Best Tourist Spot in India in January? (Rajasthan I'm Coming!)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, I ordered few travel and tourist guide. I hope this book will serve me for my future travel trip. Will review this book after getting it.

View attachment 75029

And I am planning a trip around in 1st week of January with my friends. But unable to shortlist the place. Any recommendation?
I like Rajasthan(Jaipur, Jodhpur or any other place?) , Darjeeling, Kerala, Varanasi or Haridwar. Which will be best for the month January? I am located in Kolkata.

Cheers
[evil]

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #3
Re: Best Tourist Spot in India in January?

It seems the attachment has expired. Rajasthan is an ideal place to visit in Jan. Refer to the following interesting travelogue, it has some useful insights: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/5502-road-trip-rajasthan-kerala.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Here's the attachment
Book order HS18.JPG
Will provide the photo of the book once I get it
Thanks for the link and we are planning to visit jaipur, Jodhpur,Barmer, and Jaisalmer. We will travel by train from Kolkata as we want to enjoy the scenic beauty. [clap]

Popular tourist attractions
Ghats at Pushkar lake, Rajasthan.

Ahore - Located 110 km away from Jodhpur.A small town famous for Holi Festival,goddess temple and Haveli by Jagirdar family of Ahore.Presently running as a hotel "Havelli Heritage".
Ajmer - Popular for shrine of sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
Barmer - Barmer and surrounding areas offer perfect picture of typical Rajasthani villages.
Bikaner - Famous for its havelis, palaces and temples.
Bundi - Popular for its forts, palaces and stepwell reservoirs known as baoris.
Jaipur- Known as pink city of India and the capital of Rajasthan, famous for palaces and temples.
Jaisalmer - Famous for its golden fortress, havelis and some of the oldest Jain Temples and libraries.
Jodhpur - Fortress-city at the edge of the Thar Desert, famous for its blue homes and architecture.
Mount Abu - Popular hill station, famous for 11th century Dilwara Jain Temples and natural beauty. Highest peak in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan, Guru Shikhar is just 15 km from the main town.
Nathdwara - This town near Udaipur hosts the famous temple of Shrinathji.
Pushkar - It has the first and one of the very few Brahma temples in the world.
Ranakpur- Large Jain Temple complex with near 1444 pillars and exquisite marble carvings.
Ranthambore - Situated near Sawai Madhopur, this town has one of the largest and most famous national parks in India.
Shekhawati - Located are small towns such as Mandawa and Ramgarh with frescoed havelis between 100 years to 300 years old, and Vedic period Dhosi Hill.
Udaipur - Known as the "Venice of India".

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

I suggest for a homestay in yercaud.
Thanks for your suggestion, will visit South India during summer holidays :)

Here's my anticipated Map of my trip [clap]

2.jpg

can anyone suggest me a hotel and more information regarding traveling within Rajasthan

Thread Starter #6

@MOD- Change the thread title to " Rajasthan I am coming :D"

AMG

Suspended

Rajasthan??? Seriously???

Dec-Jan is the time to head to Goa.

No two ways about it.

Top Bottom