Puri or Bodhgaya? Where To Go with 7 Month Old Baby?

Thread Starter #1
Guys we are planing to go some where for short trip with our 7 month old baby in mid of February but we are in a dilemma where to go except Digha and nearby.So ultimately decided to visit puri or Bodhgaya.Now pls suggest me where to go in between these to places taking baby into consideration.Thanks in advance..[confused]

Re: Where to go with 7 month old baby?Puri or Bodhgaya

Buddy, i have been to both the places. Basically, if you want to experience the peace of mind, then it has to be Bodh Gaya for you. The place is nice, clean and really very peaceful. You could couple up Nalanda and Rajgir with this trip. Further you can go through the following recent travelogues of Bodhgaya & Rajgir for your reference.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/10864-jap-meets-thai-trip-bodh-gaya-rajgir.html
&​
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/11322-6-days-2-states-6-cities.html

Thread Starter #3
Re: Where to go with 7 month old baby?Puri or Bodhgaya

Buddy, i have been to both the places. Basically, if you want to experience the peace of mind, then it has to be Bodh Gaya for you. The place is nice, clean and really very peaceful. You could couple up Nalanda and Rajgir with this trip. Further you can go through the following recent travelogues of Bodhgaya & Rajgir for your reference.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/10864-jap-meets-thai-trip-bodh-gaya-rajgir.html
&​
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/11322-6-days-2-states-6-cities.html
Thanks akash,i also have been to both the places but all alone 4-5 year back but now the situation has been changed and me and my wife only concerned about our baby bcoz this going to be her first tour.

I will vote for Puri . You will get oppertunity to visit Lord Jagannath, Puri Sea beach, Konark temple, Chandrabhaga sea beach. (I am from orissa [:)]).

I do not need to explain about these place. I think you are all aware or else you can Google it for more information.
You can enjoy the typical Oriya cuisine also.

More over your drive will be butter smooth with NH5 road.

Thread Starter #5
First trip to puri with my 9month old baby.

Guys i am now sitting in balcony of hotel victoria club and thinking about the whole ongoing trip of puri which started last night sharp at 12 midnight from our south kolkata flat.on board members are me,wife, baby,mother and father in law and last but not the least my white beauty ford fiesta.traveled 535 km (with 1stop for 10min) in 9hr

That's great. So now tell us how was your drive on NH5 till bhubaneswar. How is Puri wheather right now. I think there will be a lot heat now.

Thread Starter #7
That's great. So now tell us how was your drive on NH5 till bhubaneswar. How is Puri wheather right now. I think there will be a lot heat now.
@Amit NH5 is absolutely pleasure to drive but the roads between Bhubaneswar to puri and after NH5 ends road is simply pain to drive with full of Diversion and speed brakers[frustration]

@mods.Kindly move this thread to main travelogue area.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
As mentioned in my previous post from puri we have started our journey on 2nd Midnight sharp at 12AM. and within 1.15am we crossed kolaghat bridge,now kolaghat bridge is 4 lane and butter smooth without any jam.We did not stop any where in between kolkata to jaleswar.Found very less traffic Jame in jaleswar boarder and crossed it around 3.15am.Roads between jalweser and balasore is absolutely pathetic due to hell number diversion(City of Diversion[lol]).Balasore to bhubaneswar NH5 is simply superb.Reached puri in at 8.30am and its almost non stop run of 535 km from our south kolkata resi. In puri stayed at Victoria Club hotel in marine drive just bang opposite of sea.Got mileage of 17+ with 80% ac on but my white beauty looks very bad due to heavy rain and full of dart that we got on the way.My baby supported very well during this whole trip.Next day visited Jagannath Temple,Chilka lake,Nandankanan.Due to solo driver have very less number photo and will upload soon.

@mods.Kindly move this thread to main travelogue area.

I'm not going to suggest places but give you a piece of advice,

1. Please use car seats to carry your baby
2. Don't keep your baby in front seating on your wife's lap.
3. Carry lots of water and make sure either you carry milk or know the place to get hygenic milk for your baby.

Safe and Happy journey.

Thread Starter #10
I'm not going to suggest places but give you a piece of advice,

1. Please use car seats to carry your baby
2. Don't keep your baby in front seating on your wife's lap.
3. Carry lots of water and make sure either you carry milk or know the place to get hygenic milk for your baby.

Safe and Happy journey.
Thanks rekharam,i have already visited puri on 3rd april

Thread Starter #12
Why dont you start a separate thread in the Travellogue section on this. No need to move this thread thr.

Post some nice pic
@Chandranath,i have started the new thread in Travelogue area but the same merged with this thread.Don't have too many pics as i am the solo driver and in chilka forgot carry camera:stupid:.are you there today in BPCL fuel station near Deshopriyo Park with your Xylo?

Top Bottom