Best Route To Reach Hogenakkal from Bangalore Electronics City?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

As per google map there are 3 different routes to reac Hogenakkal. Kindly suggest which is having better and safe road.

Route 1 # State Highway 17 and SH 60 - 148KM

Route2#
National Highways 7/National Highway 7
110 km, 2 hours 41 mins

Route3# Thally-Denkanikottai Road
115 km, 2 hours 56 mins
Thally-Denkanikottai

Re: Best route to reach Hogenakkal from Bangalore Electronics City

I just did this 3 weeks ago.

I would suggest - Bangalore -> Attebelle - > Denkanikottai -> Anchetty -> Hogenakkal.

This route is scenic and and goes through a forest, and a ghat section. There is a stretch of bad road for around 3 to 4 kms. Otherwise the road is great to drive.

You can check out the route here

This route also takes you alongside the cauvery river, where you can stop and take a dip if you wish.

There are 2 ways to reach this route.

One is to take a right at Attebelle (under the flyover) and after a few kms take the left that takes you via the TVS factory. Continue straight on that road. keep going straight on the first major crossing - right goes to Thally. On the next major crossing take right - that will lead you to Denkanikottai.

The other route is to go straight to Hosur and take a right before the Hosur overbridge and then connect to the Denkanikottai road.

We took the first route.

Bangalore -> Attibele -> Krishnagiri -> Near Dharmapuri there is a deviation to Hogenakkal.

You can take this route if you want to drive in a 4 lane road.

If you enjoy scenery, less traffic, a few hairpin bends and a ride through a forest, them you can take the route we took. Check out my pictures...

Leaving early morning will also help. Don't know about the weather though. Looks like we might have a wet weekend.

Already started raining here.

Dear
We are planning to go for hogenekkal falls by bikes and leave banglore at night 12 am itself. we are planning to take many stops and enjoy in the way also.
So can please suggest the safest way to reach falls in the dark.?

Dear
We are planning to go for hogenekkal falls by bikes and leave banglore at night 12 am itself. we are planning to take many stops and enjoy in the way also.
Hi. It takes about 3-4 hrs to reach Hogenakkal. You can leave around 6am or so, to enjoy the scenery offered in the route mentioned below by HR. Apart from the occasional village tea stalls, you may not find any major restaurants / rest stops. Even though it was posted 4+ years ago, the route is still good. In fact, some roads are much better now. But if you are still starting at 12am, there may not be any shops open by that time, in the below route.

I just did this 3 weeks ago.

I would suggest - Bangalore -> Attebelle - > Denkanikottai -> Anchetty -> Hogenakkal.

This route is scenic and and goes through a forest, and a ghat section. There is a stretch of bad road for around 3 to 4 kms. Otherwise the road is great to drive.

You can check out the route here

This route also takes you alongside the cauvery river, where you can stop and take a dip if you wish.
If you want to go through highway you can do Bangalore - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Just-before-Dharmapuri - Pennagaram - Hogenakkal. Time-wise, it might be almost similar, even though distance is 40+ kms more.

If you cherish non-veg, don't forget to taste the freshly-caught-fish-dishes around the falls.

Dear
Denkanikottai-Anchetty-Hogenakkal goes through the forest and it is pretty desolate even in the wee hours. I would not recommend using this route if going in the dark.

Also, please ensure that you would be allowed near the falls in the night. I recall coming out of some gates near Hoganekkal when I went on a bike trip there 2-3 years back. These gates may be locked in the night.

We started at 6 and we took bath in Cauvery way before Hoganekkal, we went to a man made tank nearby and had snacks. We stopped little beyond TVS factory to eat and take photos and we had to go real slow for some stretches because they were asphalting the road and still we reached the falls at 1100-1200.

I think 12:00am is too early

Top Bottom