New Year Eve Celebration in Goa?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Am not sure if this is the exact place for this post!!!
Am not sure if its too early to be asking this too [evil]

Nevertheless, query is has anyone been to Goa for new year's eve?
I know it is going to be crowded like crazy but I wanna experience a beach party new year' celebration.

I also need to know on which is the best place to party (baga, vagator anjuna etc...). And finally a good place to stay where they don't have the expensive new year dinner. All of the resorts which I have seen till now have the dinner costing more than 4k per person.

Inputs greatly appreciated :)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i stayed in estrella do mar beach resort and paid 13000 for 4 nights 5 days , 28th october - 1st november 2012.

this was my first visit so didn't want to go in season [:D] it will be very much crowded like you said.

i think baga beach will be good for you. calungate is not that good.

and if you want to party just with russians , anjuna beach is the place [;)] you'll find just russians there and very limited indian people ( just the shop owners)

and as far as i remember , in every hotel you have to have the expensive dinner.

have a look at this - Goa Hotels Packages, Best Resorts in Goa, Best Resorts Packages Goa

i don't think you will spend 12000 for a night [lol]

hmm, I had been to Goa for new year once I think in 2001, which was completely unplanned with some urgent official work, hence first time driving down from hyderabad to goa in a maruti van !! We were at Colva and there is no way we could see the sea as beach was completely crowded with people and dancing, music and what not, with a great difficulty I found a stay for that night due to a friend there and returned back next day morning to hyderabad. It was one of its kind to celebrate 31st night at Goa, great experience

Hi djewel12,

Pockets will suffer !! Yes I mean it because you would end up spending more if you go during New Year's Eve, why costly is simply coz its the most happening place & you can find lively crowd in BAGA. I mean all the expense will surely shoot up, you might save a bit by booking accomdation in advance. You can try site for Libton Manor a very well maintained service apartment located near to Candolim which might be a good option. Enjoy the experience.

Santosh

Congo djewel12, good to know about your Goa plan. I had planned to visit Goa this month, however couldnt manage due to heavy work load. I enquired about a few apartments which had inexpensive accomodation, however they were booked till January.
And do keep this thread updated with the latest planning of yours.

Friends,

To make it simple for you, I have visited Goa on a business trip from year 2001 to 2004 continuous every month and spend 5 days there, so I have seen how the crowd in all the months in a year and the climate too !! so it is very tough idea to get a good accomodation during Nov,Dec,Jan till 1st week, and it is twice or thrice the regular price. It is called peak season. So based on this now you plan your things, if some body want to plan now for dec, it is too late as most of them will be booked full already. even if you manage to get something, either it is costly or it is quite far from main places.

I still remember, when I had been there for that new year time, I was driving my maruti van on 30th dec I think and it was huge traffic jam on Amboli ghats road leads to Goa and we spent our night in the van on the road as traffic was not moving ahead, finally we got there 31st afternoon to Madgoan !!

Thread Starter #7
i stayed in estrella do mar beach resort and paid 13000 for 4 nights 5 days , 28th october - 1st november 2012.

this was my first visit so didn't want to go in season [:D] it will be very much crowded like you said.

i think baga beach will be good for you. calungate is not that good.

and if you want to party just with russians , anjuna beach is the place [;)] you'll find just russians there and very limited indian people ( just the shop owners)

and as far as i remember , in every hotel you have to have the expensive dinner.

have a look at this - Goa Hotels Packages, Best Resorts in Goa, Best Resorts Packages Goa

i don't think you will spend 12000 for a night [lol]
Yeah, thanks for the update. Anjuna is a quiet place most of the times but new year season no place in goa will be free.
I have been to goa a couple of times in the last 3years but yeah not during this season.

Suggestion if you have already booked the resort or you can get accomodation easily then only plan for new year eve. Cause new year its dificult to get accomodation as almost all accomodation may ot resorts/private house bunglows already get booked upto Jan.

So try for accomodation right now else Simply plan it in March/April if you really want to enjoy beauty of Goa

Go Goa :)

Thread Starter #9
hmm, I had been to Goa for new year once I think in 2001, which was completely unplanned with some urgent official work, hence first time driving down from hyderabad to goa in a maruti van !!
Maruthi van ... Hyd to Goa almost 700 kms one way !!! that sounds like it was a long road trip. Drive must have been tiring.

Hi djewel12,

Pockets will suffer !! Yes I mean it because you would end up spending more if you go during New Year's Eve, why costly is simply coz its the most happening place & you can find lively crowd in BAGA. I mean all the expense will surely shoot up, you might save a bit by booking accomdation in advance. You can try site for Libton Manor a very well maintained service apartment located near to Candolim which might be a good option. Enjoy the experience.

Santosh
Yes Santosh, I need to keep that in mind too . it is going to cost more. but should be worth the expenses too. So looking for a good nice place to enjoy even if the budget ends up on a high. Am looking at Libton Manor. Will check with them for avail abilities.

Thread Starter #10
Congo djewel12, good to know about your Goa plan. I had planned to visit Goa this month, however couldnt manage due to heavy work load. I enquired about a few apartments which had inexpensive accomodation, however they were booked till January.
And do keep this thread updated with the latest planning of yours.
Thanks Akash for the suggestions. Yes I have been calling all the resorts, the standard/deluxe suites are booked and they have only those luxury ones' which are very expensive. And with the apartments they are booked too.
I had a contact info of a guy who rented his house for tourists, I am not able to find his number.

Thread Starter #11
Suggestion if you have already booked the resort or you can get accomodation easily then only plan for new year eve. Cause new year its dificult to get accomodation as almost all accomodation may ot resorts/private house bunglows already get booked upto Jan.

So try for accomodation right now else Simply plan it in March/April if you really want to enjoy beauty of Goa

Go Goa :)
Yes Samsaw rightly so, planning only for accommodation as of now. Hopefully some apartments will have something vacant for us. Am also looking in Panaji Margoa as they wont be filled up. We can always go back and fro to calangute/baga etc or any beaches for partying alone.

Thread Starter #12
I visited Goa this March, it was amazing. Just after the season it was little crowded, a little empty and the prices were okay. We got a resort right in front of calangute beach, with a beach view room too. Simply superb those days. That was a different experience
The reason I want to get to Goa for this New years' is
1. I have never been out on a New year before ( cos of work/ exams etc. )
2. Want to experience the real partying Goa.
3. And of course with all the heat around you like no where else :) [;)]

Hopefully something comes up with stay mainly and other things would fall in place.

@djewel12

Yes, that was really a hectic and tiring journey in a Maruti Van. In fact it was like a blind trip for me and my first outstation trip such kind and with such a vehicle too.
We took some wrong(bad roads) route just with the help of a map and ask people here and there.
We started around 10pm hyderabad, headed towards sholapur 300km and from there by mistake we took bijapur 100km and from there some 200km to Belgaum very pathetic single road with lot of pathholes and from belgaum via londa to Goa some 120km and we reached next day 6pm in the evening I think. I never did such travel in my life with such vehicle. But issue was urgent and I could not get train/bus/flight tickets and took that worst decision to reach by next day.
In return I took the correct route via sawantwadi-kolhapur-sangli-sholapur-hyderabad

check this offer, sounds good for you

https://www.goibibo.com/holidays/ho...n=goa-holidays-27nov&sid=emailer&fid=27novgoa

Thread Starter #15
After all the searches and calls made. All we heard was "fully booked"[cry]. Gave up hopes on goa but not for beach parties.
We booked off Kovalam (Kerala) close to its Trivandrum. It is not that crowded and also not that costly. Will definitely be a new experience a new place to explore.

But I will be heading to Goa March/April :)

Thanks for all the info and help guys. Respect [thumbswink]

Top Bottom