Planning Delhi-Mussoorie Trip in Tata Nano: Help Needed

Thread Starter #1
Guys,
I am planning a Delhi-Mussoorie trip in between my Tata Nano. I am planning to start on 23 Jun 13 and return by 25/26 Jun 13. Few details are as per below:

Vehicle: Tata Nano
Members: Self, Wife, 8 years old daughter & one & half year old daughter (Total 04).
Please advise me on the following:

1. Best route to be followed.
2. Best en route stops for a break/snacks.
3. Details of petrol pumps & car repair shop in case of break down.
4. Details of cheap/budget hotels in Mussoorie & Dhanaulti.
5. Advice on hill driving as I am new.
6. Must visit places and attractions. Please indicate the driving route & distance. For example, distance from point A to B and B to C etc. My since thanks in advance.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i did a mussorie trip in mid may.
took me 7 hours to reach mussoorie. Bad roads + Traffic and bad pick up of verna on mountains [anger]

just make sure you leave early in the morning around 6:00am.

1. shahdra - gaziabad - meerut byepass - muzzafarnagar - and well you'll see directions on road.
2. we didn't stop anywhere. me and my friends just ate chips | biscuits etc. none of us were hungry.
3. don't think about this. there are many small towns in between. you can easily find a mechanic.
4. we were 4 young people and we stayed in one room [lol] the room was big enough. and you won't believe how much we paid. just 1200 rupees per day.

but since season has started rates will be pretty much high. we stayed at hotel shubham. opposite drive inn hotel.

5. just keep to your left and nothing will go wrong [:)]
don't overtake on blind turns. if you have even the slightest doubt , don't overtake. same goes for highway.

6. campty fall. don't know any other place. ask the hotel guy.

Last edited:
Guys,
I am planning a Delhi-Mussoorie trip in between my Tata Nano. I am planning to start on 23 Jun 13 and return by 25/26 Jun 13. Few details are as per below:

Members: Self, Wife, 8 years old daughter & one & half year old daughter (Total 04).

6. Must visit places and attractions. Please indicate the driving route & distance. For example, distance from point A to B and B to C etc. My since thanks in advance.
1 take the route mentioned by allhyundaicars
2 Mcdonalds/haldiram near khatauli,cheetal grand,many places in dehra
3 u will find a lot of them in meerut & dehra , avoid petrol fillup on highways try to fill up in delhi and then in ddn
5 keep to the left always , remember the person going uphill has the right of way always
6 lake enroute mussoorie, landour 20 min drive from in massourie ( please make it a point to go here you will love it )

I saw that u will be doing the trip in a nano. I feel that due to less power it will be a little troublesome in steep hills .Do keep this in mind

Thread Starter #4
Thanks very much allyundaicars & petroholic for the tips. However, I am now giving a second thought due to the early arrival of monsoon. Will it still be safe or should I choose some other place ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You should not go anywhere. There is red alert in most places. 2 friends covered 200kms from haridwar to delhi in 14 hours. It's better to stay at home.

Guys,

Plz stay at home as of now. I live in dehra doon and will update you with all the details you want once you plan to move later.

Check if you have enough Petrol Pumps on the was as the Nano has fuel capacity of 12L only and a range of 150 to 200kms. If required carry extra fuel in a 10L can.
Automotiveins from the area can give you more info.

Yes, its better safe than sorry. Like others said, you should wait till the monsoon becomes a bit normal.

Check if you have enough Petrol Pumps on the was as the Nano has fuel capacity of 12L only and a range of 150 to 200kms. If required carry extra fuel in a 10L can.
Automotiveins from the area can give you more info.
Slight correction buddy - the fuel capacity of the Nano is 15L. On an average, if one is to get a mileage of 20, the car can go up-to 300 km on a full tank.

OT: I've done 300 km in approximately 12 liters couple of months ago on my trip to Pune.

Thread Starter #10
As of now, the trip stands cancelled due to heavy rains as brought out by you all. Thanks to all my friends for pouring in valuable suggestions. I will get back as and when a new date or destination is fixed.

As of now, the trip stands cancelled due to heavy rains as brought out by you all. Thanks to all my friends for pouring in valuable suggestions. I will get back as and when a new date or destination is fixed.
It's really good that you have cancelled the trip, there is flood every where and people with their kids are struggling to get even water. even though Army and other officials are trying their best but still the situation is out of hand.

BTW what is the situation in Delhi at present Mukesh
It rained for only two days (last weekend) and no rains after that but the weather is pleasent. The people living near yamuna are being evacuated as the water level has been increased and that not because of rains but haryana released water from one of the dams.

Top Bottom