Best Route from Hyderabad To Goa?

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am planning a trip from HYD to GOA(Panjim) on Jan 11th - 14th. Need your help in tracing the best route with good road conditions even if the distance is a little long.

I would like to avoid the ghat sections especially the Amboli ghat. Any inputs guys?

Your suggestions can be very helpful.

Mods: This is my first thread on TAI. Excuse me if this thread is a duplicate. I made a thorough search with possible keywords and hence had to start this thread.

Hari

You can opt for the following routes

1. Hyderabad-Sholapur-Kolhapur-Sawantwadi-Goa(This is normal regular route for all travels)
2. Hyderabad-Raichur-Belgaum-Londa-Goa I really do not know how is the road condition in this route

The route number 1 is the best one

Thread Starter #3
Thank you [thumbsup]

I did the Route-1 in 2010 and didn't like MH police behavior but road conditions are very much acceptable. Yet to explore Route-2. The reason I am worried about road conditions is because of horrible roads I had to drive in 2011 trip. We planned via Belgaum but missed left turn at a junction and drove straight into country roads of KA. We travelled 100KMs for the entire night :eek:

Thank you [thumbsup]

I did the Route-1 in 2010 and didn't like MH police behavior but road conditions are very much acceptable. Yet to explore Route-2. The reason I am worried about road conditions is because of horrible roads I had to drive in 2011 trip. We planned via Belgaum but missed left turn at a junction and drove straight into country roads of KA. We travelled 100KMs for the entire night :eek:
Whatever it is best route is via sholapur,kolhapur from Hyderabad.

there is a route via raichur,hubli, but I do not know the road condition between Hubli and Belgaum, you can go vai Hubli to Karwar route, but these routes may be longer than the 1st one.[:)]

I would suggest you take following route:
Hyd -> Gulbarga -> Sindgi->Bijapur -> Athani->Kagwad->Chikodi->Sankeshwar->Gavase->sawantwadi-> Panaji.

The road condition from Bijapur till Sankeshwar is good compared to one from Bijapur to Nippani via Jamkhandi (2nd option given by Google map)

Thread Starter #6
Hi guys,

Done my trip from hyd to goa last week. Thought this would be helpful information to you. Discovered an EXCELLENT route from Hyd to Goa and don't think any other route can beat this.

Should be:

Hyd > Humnabad> Take left turn to Gulbarga > Gulbarga > take the ring road > Bijapur > Bagalkot/Lokapur > Belgaum > Sanquelim (The chorla route) > Panjim (or any other place in goa). Candolim is recommended!

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh to Panjim, Goa - Google Maps

If in doubt always inquire with people and take highways in Karnataka. You will easily get lost in Karnataka and drive into villages where roads are chaotic.

+ves of this route: Excellent roads all the way. No potholes or broken patches. Belgaum to Sanquelim(goa) via Chorla route: No Cops or check-posts for looting you with Haftas. We took the same route while returning and were happy overall. Distance would be 740KMs approx depending on start and end point.

@Hari

Nice to note this new route from you.

My first trip to Goa was Via Sholapur-Bijapur-Belguam. The Bijapur-Belguam stretch was single road and very pathetic. So which route you took from Bijapur to Belgaum.

From Belgaum to Goa I know only route which is normal bus route via Londa and Ponda, which is that other route you are talking about

@RK
Bijapur Belgaum route has become good if you follow below route: Bijapur -> Athani->Kagwad->Chikodi->Sankeshwar --> Belgaum. Sankeshwar --> Belgaum is 4 lane NH4

Thread Starter #10
Ok, it might be yes, as my trip was during 2001[:)]
whoa! You are talking about 2001? Lot has changed thereafter. Now there is an excellent 2-lane Highway from Bijapur to Belgaum. Make sure to ask locals before you move forward. You may always end up in villages if you take the wrong path.

Regarding the Belgaum-Goa route, even I didn't knew which way I headed. But luckily we found this 'Chorla route' which leads you to Goa(Mapusa) via placed called 'Sanquelim'

Use your Android phone if you have one. But do not forget the place 'Sanquelim'

Hmm, might be it was long back I agree with you.

During my second trip we took the route Hyderabad-Sholapur-sangoli-Kolhapur-Niboli ghats-Sawant wadi-Mapusa.

In return of my first trip, we took some very bad route but it was a shortcut from Honda-bicholim-Belaguam-Bijapur-Hyderabad

One time in Bus, I took a bus from Panaji to Hubli, Hubli-Bagalkot-Humnabad-Hyderabad

I will try the route you have mentioned for my next trip

Thread Starter #13
May I ask what had happened?? Just curious [evil]
Well they are rude and are kind of extortionists who loot hafta from you rather. This is all without any booze in the car. Cannot imagine their hunger with booze in your boot. After they levy heavy permit charge for T-walas.

Regarding the Belgaum-Goa route, even I didn't knew which way I headed. But luckily we found this 'Chorla route' which leads you to Goa(Mapusa) via placed called 'Sanquelim'

Use your Android phone if you have one. But do not forget the place 'Sanquelim'
Yes, Belgaum - Angol - Chorla - Sanquelim - Thivim - Colvale - Mapusa route is good but one has to be careful as it is quite narrow at times. Very scenic though, just did a trip 2 weeks back, greenery even in this summer time!

Hemant

Top Bottom