Bangalore To Hyderabad Road Conditions

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After a long break, planned to make a trip to Hyderabad with wife coming Sunday morning and will return on Tuesday Night.

Any suggestions, present road conditions, safety precautions for the trip will be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: BANGALORE to HYDERABAD

Bangalore to Hyd drive is always a breeze. Excellent four lane roads all the way. Pay ~600 rupees toll and drive. Shouldn't take more than 7 hours with couple of breaks.

Hi!!!

I just came back after a 16 days drive of which the TL follows. I reached Bangalore on 11th Feb morning from Hyd, the toll was Rs 443/-, road condition is excellent with four lane all the way (except for few speed breakers).

Have a nice and safe journey

@Sooz

Welcome to Hyderabad[clap], I will tell you about the road conditions, if you promise to meet me[lol]

It is one of the superb 4 lane road and its really good to drive on that road without any problems. I wish you enjoy and have a safe journey

Look forward to meet you, if you and I get some time and we can also inform other Hyderabad friends if you can take out some time one of the evening[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Bangalore to Hyd drive is always a breeze. Excellent four lane roads all the way. Pay ~600 rupees toll and drive. Shouldn't take more than 7 hours with couple of breaks.
Thanks Hari for the response.
Hi!!!

I just came back after a 16 days drive of which the TL follows. I reached Bangalore on 11th Feb morning from Hyd, the toll was Rs 443/-, road condition is excellent with four lane all the way (except for few speed breakers).

Have a nice and safe journey
Thanks Ram for your response too.

@Sooz

Welcome to Hyderabad[clap], I will tell you about the road conditions, if you promise to meet me[lol]

It is one of the superb 4 lane road and its really good to drive on that road without any problems. I wish you enjoy and have a safe journey

Look forward to meet you, if you and I get some time and we can also inform other Hyderabad friends if you can take out some time one of the evening[:)]
@Gurrala, I am pretty much occupied for these 2 days, but if I will get some time, I will surely let you know in advance. Thanks for your inputs.

Hi Guys,

After a long break, planned to make a trip to Hyderabad with wife coming Sunday morning and will return on Tuesday Night.

Any suggestions, present road conditions, safety precautions for the trip will be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.
Dude you get everything these days in Highways.

For precautions get your car serviced, Check up the oil levels, Check for all bulbs, Check for your tools and always carry a spare fuse. Most importantly get your tire pressure checked (even for spare wheel) before you leave..

Have a Happy and Safe drive!!

Cheers,
- Ash...

Thread Starter #8
HI TAIans,

I have completed the trip to Hyderabad last month. Sorry my HYD TAI mates, I could not meet you guys because of hectic schedule.

Trip Makers-- Me and Wife
Start Date-- 17-02-2013
Start Time-- 4:30 AM & Reach Time-- 12:30 PM
Return Date-- 19-02-2013
Start Time-- 4:00 PM & Reach Time-- 11:00 PM
Total Trip Covered-- 1226.8 KMs
AvG. Mileage-- 19.6 KMPL (80 % A/C ON)

As usual I have checked all the basic needs previous night like food, Veh. Papers, Tourch, puncture kit, Imp. Contact numbers including Fiat 24*7 road assistance
numbers, etc.

Nextday started at 4:30 AM as planned. Great to drive through Bangalore roads without traffic at that time. I flied to Devanahali in less than 30 minutes and crossed
airport in no time. After that just stoppped for 2 minutes to clean front glass of my Punto and mirrors. After Devanahali, it's a straight road to hyderabad.
Signboards are well visible even in night too and well directed. There are few toll gates which is in between BANGALORE to HYD you will see. The rates will increase
from 50 odd rupees to 100 odd rupees as you approach towards HYD. It's better to have change about 1000 rupees (max.) for tollgates in oneway. Petrol bunks will appear
in almost in a gap of 50 KMs stretch. Always better to have your tank filled upto neck. Roads are quite decent and many restaurents and small stalls are available on
road sides but be careful while you come down from NH, as most vehicles are driving almost over 100KMPH and they are unable to control their speed according to your
movement. I marked this issue quite often. While going i touched maximum speed of 120KMPH as was unaware of the condition. Hence it took around 8 hrs to reach HYD NORR
from Bangalore Murgeshpalya with 1 hr break for BF and small halts. All the way from Bangalore to HYD is four(2|2) lane so no need to worry about traffic. Driving
through NORR was delightful as it is a 12(6|6) lane roads. I had to stay in Gachibowli which is the straight road from NORR and took hardly 15 minutes to reach though
NORR.

The return journey was even better. I started around 4 PM hence wanted to reach Bangalore before 0:00 hrs. This time I knew the road conditions and was driving at
130-140 KMPH. My punto was as ususal very steady as ever. While returning I was maintaining very decent speed but suddenly one Swift and Scorpio with KA registration
passed me as if I was driving with 40 KMPH. My wife just saw me and laughed. I realized that in these roads there will be no harm if i could touch 150 KMPH that to
having a vehicle like Punto which is so stable even at that speed. I tested her while went to Kodaikanal. Then I just drove about 400 KMs with a speed of AVG. 130
KMPH. That's the reason I crossed that Scorpio but could not the Swift which was i think had more emergency by the way it was going. While travelling from Bangalore
there was not much speed breakers on the way, however while returning from HYD you have to be careful about these speed breakers. There are I think 10 big speed
breakers which are very capable of hurting your car. I reached Devanahali at 10 PM but the great traffic issues of Bangalore made me late by 1 hr.

It was a incredible road trip especially after a long time. I enjoyed every bit of it and loved my punto even more after the trip.

Now, let the pics talk rest of it

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8198.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

Last edited:
Hey that was wonderful crisp travelogue buddy !! I am glad that you enjoyed the trip, but I won't forgive you for not meeting me in Hyderabad and that too, was just 5 minutes away from the place where you stayed[anger]

So a big fine when I come to Bangalore this time[lol]

Thread Starter #10
Hey that was wonderful crisp travelogue buddy !! I am glad that you enjoyed the trip, but I won't forgive you for not meeting me in Hyderabad and that too, was just 5 minutes away from the place where you stayed[anger]

So a big fine when I come to Bangalore this time[lol]
Haha, Sure mate I have to accept the fine then. Let me know when you will come to Bangalore.

Just digging the old thread for my requirement.
Is Hyderabad weather is fine now for visiting (tourist purpose) ?
How long dose it take from Hyderabad city outskirt to reach Begumpet.

@Amit

Hyderabad weather is good now with few rains around, may be very good for tourism as you will get disturbed with rains.

I am not clear about your next question, from which place to which place you are asking the distance

@Amit

Hyderabad weather is good now with few rains around, may be very good for tourism as you will get disturbed with rains.

I am not clear about your next question, from which place to which place you are asking the distance
My 2 question intention is :I will be traveling from Bangalore , after reaching hyderabad (where city limit start) how long dose it take to reach begumpet.

Based on my research I have sort listed following places to visit.
Charminar
Falaknuma Palace:
Golconda Fort:
Salarjung Museum
Hussain Sagar Lake
NECKLACE ROAD
OSMANIA UNIVERSITY
Moti bazar
Ramoji Film City( not in the card but if time permit I will visit)

Am I missing something here which need to be visit.
My stay will be Friday (after 4PM) ,Saturday,sunday(full day).Is the time enough for vising the City.

@Amit,

The outskirts of Hyderabad on Bangalore highway is Shamshabad area. From there take the PV Narsimha Rao flyover and reach Masab tank. From masab tank via khairtabad, raj bhavan road, somajiguda, greenlands reach begumpet. All this travel can take 30 to 45 minutes depends on time as mornings and evenings are little traffic filled.

The places to visit : you list comprises everything. In this list Golkonda fort will take half day.
Salarjung museum will take full day if you spend time in each section of the museum, if not it is also a half a day visit. Ramoji film city is worth to be seen, but for that you need to start early in the morning and you can probably finish in half day. Also add hitech city(IT city) in your list where you can see the IT area plus shilparamam(a craft village)

Plan out the things based on above information. In case you need any further assistance please PM me your number[:)]

@Gurrala74

PMed my number to you.
I am very much interested to taste the Hyderabadi Cuisine. For that I have sort listed Pista House , Hyline and Paradise (secunderabad).
Can you help me out on this as well like where I can have good taste of hyderabadi cuisine.

Sorry to bugging much.

Top Bottom