Need Input on Chickamagalur To Kemmangundi Road Condition

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to visit Chickamagalur and surronding areas, planning to take my Brio, hence need suggestion on road conditions in Chickamagalur district, specifically how is the road condition from Chickamagalur to Kemmangundi. How long it can take to reach Kemmangundi from Chickamagalur.

Distance wise its @ 50 kms btw Chikmagalur to Kemmangundi. Hence on a prudent basis, you can factor @ 1.5 - 2 hours drive. These are 2 lane roads but conditions are not all that bad. Now being a non-monsoon time, it should not be a problem.

Btw, am visiting Kemmangundi this weekend [;)] When are you visiting?

I am planning to visit Chickamagalur and surronding areas, planning to take my Brio, hence need suggestion on road conditions in Chickamagalur district, specifically how is the road condition from Chickamagalur to Kemmangundi. How long it can take to reach Kemmangundi from Chickamagalur.
Not the answer to your question, if visiting Checkmagalur make sure to visit Belur and Halibeed temples. They are spectacular!

Thread Starter #4
Distance wise its @ 50 kms btw Chikmagalur to Kemmangundi. Hence on a prudent basis, you can factor @ 1.5 - 2 hours drive. These are 2 lane roads but conditions are not all that bad. Now being a non-monsoon time, it should not be a problem.

Btw, am visiting Kemmangundi this weekend [;)] When are you visiting?
I am also planning to visit this weekend or if not posssible then a week after that

Thread Starter #5
Not the answer to your question, if visiting Checkmagalur make sure to visit Belur and Halibeed temples. They are spectacular!
Thanks for suggestion Indian, these two places are already in plan. BTW do you think is it worth visiting Yagachi Dam ? is water sport facility at backwater good ?

Thanks for suggestion Indian, these two places are already in plan. BTW do you think is it worth visiting Yagachi Dam ? is water sport facility at backwater good ?
Yagachi Dam, not sure, have seen it while passing by. Don't know if they allow you to go inside as most of the Dams are a prohibited area. Bababuddan Giri is another POI. If you have energy try a trip to Chithradurga, the fort is excellent! Its about 160 Km from chickmagalur and you need almost a full day to check up places within the fort.

Top Bottom