradurga-haveri is okay itseems. Haveri to Sirsi (around 70km) is kind of bumpy roads.

Thank you appus for the updates. Very kind of you

Let me decide something in two days. Meantime there may be some inputs.

Anyway I will keep you updated.

Thread Starter #13

I got some information from the net about the present road condition and seems ok. Still I am not sure how far it is reliable.

Any way I am taking Jog falls route only. Another hassle is the rain. As per the forecast, heavy rain will be there on Sunday on all the way to Goa

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
I did Jog falls last year, just before monsoons. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/7523-bangalore-goa-my-small-family-my-manza-me-2.html
Though the road is just two lane (most of it), the picturesque route compensates for that (Shimoga route). The roads were narrow, but in good condition (2nd monsoon after that). The roads were being repaired and about to be completed.
Thank you nozzlering

I did this route couple of times and the last was in 2010. Its a beautiful stretch with more of greenery all the way and you really enjoy the drive.

I had seen your TL last year itself, and now once again I had gone through and its really wonderful.

Your AC problem was this I guess... Sometimes, when you are using the AC continuously for long time, there is chance if ice formation in the evaporator, by which the cooling efficiency will be reduced. It is just like the ice formation inside the freezer of the fridge(old type). In such times, you can switch off the AC and run the blower at the maximum speed for few minutes, so that all the ice will be melted, and then press the AC switch, you will find it working normally. This is happening because the thermostat cut off system is not functioning properly.

Top Bottom