Mukutmanipur Road Condition

Thread Starter #1
I intend going to Mukutmanipur on the weekend 9th Aug to 11 August. The route to be taken is via Durgapur and Bankura. Can anybody help me regarding the current road condition. Also if possible I will visit Bishnupur on my return. Which route shall I take from Bishnupur to Kolkata

Regards

I intend going to Mukutmanipur on the weekend 9th Aug to 11 August. The route to be taken is via Durgapur and Bankura. Can anybody help me regarding the current road condition. Also if possible I will visit Bishnupur on my return. Which route shall I take from Bishnupur to Kolkata

Regards
From Bishnupur to kolkata you should take Arambagh Tarakeshwar singur route. Roads are nothing great but less congested that if you take the Dankuni route via Chapadanga / chapadali more (dont remember the exact name of that place)

Not in very good shape, specially after the monsoon. You have to drive cautiously after Durgapur. The road was repaired and was in good shape earlier. Unfortunately just after few spells of rain it has deteriorated badly.
From Bishnupur to kolkata you should take Arambagh Tarakeshwar singur route. Roads are nothing great but less congested that if you take the Dankuni route via Chapadanga / chapadali more (dont remember the exact name of that place)
In case you wish to go by the Tarakeswar route, specially in this Bengali month of "Sravan", please remember that the authorities are keeping this route closed for motor vehicles on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. This is to cope with the heavy rush of pilgrims at Tarakeswar temple, who like to carry water with them to pour on the idol of Lord Shiva at the temple of Tarakeswar.

Top Bottom