i did a mussorie trip in mid may.
took me 7 hours to reach mussoorie. Bad roads + Traffic and bad pick up of verna on mountains
just make sure you leave early in the morning around 6:00am.
1. shahdra - gaziabad - meerut byepass - muzzafarnagar - and well you'll see directions on road.
2. we didn't stop anywhere. me and my friends just ate chips | biscuits etc. none of us were hungry.
3. don't think about this. there are many small towns in between. you can easily find a mechanic.
4. we were 4 young people and we stayed in one room
the room was big enough. and you won't believe how much we paid. just 1200 rupees per day.
but since season has started rates will be pretty much high. we stayed at hotel shubham. opposite drive inn hotel.
5. just keep to your left and nothing will go wrong
don't overtake on blind turns. if you have even the slightest doubt , don't overtake. same goes for highway.
6. campty fall. don't know any other place. ask the hotel guy.