Bangalore To Tiruvannamalai, Pollachi (Anamalai) in My Tiny - Suggestions Please

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Planning from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai this Thursday early morning for my friend's marriage and after that visit a temple "Masani amma temple" at Anamalai near pollachi. Thinking to leave early morning by 4 am and reach Tiruvannamalai by 8 30 am. After marriage visit temple, then start to Annamalai. Reach there by evening and stay. Next day, get fresh, visit temple and get the darshan and pooja and start by noon to Bangalore. I did googled and found Valparai is just an 1 and half from Pollachi, but not sure if we will be making it.

Request you guys to throw some light on the road conditions, stay options etc.,

By the way, we are planning to drive on MY TINY - Maruti 800, 4 people (all guys).

Planned to leave early morning on Thursday, 27th of June and return by 28th Friday evening.

I have heard that the road conditions not that good after Krishnagiri to Tiruvannamalai. Route alternatives?

Also, I am driving towards chennai for the first time. So, anyone driven this route recently?

Your advice or suggestions would really help.

Cheers,
Girish

Last edited:
Re: Suggestions please : Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai, Pollachi (Anamalai) on my TINY

The road conditions are good only except few stretches. Some places there are diversions due to 6 lane work and flyover work.

Just stick to road rules , do not overspeed and enjoy the drive.

Grish,

One doubt, Why you need to go to Pollachi Via T.V.Malai?

BTW,
Bangalore - Krishnagiri -> hope you know about six lane road with few diversions.

Krishnagiri - T.V.Malai -> worst road from very long time, recently our Nozzlering tried that route while returing from pondy. He said that he took 12 Hrs to reach B'lore from Pondy.

Better take Banglore-Salem-Erode-Tirupur-Pollachi

If you need to go T.V. Malai for sure then take Banglore-Vellore-T.V.Malai-Kallakurichi-Attur-Salem-Erode-Tirupur-Pollachi for Better road, it will take 100Kms more than the Banglore-krishnagiri-T.V.Malai-Kallakurichi-Attur-Salem-Erode-Tirupur-Pollachi.

Otherwise if you are ok with the worst road then take Banglore-krishnagiri-T.V.Malai-Kallakurichi-Attur-Salem-Erode-Tirupur-Pollachi. But sure, After T.V.Malai you will find the wonderful road[:)]

Thread Starter #4
Anshuman8 - yes, sure. Have got the MGP seatbelts fixed to my 800 today. The max speed would be 100, knowing the limitations of my 800, will stick to 80 kmph.

AppU, Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Not sure about the routes, but i have heard people saying the roads are very bad after krishnagiri till Tiruvannamalai.

Bangalore to Krishnagiri is fine, but the thing is I am going to attend the marriage of my friend, so going to Tiruvannamalai. After that, the plan is to only visit Masaniamma temple at Anamalai and back to Bangalore.

Will take Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai via Vellore. After Tiruvannamalai are the roads are good till Anamalai?

Which route would be better?

Tiruvannamalai - Salem - Erode - Pollachi = 365 Kms is good? Is it a 4 lane or a two lane? Or its a single road without any split?

Will take Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai via Vellore. After Tiruvannamalai are the roads are good till Anamalai?

Which route would be better?

Tiruvannamalai - Salem - Erode - Pollachi = 365 Kms is good? Is it a 4 lane or a two lane? Or its a single road without any split?

first week of this month, my parents done a trip to Kallakurichi from Vellore.

The road are in Excellent condition even in Monsoon. during munnar trip I drove from Salem to Chennai via Kallakurichi, Excellent road.

Thiruvanamalai to Kalalkurichi Two lane single road, without any divider. From Kallakurichi to Salem, Four lane road.

Hope after salem also there will be combination of Four & Two lane roads. But sure, the roads are in Good condition[:)]

BTW, when you are planning your trip?

Thread Starter #6
Sure, thats a great information. Thanks AppU. Hope your parents had a good trip.

Will stick to this route. Planned to start this Thursday early morning at 4 from Bangalore.

The plan is to reach Tiruvannamalai by 9, attend marriage. Also, Visit temple at tiruvannamalai.

And then leave to Anamalai. Stay that night at Anamalai, go to Masaniamma temple Friday and leave by Friday noon and reach Bangalore by night.

Any other precautions to be taken care of?

Regards,
Girish

Sure, thats a great information. Thanks AppU. Hope your parents had a good trip.

Will stick to this route. Planned to start this Thursday early morning at 4 from Bangalore.

The plan is to reach Tiruvannamalai by 9, attend marriage. Also, Visit temple at tiruvannamalai.

And then leave to Anamalai. Stay that night at Anamalai, go to Masaniamma temple Friday and leave by Friday noon and reach Bangalore by night.

Any other precautions to be taken care of?

Regards,
Girish

That's great buddy,

Precautions: check the Air pressure, Breaks, Engine oils & other fuels and make sure that Horn & all lights are working fine. Carry spare headlight bulb also. that is enough to rock the road

Drive safe & Enjoy the trip[drive]

Thread Starter #8
Thanks again AppU.

Sure, I have topped up the engine oil today after fixing the pair of seat belts.

Will keep the thread posted with pics once I am back.

Thanks a lot!!

Girish

Thanks again AppU.

Sure, I have topped up the engine oil today after fixing the pair of seat belts.

Will keep the thread posted with pics once I am back.

Thanks a lot!!

Girish
Follow the road that AppU suggested, and the stretch is good, and he has done a trip recently. You can try your stay at Pollachi, will be more economical, and Anamalai is very close by, if get time you make a trip to Valparai also.

Most important : Check your wipers and if necessary change the blades.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks a lot Sir, I have replaced the wiper blades to bosch ones 2 months ago. Will check it again. Planning to stay at Pollachi, not sure where and I have left it to my friend to decide on that A R Ram Sir. Will atleast try to have a drive at Valparai as the pics really tempting me, as its monsoon hope it will be much better.

Regards,
Girish

Hi,
From Bangalore better take Krishnagiri---Karimangalam--Morappur--Harur--Tiruvannamali.The roads are good two laned State Highway. Passes through villages and some forest areas.
From Tiruvannamalai, if you have time,visit Thirukkoyilur a beautifull old Temple. From there you can reach salem via kallakurichy.

Sorry Girish, landed to this thread lately [By that time you would have reached T.V. Malai]. Hope you have great time ahead with your buddies.

Thread Starter #13
Hi All, back from Mindblowing 2 day , 1,300 kms trip.

Here is the small travellogue, please bare with me as I am not good in writing.

As planned, I think we managed the time properly.

As always like most of us, could not sleep properly the day before we had planned to start driving. Went on to bed at 10 pm after packing up the necessary things to carry for the trip by keeping an alarm to get up at 3 in the morning on Thursday and leave at 4. But, somehow could not sleep properly and was eagerly waiting to start driving :-) and woke up at 12 45 and was somehow managed to sleep for somemore time and was waiting for 3 o clock.

Got ready and as planned, friends reached my place at sharp 4 15 and we started at 4 30 to Tiruvannamalai.

Route taken was R T Nagar-Koramangala-E city-Krishnagiri and hit the bad roads for 80 kms strech to Tiruvannamalai. Wanted to take Vellore route but time was a constraint as my friend's marriage muhurtam was at 9 and did not wanted to be late for the wedding. As soon as we took a right after Krishnagiri, thought oh ok, not bad roads, can manage but I was proved wrong as I went ahead. I had just heard of people talking about the kind of road conditions over there but experienced it badly.

Stopped for breakfast before 30 kms to Tiruvannamalai, near a bus stop there at around 8 00 don't remember the place had a quick breakfast and left and managed to reach Tiruvannamalai at 9 15. Attended the marriage and took the blessings of the Lord and left Tiruvannamalai at 1 30.

Then the plan was to reach Pollachi by evening and stay at Hotel Sakthi on Thursday night and leave to Masani amma temple 15 kms from Pollachin the next morning.

Took a route suggested by our AppU i.e., Tiruvannamalai-Kalakurichi-Salem-Coimbatore-Pollachi, made use of my Android mob as GPS and it worked perfectly.

Till Salem we through couple of Villages and it was one road without divider and reached Salem by 3 30 pm, and man the roads were like a breeze. We reached Pollachi by 7.

Had dinner out there, the service was good, but unfortunately when we ordered for room service and asked for Chapathi and parota's we were given a Chicken curry[anger] , but they promptly apologized for the same and gave us the veg curry later. Had enough parking space and as it was a weekday it was not difficult to get the room.

Friday,

Planned to leave hotel at around 6 and visit either Top slip or Valparai if time permits before we leave to bangalore as we had to reach by friday night but we were bit late and managed to leave hotel by 7 and reached Masani amma temple at 7 30 which was 15 kms away from hotel. After pooja, we were out by 8 45 and had finished breakfast by 9 30 then we wanted to decide what next either top slip or Valparai. Friends were saying lets go to Top slip which is only 25 kms from the temple but I was tempted towards Valparai and had to convince my buddies about the place which I remember going through a travelloge in TAI sometime ago and loved the pics from them wanted to visit this place. Everyone agreed and we started, again GPS was of great support and took us right. As we were lacking time, we did not want to stay any ways and just drive through, teach the hill top and get back.

Drove for an hour and started with the hair pin bend curves and we noticed 40 hair pin bend curves which was more than Ooty which I had done a month or two months ago in MY TINY.

I just loved driving there. Here and there few water falls, a huge tea estate and man it was different than Munnar or Ooty. Was not crowded at all. We reached Valparai with couple of picture sessions here and there and reached the top at around 11 30 am. Enjoyed the cool weather and relaxed for some time and started back to hotel and reached hotel by 2.

Vacated the hotel by 2 30, by the way forgot to add on the tariff rates it was nominal - 750 per night for 2 people one room - Non AC and 1450 for AC room We had opted for Non AC room.

Did not wanted to have lunch over there as we had a bad experience for dinner the previous day. Just after 200 meters we found hotel Amudha - Veg, belted like anything and started to Bangalore at 4.

While coming took Coimbatore-Salem-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore route. Unlike while coming, the road was super duper...and loved it to the core. No potholes, 4 lane superb highway and cruised MY TINY at 90 - 100 kmph constantly. Stopped at the Salem for a tea and thats all the next stop was at R T nagar 11 pm.

All in all, MY TINY perfomed amazingly and had one wonderful Road trip :-) Here are some pics.

Attachments

Top Bottom