Vellore To Sabrimala - Road Query

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

We Planned to go to Sabarimala from Vellore on coming Saturday(17-11-2012).

Here is the Plan:

Total numbers of Persons: 7Members(Me, My dad, Brother-in-law, Cousin and three of my Dad's friend)

Mode of Transportaion : Toyota Innova( Due to sudden arrival of Dad's friends we decided to leave our Vista at Home[frustration] & will take Dad friend's Innova)

Number of days Planned : 4days

Here is the route plan:

Kms.JPG
Kms calculated.JPG
Map1.jpg

(If Time permits we may visit Thiruchandur while return)

Guys, Is anybody travelled on those roads recently?
How is the road after rain?

Please let me know the Road Status[:)]

Thread Starter #3
Do not know about the route. But, if you have not booked the queue system in shabarimala, use SABARIMALA VIRTUAL Q PORTAL (Most people outside kerala make use of it. Hope you too have registered) ! Swami Saranam
AppU question was answered by appus[:D], Sounds interesing.

Yes buddy, We have already booked the ticket for the Queue. It is free of cost. As per our ticket we want to there at 18th night 9:30pm.

BTW, our plan changed. Only 4 members(myself, Dad, Brother-in-Law and my Cousin) are going to Sabarimala, others(3 of Dad friends) going to Thiruchendur. we are going by Our Whitey(Vista)[:D]. they are going by my Dad's friend 2009 White color Vista(Same person who owns Innova & two other cars).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Guys,

Done the trip successfully with a single puncture[frustration]. Total Kms covered 1650Kms.

Road status:

Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Tirupur == > Excellent Highway with minimum Diversions, we can easily maintain above 100Km/hr on those roads.

Tirupur - Coimbatore Bye pass - Walaya(Kerala Border) == > NH Construction is in progress, So many diversions with traffic Jam & no proper sign board(GPS Saved me[:D])

Walayar - Thrissur == > Worst stretch I've travelled. My White's Front right tyre got Punctured on this streach :(. HugePathholes with huge volume of trailers & lorrys. Whitey got excellent Ground clearance, So she managed those roads very easily & the suspension done a fantastic job.

Thrissur - Guruvayoor - Chottanikkara, Ernakulam - Erumeli - Pamba - Punnaloor == > Narrow Hills area with good Roads.

Punnaloor - Tenkasi - Srivilliputhur - Tirumangalam == > Roads are good and wider then Kerala. we can maintain 100km/hr easily.

Tirumangalam - Madurai == > NH7 comes to action. but, for a small distance. Excellent road

Madurai - Alagar temple == > Good State highway.

Alagar temple - Melur == > Worst road with huge pathholes. Almost nil traffic on these stretch .

Melur - Pilliyarpatti - Puthukottai - Trichy == > Country roads but in good condition with some good amount of turnings.

Trichy - Asanur == > NH 45, just played on these road. top speed touched 130km/hr for half an hour constantly, Superb road.

Asanur - Thirukovilur - Thiruvanamalai - Vellore == > State highways are in good condition & well familiar road, so maintained the speed according to the area.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
How did the darshan went at Sabarimala.
There was a moderate crowd in temple. But, we had a fantastic Darshan of Lord Iyyapan for 5times peacefully.

Did you visit the Madurai temple as well??
Yes, I've Visited Madurai Meenakshi, Tiruparnkumdram, Pilliyarpatti, Srirangam, Samayapuram & some temple in Kerala too.

Waiting for some pics[:)].
Now, I'm in office at Chennai. My cam is in Vellore. Will update the Pics with story by coming week.

Here is the few Pics from the trip(Which taken from my Samsung Galaxy Ace)

My Whitey ready for the trip:

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Lord Iyyapan Temple:
sab1.jpg

Arriyankavu Iyyapan Temple:
ariyankavu.jpg

Tiruparankundram Murgar temple:
trk1.jpg

trk2.jpg

Madurai Meenakshi temple:
mad.jpg

A Mighty Bull at Samyapuram temple:

bull.jpg

Aah your vista looks[glasses].

Create a new thread in the voyage junction.

No hurry to post, take your utmost time and share your experiences.

I am waiting for your experiences of Guruvayoor and remaining places.

Guys,

Done the trip successfully with a single puncture[frustration]. Total Kms covered 1650Kms.

Road status:

Walayar - Thrissur == > Worst stretch I've travelled. My White's Front right tyre got Punctured on this streach :(. HugePathholes with huge volume of trailers & lorrys. Whitey got excellent Ground clearance, So she managed those roads very easily & the suspension done a fantastic job.
actually there is another route, trissur- palakad- shornur - coimbatore. most airbus will take this route only. its 20km more but still good roads.

Thread Starter #11
actually there is another route, trissur- palakad- shornur - coimbatore. most airbus will take this route only. its 20km more but still good roads.

I was not aware of this, I just followed my GPS. Due to time constraint I have no mood to think about other route[frustration]

Thread Starter #15
Hi Appu, did you visit Courtallam? Are there any water in falls?
Ram,

Courtallam is the mother land of falls.

There are 14-16 falls available. Courtallam is very famous for falls.

People visit Courtallam to have oil bath, massage and the falls water contains herbal.

It take more than a week to enjoy all the falls fully:-)

Top Bottom