Your Thoughts on Apple iPhone 5?

I've too used 4th. It's great but a bit slower. I would even buy it even for the thickness![clap]
I used the 4 then switched to 4S which is bit faster then 4 and now will get the iphone 5 within a month or so.

As it has a better processor and now that they have a bigger screen which i always wanted [:)]. And it is definitely faster than the 4s.

To me it looks like final chaos of the storm after that rest in peace !

If my memory is right similar scale of expectation had been their while the launch of windows vista but within a year people reinstalled xp !

To me it looks like final chaos of the storm after that rest in peace !

If my memory is right similar scale of expectation had been their while the launch of windows vista but within a year people reinstalled xp !
well buddy that's not going to happen with Iphone's or specifically iphone 5. The only time this will happen is when Apple brings the new iphone.

Though they don't have all the features that an android or windows phone have but still Iphones will always have their share in market as today. And they always rock the market.

( I am not saying this because i own one. I never liked Apple (iphone) 2 years back until i started using Iphone4).

I used the 4 then switched to 4S which is bit faster then 4 and now will get the iphone 5 within a month or so.

As it has a better processor and now that they have a bigger screen which i always wanted. And it is definitely faster than the 4s.
Great![:)]. Waiting for the review.[:D]. It seems you loved those phones!
BTW I meant iPod Touch 4. :tongue:

m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/16503622.cms

The research firm IDC reported that Samsung had
24.1 percent of the global handset market compared with Apple's 6.4
percent at the end of the last quarter. Samsung also had a commanding lead in the lucrative smartphone market: 32.6 percent compared with Apple's 16.9
percent,

"The iPhone has remained pretty much static now for three generations. The first
iPhone was a revelation, in a class of its own. But Apple has held onto the user interface
for five years. You can still claim the interface is better, but the difference has been
shrinking every year. On display, you can argue Samsung has taken the lead. Maybe you
can slam Samsung for being an imitator, but when they imitate they do it right." Whether Samsung was innovating, imitating or illegally copying was at the heart of the
complex patent suit. Samsung has appealed the jury's verdict and has its own claims
against Apple. But nearly everyone I spoke to shrugged off the longer-term implications,
saying technology is developing so quickly that the lawsuits may soon be irrelevant.

Last edited:
Does any one have idea about the cost of Factory Unlocked iPhone5 ?
Approx 840-890$.

If one intends to use in India, he has to cross many hurdles.
Wait till the year end, where Apple has promised to launch it in 100 countries.
Airtel is already in procurement of Nano sims.

Till then IP4S is the way to go, but beware of its battery consumption.

IP4 is better in battery backup.

Apple iPhone 5 aluminum shell plagued by chipping issues

It seems to have become a routine now. Every year Apple releases a new iPhone and while most of the customers are delighted a subset of buyers pull the short end of the stick. With the iPhone 4, it was the antennagate issue, with the iPhone 4S it was the battery life problem and now some iPhone 5 buyers are noticing dents on their prized possession.

Yes, many owners, particularly of the Black & Slate colored model, are reporting dents and scratches along the chamfered edges of their new iPhone right out of the box. We haven't seen many reports from owners of the White & Silver model, but that just might be because the color isn't particularly popular.
Now, anodized aluminum is known to pick up scuff marks easily. Because the color is painted on top, even a minor scuff can make it come off, revealing a shiny silver spot below. Also, aluminum is a soft metal, so it dents very easily, especially along thin edges. You'll find scuffs and dents on practically every anodized aluminum object that has been used for a while.
Which is why it wasn't a shock to us when we saw the iPhone picking up dents along the edges in this drop test. However, it is surprising when the device comes with scuff marks out of the box and points to poor quality checks at Apple's end.
Of course, Apple will readily replace any such device for you. But if you're importing this device to a different country (and we know many do), you will need to be careful and hold on till the issue gets sorted.
Update: Apparently, white units have the same issues as the black ones. We are really hoping Apple makes an official statement soon enough and explain the cause.

source Apple iPhone 5 aluminum shell plagued by chipping issues - GSMArena.com news

Top Bottom