Zen Estilo 1.1

Thread Starter #1
A nice and stylish compact car from suzuki.

It was our 2nd car. We got it on 27th oct 07.
I drove around 8000 kms in that.

Driving the small car was fun, easy in big cities like in chennai.
Not a big problem to drive in highways too.
I would race with swifts and indicas in highway. Till 120kmph its easy to attain.
After that it would struggle a bit, more struggle on 130+.[clap]

Entry and exit is easy in this hatch.
luggage space is also good enough to carry 4 bags. But if you add a parcel tray it would be bit difficult.

under body parts , spares , seats , steering wheel are a straight lift from wagon R.
Spare label have wagon R printed on them.
The steering wheel is so light. it has electronic steering wheel , a technology used in Benz.
The feature in vxi , auto lock when the speed exceeds 30kmph is a good work.

The mileage which i got was 13kmpl in city and 17 to 18kmpl in highway

It had gear slotting problems earlier. It wont slot freely in 2nd and reverse. You need to be hard in this. But gets rectified after some 5 to 7K running.

Braking and suspension was good. Comfort level is good regarding the hatch.

After a week of cars delivery i got noise in my drive shaft. Got a replacement in warranty.

I did a tour to Ooty. The climbing capacity was good. Did not feel difficult , but need 1st gear many times esp in hairpin bend. Our earlier omni start from 0 in a hairpin bend at 2nd gear itself with 6 passengers.

Cold starts were too not a problem. just after the 2nd crank the car started .

And the final part , its a strong car. Even after dashing a tree at 100kmph the occupants came out with minor injury. Had they wore seat belt nothing would have happen.[thumbsup]

Arun

Suspended
Only 2 Estilo owners Rajeev.
I am Renegade's younger brother.

The Lxi version of the does feels a bit shaky above 130.The culprit should be the wheels.Even a layman can tell that there is a difference in the size(width) of the tyres.

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Good review Ilango.

Dashing at a speed of 100kph would collapse any car. They should have braked before hitting or the impact was in a manner that the car was pushed aside with a mild hit.

can anybody throw light on that "lock above 30 kmph"?
Hey sriharsha
Its a feature provided by autocop in the central locking system that comes with this car.
What happens is that when you start to drive you don't have to bother about the doors(whether its locked or not).As soon as the Speedo crosses 20kmph all the doors are locked automatically(this feature can be turned off or can be configured to lock all doors as soon as the engine is cranked)

Its only available on the Vxi model

Nice review buddy.Have never driven the estilo,you gave me a idea of what its like.

But dashing a tree at 100kmph and coming out with minor injury does not prove the cars strongness instead it proves yours and the passengers luck.

Drive safe buddy.[cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Nice short review of your Estilo Ilango.
Estilo is a good car for city run about but I never liked its front. It looked ugly.[pig]
However, The refreshed front of new version is much much better.

The Ending of your review really sad and I agree with Neil on this....
Neil.Bhujbal said:
But dashing a tree at 100kmph and coming out with minor injury does not prove the cars strongness.It proves you and your passengers were lucky.
Arun said:
Only 2 Estilo owners Rajeev.
I am Renegade's younger brother
I think deville_56 has also got an Estilo.

Drive Safe!
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hey sriharsha
Its a feature provided by autocop in the central locking system that comes with this car.
What happens is that when you start to drive you don't have to bother about the doors(whether its locked or not).As soon as the Speedo crosses 20kmph all the doors are locked automatically(this feature can be turned off or can be configured to lock all doors as soon as the engine is cranked)

Its only available on the Vxi model
I don't think the locking is related to speed. Mine will lock after 10 seconds with key in Acc position. It's Autocop provided by Maruti. and unlocks when ignition is off. Maybe it's there in VXi.

Yep. He has black Estilo.
Yep. I am ripping black Estilo aka Hell's Angel @ 60 kmph [:D]. I remember seeing more Estilo in member list.

The refreshed front of new version is much much better.

350Z
Refreshed one looks better, but overall design doesn't blend together like in the DZire

Last edited:
right.
even my autocop locks itself after turning the ign to acc and unlocks itself when the engine is turned off. i need to know whether it is possble to program it so that it gets locked after reaching a certain speed limit?

Arun

Suspended
Estilo is a good car for city run about but I never liked its front. It looked ugly.[pig]
However, The refreshed front of new version is much much better.

I think deville_56 has also got an Estilo.
I am sorry 350Z but I beg to differ here. The new end looks good only when seen from the front. If you have a glance at its side it looks disproportionate.I have no clue what Maruti Suzuki people are having for breakfast considering they are rolling out such hideous looking cars.

Have a look.

New Estilo:[thumbsdown]

Old Estilo:[thumbsup]

The Estilo owners on the forum are only Renegade and deville_56.
Ilango has sold his Estilo.He didn't crash it,the second owner did.
What Ilango was trying to elaborate was how safe this car is!!

OT: 350Z can you please start a Weird and Wacky section to post?

ilango, nice precise report of your estilo.
Arun i do agree that older estilo looked in much appropriate then current new estilo, which they seems tried copying i10 eyes and to look it more mascular.lol.

Thread Starter #15
Crash was done by the 2nd owner. Just after 10 days after they got hold of it.

If you have installed auto cop , it would lock immediately.
Mine is a lxi.
But in vxi , stock car comes with key less entry system and that feature locks only after 30kmph .
Keep running in 20kmph it wont lock. I tried in the test car.

Top Bottom