Current Condition of Roads in Kerala?

Thread Starter #1
It will be of great use for people who are planning to travel on road within kerala and others to visit kerala and its distinct tourist attractions.

Is there anybody who traveled between Neriamangalam and Munnar in Kerala? It has been a couple of years that that important stretch didn't see any serious road work. How is the road condition at present?

MODs, If there is any similar thread please merge it.

What is the current Palakkad -Trissur Road condition.
The road from Palakkad till Vadakkanchery is just Ok and fully patched up.

From Vadakkanchery to Thrissur is newly laid road now though it's single road (two lane) but traffic is heavy. I just came back to Palakkad on this stretch an hour back.

The road from Palakkad till Vadakkanchery is just Ok and fully patched up.

From Vadakkanchery to Thrissur is newly laid road now though it's single road (two lane) but traffic is heavy. I just came back to Palakkad on this stretch an hour back.
Dear AR Ram

Thank you for your reply.Hope It is ok for night drive...[:)]

Regards
Jins

It will be of great use for people who are planning to travel on road within kerala and others to visit kerala and its distinct tourist attractions.

Is there anybody who traveled between Neriamangalam and Munnar in Kerala? It has been a couple of years that that important stretch didn't see any serious road work. How is the road condition at present?

MODs, If there is any similar thread please merge it.
I took this route last month. Roads are good all the way till Munnar. Couple of kms just before entering munnar and all the way upto Munnar town is bad.

What is the current Palakkad -Trissur Road condition.
Kuthiran section is good. Other sections are patched but easily doable. Dont recommend night drives here as this stretch is pitch black at night and can be dangerous.

Hi,
Last week i went to Guruvayoor from Coimbatore via Palakkad-Shornur-Pattambi-Kunnangullam. 158 kms one way, In that around 25 kms were in bad state (From Salem Bye pass end Kaka chavadi till Palakkad)..

We are planning a short trip to Wayanad by hired innova and I am thinking of taking below route from mysore:
Mysore City–>HD Kote (Hand Post Jn)–> Nagarhole entry– > Nagarhole exit (Bavali/Kerala border)– >Kattikulam –> Mananthavady town --> Banasura Sagar Dam
Return journey :
Sultan Bathery -> Gundulpet -> Nanjangud -> Mysore.
Can anyone tell me how both routes are.
Thanks in advance.

did mysore - gundalpet- sulthan bathery route last sunday........ road is okay 2 lane, no pot holes. the forest stretch between gundalpet -s battery has humps every kilometre hence no much speeding.

I plan to do travel from Coimbatore to Guruvayoor via Palakkad and Thrissur.

which of the below routes have a good road condition
1. Palakkad - Alathur - Vadakkenchery - Thrissur - Kechery - Guruvayoor
2. Palakkad - Ottapalam - Shoranur - Wadakancerry - Thrissur - Kechery - Guruvayoor

The places in bold are places of visit.

Kr,
Sudhan

I plan to do travel from Coimbatore to Guruvayoor via Palakkad and Thrissur.

which of the below routes have a good road condition
1. Palakkad - Alathur - Vadakkenchery - Thrissur - Kechery - Guruvayoor
2. Palakkad - Ottapalam - Shoranur - Wadakancerry - Thrissur - Kechery - Guruvayoor

The places in bold are places of visit.

Kr,
Sudhan
The 2nd route is short and good. You can go via Shornur-Pattambi-Kunnamkulam. The present road condition is good

Thanks AR Ram, as you mentioned I also preferred the second route. I will choose "Palakkad - Ottapalam - Shoranur - Wadakancerry - Thrissur - Kechery - Guruvayoor"

Could anyone share the road condition just between Alappuzha to Vaikom or Ettumanoor, thats a sector which I have no information ???

Top Bottom