Planning Roadtrip - Maruti Alto - Chennai - Tiruchendur - Chennai

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, During mid august, I'm planning a roadtrip from Chennai to Tiruchendur. Totally it comes around 1300 kms. It's going to be a 4 day drive. I am a 18 year old guy and own a 2007 maruti alto which has done around 27000 kms. I just need to know what and all needs to be done to the car and me [lol]. Also i will be needing a few pointers from fellow TAI'ans. Help me out here guys.

P.S. I already have prior experience because i have done 500 kms in one day in my first roadtrip & 600 kms in one day in my second roadtrip. (Both roadtrips in the alto [clap])

Roads are pretty good until Kovilpatti. You will be reaching Kovilpatti via Trichy, Madurai, Virudhunagar. Very less traffic will be there from Madurai to Kovilpatti. There is a good bypass around Madurai, so you won't even enter Madurai.

You drive should be comfortable and less stress until Kovilpatti. From Kovilpatti, you need to take left towards Ettaiyapuram (place where Tamil favorite poet Bharathy born) and go toward Thirchendur. Last leg can take little more time as it is state highways and roads were not in good shape couple of years back. Take it easy on these village roads.

Make sure you have a spare for this journey.
Service your vehicle a week or two before journey.
Make sure to have changes for Tolls all along the way.

Nothing else, you can do it easily. Don't speed above 90, just for insanity on those tempting NH7.

Happy Journey.

Top Bottom