Trip From Bangalore To Bhubaneswar - Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hello Petrol Heads,[clap]

Some suggestion required.

I am planning a trip to my native Bhubaneswar from Bangalore on account of BIL marriage. I am planning for this trip on DEC-5. But I can start my journey from DEC-4 after 3PM.

Although I have already done this trip last year with my wife and kid.

Just posting a small briefing about the trip,

That Time I had no idea how to proceed for that such a long trip. As per plan there was no plan. Even no plan where to stay etc.
Just took the print out of the route from Google. That was the only thing I was carrying and filled the fuel and air to the car and we all set to leave next day morning.

Started from Bangalore @ 5.30 AM from BTM layout. Took the KR-Purama route to Tirupati.
Reached Tirupati @ around 10 AM. Took a breakfast break for around 1.5 hours (Due to Kid's thing and all).
@ Around 11.30 AM started to reach NH5 via srikalahasti. There was uneventful drive till 5.30 and we reached Vijayawada. Inquired with the local people about Rajahmundry.
People told that it around 200 KM from here. I was ready drive but again I asked a truck driver about it. He said it will take more time if start now because of traffic. I may be reaching around minimum after 11.30 PM at Rajahmundry.
As I said I had no plan, I was not sure how is rajahmundry during late night. Shall I get proper hotel or not. Since I was traveling with my kid and wife decided to stay back at Vijayawada.

In Vijayawada we took dinner at some north indian restaurant (I do not remember the name) man! What a north food. Still the taste is there in my mouth LOL.

Then again we started from there at 6.30 AM and reached near Orissa-AP boarder RTO at around 5.30 PM. got stuck for around 2 hour.

Then reached home at around 12 mid night.

My journey was good but I had some difficulty.

I am now putting those points.

1- Is there any better road option there to reach NH-5 apart from Bangalore-Tirupathi route.
Last time I had a lot of trouble at Chitoor.Realy bad road. Then after Tirupathi the road was full crowded. Road was OK kind.

2-Before reaching Vijaywada, the diversion was time killer. I do not know the count. Could not go beyond 50KMPH. Are those diversion still there or some improvement are seen.

3- Here Orissa member can help. What need to be done AP-Orissa border. Any way can we get out of this place quickly? Suggestion required.
What about Chilika disputed road. Are they still in the same stage or any improvement is there.

This time I want it to be better planned. Although I had not had much trouble but still this time I want it to be planned.

Any suggestions on the trip are welcome. [:)]

Regards,
Amit

Top Bottom