Need Guidance: Bangalore - Vellore - Kanchipuram- Tirupathi - Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
folks,
while this also means that be ready to see a travelouge on the upcoming trip, i need some help.
i am planning to take a trip to the given route this weekend bangalore-vellore-kanchipuram-tirupati and back.

my questions:
  1. Staying options at vellore and at kanchipuram? any recommendations pls
  2. food options on the way to vellore are well known. but any recommendations on route from vellore to kanchipuram, and kanchipuram to tirupati?
  3. driving direction from tirupati to bangalore. there is a kolar route and then a chintamani route? which is recommended one? distance wise both seem similar.
  4. any good places to eat while returning from tirupati to bangalore?

3. I have taken

Tirumala ->Alpiri Bypass-> Chittoor Bypass -> Palamaner -> Mulbagal -> Hosakote-> KR Puram - > Indiranagar ->Ejipura route

The above route is really good except few kilometers.

4. Food option depending on what time you leave/reach at some point. We had the breakfast from Bans the Hotel @ chittoor Bypass. Decent enough buffet for 115RS (Breakfast).

Hope someone will respond to your other queries soon (Kandhipuram/route/stay options)
I have mentioned my route (up n down to Tirupati from Bangalore) in This post

Hi Quitefar,

Hope I can help you here, check my answers below.

my questions:
  1. Staying options at Vellore and at kanchipuram? any recommendations pls
Staying options in Vellore: There are so many Hotels/Residency available Vellore. If you want a stay in the Chennai-B'lore NH then you can choose GRT Sameera, River View, Mount Paradise, Srinivasar residency, Annamalayar Residency, GVD inn.

If you need a stay inside the Vellore city, then you can choose Darling Residency, Shurabi international, Baby residency, Hotel Kanna, park avenue and some other hotels available inside the city.

For more Details you can check this Below link:
http://www.cmc-biostatistics.ac.in/Hotel_details.pdf

Kanchpuram is just 50Mins drive from Vellore(69Kms). So I've no idea about the staying options at Kanchipuram.

1. food options on the way to vellore are well known. but any recommendations on route from vellore to kanchipuram, and kanchipuram to tirupati?
Food options on route from vellore to kanchipuram: I think you can your food in Vellore at Arias, Durga bhavan, Saravana bhavan. Otherwise there are so many new hotels available in Vellore - Kanchipuram Highways.

At Kanchipuram, there is a hotel called Sakthi Ganpathi. When ever we go, we have our food there. And Saravanan Bhavan is also there at Kanchipuram.

You no need to worry about hotels.

I Never traveled on kanchipuram to tirupati route, so No idea [:D]

1. Driving direction from tirupati to bangalore. there is a kolar route and then a chintamani route? which is recommended one? distance wise both seem similar.
You can take Kanchipuram - Arrakonnam - Thiruthani - Naganeri - Puttur - Renigutta - tirupathi.

This route is a two lane, single road. I heard that the road is in good shape.

From Tirupathi - Banglore, you can take Tirumala ->Alpiri Bypass-> Chittoor Bypass -> Palamaner -> Mulbagal -> Hosakote-> KR Puram - > Indiranagar ->Ejipura route as suggested by appus.

1. any good places to eat while returning from tirupati to bangalore?
Bangalore guys will help here.

Thread Starter #4
fantastic. thank you guys for your inputs.
for staying i have got GRT booked both at vellore and kanchipuram. we are not staying at tirupati. all is set.
for food and small breaks, the responses are heartening and i am not worried anymore.
tirupati to bangalore, i will stick to the route suggested. thx much for that.
btw, i am starting something new on my blog with this trip. pls do check out
Getting ready for the road trip & Live blogging from road | Saurabh Mittal Photography

thx and wait for a detailed report to come through. thx again.

Thread Starter #10
fellas, was busy but wrote details of my trip on my blog.
Temples of south india: Bangalore-Vellore- kanchipuram- tirupati- Bangalore. Part 1. | Saurabh Mittal Photography
Enchanting Temples of india-Day 2 of Bangalore-Vellore-Kanchipuram- Tirupati- Bangalore | Saurabh Mittal Photography
you are welcome to read it. if there are any specific questions which i can help with, pls let me know. i am trying to keep my habit of updating my blog and not replicating information at different forums. any comments, appreciated.

Nothing against you bro.
When you are advertise your blog here (for obvious reasons), why don't you link this website in your blog (saying 'i got info from these websites' ?).

Anyways, I am against using a public forum like this for 'advertisement' . Take it in any sense.

Happy Blogging.

Thread Starter #12
i dont know what do you mean by advertising? the suggestion you made is great about the linking, and didnt think of that.i will surely do that, but the way this point has been made, is surprising.

Top Bottom