Route Suggestion Needed: Delhi To Shirdi

Thread Starter #1
Finally after begging, working and quarreling the trip is finalized.:biggrin:
Now after the trip was finalized, started next set of quarrels that why I won't go by air or train but will take car??[frustration]
At the end, son won..as usual and father bowed(again as usual)[:D]

Here is the plan:
  • Date: Don't know but after mid Feb for sure. Will start adjusting appointments,works and whole routine to get a week of free time.
  • Car to be used: Will be decided a day or two before the trip.
  • Number of people: 4 or maybe 5(I, father, chauffy, friend and maybe an uncle too)
  • Route preference: Highways, I'll be happy if I get both NE-1 and Mum-Pune to drive on.
  • Driving time: Don't know but suggestions by locals will be preferred.
My plan:
  • Meerut-Shirdi in first 2 days with quick drive and good coverage.
  • 3rd day rest and visit of Sai Baba temple.
  • 4th day visit to Khdakwasla(NDA) and Pune.
  • 5th day will reach Mumbai and visit some places.
  • 6th day will travel till Ahmedabad and stay there for one day.
  • 7th and 8th day will be slow and lazy drive back to Meerut.

Have been on the route already once and is thinking what are worth visiting places??

Congrats TSIVipul, so you get parents again on your side. My best wishes are with you for this trip. I suggest you to use Rajasthan-Gujrat circuit maximum for this trip. You should cover maximum distance in day time for being on safer side. Roads were in fantastic conditions and selected month is also good to travel on this part of the country.

With a night break en-route you can travel up to Shirdi from Meerut and vice versa. I suggest you to break your journey in Ahmedabad on very first day with 3AM start from your place Idea is to cover maximum distance of 1000+KM on day-1 itself since you all were fresh and this can be doable considering the fantastic roads (Jaipur-Kishangarh-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Ahemdabad). On next day you can travel upto Shirdi via Nashik.

On return journey you can to cover Mumbai-Meerut with a night break at Udaipur which is around 700+ drive from Mumbai. Above advices are based on my personal drive on this circuit hope they are useful for you. You can also do some R&D on your end for other better alternates.

350Z

Core Team
The tips suggested in this thread will be of some help to me as well as I have been planning for the same road trip from a while now. Good luck Vipul. Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Will be waiting for this Tlog from Vipul, after a long time.

Still i remember the greenery you had posted earlier in one of the thread.[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys, will surely post a good T'log as soon as I do the trip.
Right now I am planning various extensions to the trip like Lavasa etc.
Can any local guys provide me with the following info:
-What are other worth visiting places?
-Is it possible to reach Goa from Shirdi in 6-7 hours time? If yes, then I am planning to extend the trip by three days and add Goa too.

Thanks a lot guys, will surely post a good T'log as soon as I do the trip.
Right now I am planning various extensions to the trip like Lavasa etc.
Can any local guys provide me with the following info:
-Is it possible to reach Goa from Shirdi in 6-7 hours time? If yes, then I am planning to extend the trip by three days and add Goa too.
Hi Vipul.
Local guys drivetech4, Iron rock, Surfer can help you in this regard for route conditions i think.

However go through this link of AmitPahuja's Shirdi to Goa tlog here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ogue-bangalore-pune-shirdi-goa-bangalore.html

You can add following :

1) Trimbakeshwar (It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas) 30KM from Nashik

2) Bhimashankar (It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas) 183KM from Shirdi

3) Shani Shingnapur (Known for its popular temple of Shani Devta) 75Km from Shirdi

4) Mahabaleshwar (It is a hill station with one of the few evergreen forests of the world) 305KM from Shirdi and 120 KM from Pune

5) Lonavala (It is a hill station and famous throughout India for chikki) 209KM from Shirdi which will be in your way to Mumbai from Shirdi.

Both Mahabaleshwar and Lonavala are best place to visit in Monsoon but you can still enjoy them in Feb, Goa is also a good choice and my vote goes for it.

There is one more place near Nashik, that is Bhandardara , it is alos good hill station. I have been there 2-3 times. It is only 40-50 KM away from Nashik.

When in Nashik you can also visit Sula Wine Yards famous for Wine. [;)].
If you go to Lonvala, Lavasa is also near by.

Once in Mumbai, we can meet as well.

Top Bottom