The Leh Trip from Kerala

Thread Starter #1
mates, the itch for a long trip has started and its getting severe day by day. why not Leh this time.hope india & pakis don't go to war this time. will be praying to god to avert such an eventuality. planning to go to ladakh this june when the roads there gets opened. planning to start on the first of june and have a three week vacation. this time will take my bolero storm. planning to have a 2 stage drive first from kannur to amritsar. mates which route to take?
1) payangadi - pune - mumbai - jaipur - amritsar
2) payangadi - pune - indore- gwalior- delhi- amritsar
3) payangadi- pune - indore- kota - jaipur- amritsar.
the priority is good, safe, fast roads as there will be no time for sightseing enroute till srinagar except for a day at amritsar for the golden temple , jalianwalla bag & wagah border.

Hai smoothrider
Great plan !!!!!!!!!!!
Even i too have a itch to go there but it needs a proper plan and suitable time.
How are you going? With friends or family
How many cars accompanying ?
Regarding routes i'm unaware.
But HV Kumar sir and Mr Avindu too can help you.

I am not sure about the route 2 and 3, but route 1 is surely have geat roads atleast in Gujarat and some part of Rajasthan. After Jaipur I am not sure about the roads.

Rajasthan also have good roads. From Mumbai to Mount Abu, I covered 750KMs in a single day.

I guess you should go via Rajasthan taking NH 8 now NH48.

And the roads from Jaipur to Delhi is good as well but have a lot of Trucks on this route.

So that clears much of the dust.

payangadi - pune : Dont know the road conditions

pune - mumbai : Express highway

mumbai - jaipur : Again really good roads in Gujarat (NH8) and Rajasthan

jaipur - amritsar : As Singh890 mentioned roads are good.

Fantastic trip plan. I am excited for you.

I had read your trip to Rajasthan in your Vento (am sure you were the one who uploaded it). Eagerly waiting for your this trip write up.

Is the Bolero Storm a new acquisition for you. Its a great vehicle and at 97 bhp it is more powerful than the others from the Bolero stable. It was a car close to my heart and was hell bent on buying it before I let my head rule over ny heart and got the Xylo.

AMG

Suspended
All three routes are wrong.

In order to go to Leh, you dont have to come to Amritsar.(Source: I live here)

I'll get you a better route.

Great :)

Put your detail plan here. We (friends) also planning Leh-Ladakh trip in coming July-August.

@AMG - Route 1 (after Amritsar) is Patahnkot-Srinagar-Kargil route.

Last edited:
Smooth-Rider:

I'm exited to hear about your Leh trip. are you going with family?

Even I'm planing to visit Leh, but don't know when it will happen.

All the best for your trip & have a safe journey.

waiting for your Travelogue from now onwards:stupid:

Thread Starter #10
appu isn't it a bit too early to wish me for the journey.its only on the drawing board. lots of issues to be sorted out. first of all the vitamin m has to be got.then the logistics then a lot of luck as the roads have to open up by june. any way hoping that all will fall into place by that time.
AMG the alternate routes please.
chandra - yes the bolero storm is my new aquisition
chandravel - as of now me & my family and two close pals will be going in my bolero. no other car coming along.

Last edited:
Smoothrider, i am away from the forum due to work, however this heavenly word Leh tempted me to read about your plans. Although you have enough time to plan and start the trip, however this planning phase too has a different kind of emotion attached to it.

Please accept my best wishes for the planning and the drive part. Hopefully i will be seeing a lot of development in this thread, the next time i check in here.

@ smooth ride,

The best route, looks like, the first one. The golden quadrilateral. BUT do check with google maps. It shows the shortest, fastest and mostly the best route.

Thread Starter #13
mates the planning of the route is slowly taking shape. i want to know if the roads in punjab are safe to drive at night. i had driven all night long along rajasthani roads without any bad experiences. the route to amritsar can be via udaipur pali, jodhpur, bikaner , abohar. or can be from ajmer, sardarshahar amritsar, about 700 kms. is it possible to do this sector at night?

Last edited:
Wow!!!
Finally I see some real thread.
I always wanted to take this up.
Why not check with all the TAI members if they are interested in forming a convey of vehicles and drive together to the roof top of the world?? :stupid:
Count me in for it.

HVK sir is the best person to guide us through this. [thumbswink]

Wow!!!

Why not check with all the TAI members if they are interested in forming a convey of vehicles and drive together to the roof top of the world?? :stupid:
I think soo many souls waiting for the right time to plan the trip.

We first let the Smoothrider to complete his trip. once he completed, we will get more information from him & we will plan accordingly.

I ready to do Leh trip with TAI members[:D] & sure more members will join from south.

I've a doubt, is hatchbacks are enough to do Leh trip?

Top Bottom