Help Needed For Bangalore To Patna Road Route

Thread Starter #1
I am planing to travel by my Maruti Ertiga form Bangalore to Varansi Patna. I kindly request members familiar with trips to Bangalore Varanasi-Patna route for their valuable updates on proper route en-route places how safe they are and what precaution i should take in particular place . I am planing to go within a month time. It will be great if break places are mentioned with good hotels.
I can drive 400 to 500 Km/ day and want to reach on 3rd day if possible or else 4th day. Any update will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I am planing to travel by my Maruti Ertiga form Bangalore to Varansi Patna. I kindly request members familiar with trips to Bangalore Varanasi-Patna route for their valuable updates on proper route en-route places how safe they are and what precaution i should take in particular place . I am planing to go within a month time. It will be great if break places are mentioned with good hotels.
I can drive 400 to 500 Km/ day and want to reach on 3rd day if possible or else 4th day. Any update will be appreciated.
Great to hear that you are travelling to Patna and that too in Ertiga.Too much common I too want to travel to Patna and that too in Ertiga.

I suggest take a root from Bangalore-> Hyderabad-> Nagpur and take rest in Nagpur. I guess you can cover till Nagpur in one day.Then travel via Katni, Varanasi , Mugalsarai to Patna. I guess after Nappur route is similar as Sanghmitra express.

Please keep updated this thread.

Advice and suggestion on Bangalore- Patna trip

Hi Friends,

We are planning for a trip to hometown during Diwali and Chatth puja. This time somehow I did not book flight tickets in advance and it's very expensive now and can save only 1 day over train so no point in spending extra 30K for saving 2 days.

If we do not get train tickets then will look for alternate option i.e. by road.

My tentative plan is :
Day 1 Evening-> At 5 PM Start from office outer ring-road and reach Hyderabad by 1 AM next day. Total time taken with buffer time : 8 hours.
Day 2-> Continue to Nagpur and reach by 4 PM and take a night halt.
Day 3-> Start from Nagpur at 4 AM and reach Patna by mid night.

Please suggest if it is practical and wise to travel by Road and after recent flood howz the road situation in MP.

If anyone else is willing to join us while traveling they are most welcome. We can have company/

Thanks,
Alok

I would suggest to buy one more thing for your trip Map My India GPS, considering you are going to Bihar..[;)]
What does it mean for? So if anyone traveling to place other than Bihar does not require GPS? Comeon this is not the right forum to quote such statement.Rather such comments should come from MNS only.

Last edited:
Bihar is no different from Maharashtra. Or any other state. Keep aside big cities, and you will find no difference. I recently drove via Karnataka, Maharashtra, Chhatisgarh to Jharkhand.
Though roads of Karnataka were comparatively better, roads in other three states were bad. Overall roads were more bad in Maharashtra stretch.
Excuse me for going OT

Well it will be difficult to cover in 3 days. At present, going via AP isn't a good idea because of protests. So you might have to go via Maharashtra. Unfortunately SH 240 (or SH204) is in very bad condition. So reaching Nagpur in one day is out of question. After Nagpur NH will take you to Jabalpur Katni Varanasi, Patna. Road condition will be good. You can do Nanded-Jabalpur-Varanasi-Patna. Or you can stretch on last day Jabalpur to Patna. But get to know the road condition before hand. If you take Hyderabad route, you can make upto Nagpur in one day. This might be of little help http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/13690-bangalore-kolkata-require-route-suggestions.html

As predicted and thank you to IRCTC,no ticket got either online and also sent two person for counter booking but in 2mins the waitlist was 22 for 3AC.

hence more chance that we will travel using car. I would to like all input.

Bangalore to Nagpur is good road (NH7) except some 50 kms before Nagpur, work is in progress. bad road is not continuous and comes in around 10kms patches.
Nagpur to Jabalpur road is in pathetic state. even roadways buses also stopped, very few buses are plying in Nagpur-Jabalpur route

I have travelled from Bangalore to Jabalpur on 23Dec2015 and returned on 31Dec2015.

Bangalore to Nagpur road (NH7) is good. Some bad roads before Nagpur improved by patchwork .
Nagpur to Jabalpur road is also improved. Some patches are 4 lane(Nagpur-Mansard, Seoni bypass) and 4 lane road widening work is in progress.

I also drove to Bangalore to Nagpur this Year- started on 24 Dec 8 PM from Bangalore and returned back on 27 Dec - 2PM,overall excellent roads. Also bad patch from Adilabad to Hinganghat has been repaired with two lane road, credit goes to current Govt.

In 2014, I traveled Bangalore-Nagpur-Raipur and the roads were in bad shape rather no roads for 60 KM from Adilabad to Hinganghat

Top Bottom