Need Travel Advice: Bangalore To Karaikudi

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to take a trip in car (Figo Diesel) from Bangalore to Karaikudi on the coming weekend. I have driven long distance few times before but this is the first time I am going out of state. The distance to travel is around 500kms so I am planning to start early morning (5AM) so that I can avoid long distance buses and truck traffic.

Planning to take this route Driving directions to Karaikudi Bus Stop, Karaikudi Road, Kandramanickam, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps

The route I am taking is Bangalore -> Hosur -> Krishnagri -> Salem -> Karur -> Dindigul -> Karaikudi

Please let me know the road condition of the above route. I am driving Figo Diesel 3 months old. Have driven 4400kms so far.

How about the route Karur -> Trichy -> Karaikudi? This is a long route than through Dindigul but looks like it is National Highway. I dont mind traveling few kms extra for a better 4 lane road. But am worried Trichy might be crowded with traffic as I will reach trichy by 12pm I guess.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kiru

Re: Need Travel advise Bangalore to Karaikudi

Hello,

I am planning to take a trip in car (Figo Diesel) from Bangalore to Karaikudi on the coming weekend. I have driven long distance few times before but this is the first time I am going out of state. The distance to travel is around 500kms so I am planning to start early morning (5AM) so that I can avoid long distance buses and truck traffic.

Planning to take this route Driving directions to Karaikudi Bus Stop, Karaikudi Road, Kandramanickam, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps

The route I am taking is Bangalore -> Hosur -> Krishnagri -> Salem -> Karur -> Dindigul -> Karaikudi

Please let me know the road condition of the above route. I am driving Figo Diesel 3 months old. Have driven 4400kms so far.

How about the route Karur -> Trichy -> Karaikudi? This is a long route than through Dindigul but looks like it is National Highway. I dont mind traveling few kms extra for a better 4 lane road. But am worried Trichy might be crowded with traffic as I will reach trichy by 12pm I guess.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kiru
The road up to Dindigul is just awesome except a few diversions between Hosur and Krishnagiri due to six lane conversion, but really doesn't matter much. Last month I was driving to Kanyakumari on this stretch. I guess the road between Dindigul and Karaikudi is also good, but make sure.

Road condition till Salem/Dindigul is excellent. I traveled in April, so can advise so. Beyond that other members can advise.

I travelled thrice this month between Bangalore to Madurai. Roads are excellent, you need not to worry about anything other than very few diversions. You can reach Salem approximately in 3.5 hrs. From there the roads are literally straight and traffic is less. You can reach Dindigul in no time ;). I'm not sure about Karaikudi route from there. The toll booths have decent restrooms for emergencies. But the highways have good numbers of restaurant enroute, so you don't need to worry of anything if you travel with family. But there are very limited options of restaurant between Salem and Dindigul.

All the very best for your journey.

Top Bottom