mates was busy these last few weeks. preparation for the trip going in full swing.got my bolero serviced from ITL motors kannur. the suspension bush was broken and it was replaced. no other major work needed other than topping up of fluids. for replacing the tyres i had zeroed in on -
1) MRF wanderer 215/75/R15 tubeless - but unavailalble at kannur and calicut - cost Rs 5200/ tyre
2) Bridgestone Dueler - 215/75/R15 cost Rs 6650/
not yet fitted. intend get it fitted by tomorrow and get the wheel alignment done.
other modification to be done - fit a roof carrier - hope to get it done tomorrow
another modification that i have done is removed the jump seats at the back and fitted a parcel tray and made a boot. cost Rs 1450 for the metal bracket. the wooden tray was done free of cost by my friend Hyder Ali - a wood furniture manufacturer.
also see the modification done on me - my nose problem was corrected by a surgery ( photo clicked by wifey in the post operative ICU
some of the other articles gathered/ bought
1) nylon rope 15 metres.
2) nylon tow belt - borrowed for my last trip not yet returned
3)Two 20 litre cans one for drinking water & other for spare diesel- took from the Nephrology department of our hospital ( fluid for dialysis come in them )
4)tool kit including jumper cables - borrowed
5) electric air compressor for filliing air in tyres - borrowed
6)belkin car inverter bought for Rs 1400/
7) hydraulic jack bought for Rs Rs 850 + rs 125 for shipping.
8)pulse oxi meter - measures the oxygen level in the blood ( would be useful in case of AMS.