Your Personal Mobile Handset?

Replaced my samsung galaxy s6 with The oneplus 5t today.
Why not the galaxy s8 ? Didn't want to spend above 40k on a phone.
Initial impressions are good. Definitely not as premium as my s6, glass finish is much better than aluminium finish. S6 still looks better than this.

Snapdragon 835 seems really fast. Will update more after using it for some time.
Wanted to take your feedback on upgrading from Samsung Galaxy series to OnePlus. Am also considering an upgrade from my trusted and long term partner Galaxy S5. It did serve me very well for 4 long years, but now started showing signs of ageing for the past 6 to 8 months - gets very slow, heats up at times, freeze/ latency in touch response.
I usually use phones for a long period, do not prefer switching devices every year. Had initially planned to upgrade to OP5 last year March, then again planned OP5T in Dec, but dont feel like parting with the SGS5 as it is still working. I hate discarding working/ manageable devices or products, want to extract the last bit of juice out of all that I possess. [evil]
But its time now I feel, it needs an upgrade, hopefully the OP6 in March.
Are you satisfied with the switch you made?
Sold my phone today(after 33 months) through cashify.in for 8750rs. Friend owning a mobile shop to go ahead since as per him i would have fetched around 6k.
Woow... that is a wonderful price you got for the old device. Congrats..!!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even I switched when the s6 started behaving crazy. Random restarts plus poor battery backup were the reasons I switched.

And yes the OP5T is an amazing device. Not premium like the Galaxy s6 but the performance and the battery life is leaps ahead. The camera and the video are amazing too.

You have to see YouTube videos of how fast the face recognition is [:D] plus the dash charging. Everything is perfect , the only thing which I don't like is that they copied apple and they are doing the same with the OP6.

Even I switched when the s6 started behaving crazy. Random restarts plus poor battery backup were the reasons I switched.

And yes the OP5T is an amazing device. Not premium like the Galaxy s6 but the performance and the battery life is leaps ahead. The camera and the video are amazing too.

You have to see YouTube videos of how fast the face recognition is [:D] plus the dash charging. Everything is perfect , the only thing which I don't like is that they copied apple and they are doing the same with the OP6.
Is OP5T a good buy now as OP6 is coming in few days?My friends are suggesting me to buy one but I feel Oneplus service is poor as compared to Apple or Samsung.And,OP5T screen costs around ₹15k as per many sources.

Just bought an iPhone SE for mom,who used to have Nexus 5.Costed me ₹21200 including insurance.

And,I may be back to Nexus 5 as my iPhone 6 screen got shattered and I’ll be buying an iPhone 8 or X in June.

Finally,upgraded to iPhone X 64GB from iPhone 6.From 6 to X,it is a true upgrade.BTW,I got it from US and its an unlocked one.Will start using from june as I'm busy with my exams.

Already inserted the sim in my X and restored all my old data from my old iPhone 6.

I currently have a Redmi Note 4 . Upgraded from a Honor holly. Paid 9999 in June 2017. A very good phone for the price. Decent camera , frequent miui updates , superb sound quality and a good processor. Couldn't have been happier with the purchase. [clap]

I currently have a Redmi Note 4 . Upgraded from a Honor holly. Paid 9999 in June 2017. A very good phone for the price. Decent camera , frequent miui updates , superb sound quality and a good processor. Couldn't have been happier with the purchase. [clap]
Yeah its a good phone overall, except its screen strength. Be very careful while handling, if you drop it then screen will break with very small impact. unfortunately it happened twice for my Redmi Note 3 model.

Yeah its a good phone overall, except its screen strength. Be very careful while handling, if you drop it then screen will break with very small impact. unfortunately it happened twice for my Redmi Note 3 model.
Nothing will happen if you use good quality bumper case made of rubber. I had Redmi 3 in past, quite a few times it slipped from hand but nothing happened

One more thing which I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I had paid ₹4855 for the Honor holly. We exchanged it when we bought a LG Q6 for my mom and we got ₹4600 for the Honor. That makes it 255 ₹ depreciation in 2 years for a phone that was handled in the roughest way possible .[clap]
Coming back to the redmi, it has fallen down 3 times and thankfully nothing has happened to the screen yet. Initially when I got the phone I felt it was too slippery to hold and hence ordered a transparent rubber cover from Flipkart. Maybe that has saved the screen .

Last edited:
Changed from Iphone 6s - 64GB to Oneplus 6 - 8GB/128GB. Needed a dual sim phone and wanted to get back to Android! Loving the OP6.
Great choice varun. Can you post some comparison of both may be its little early too say still you can post your first impressions. I still use iphone 6s from past 1-1/2 years have only one complaint of battery capacity nothing else.

Bought a samsung J6 yesterday for home and its quite impressive for the price paid Rs.12500 after paytm cash back.

Got hold of the brand new Asus Zenfone max pro m1 last saturday. Upgraded from Lenovo vibe p1 after 2.5 years of heavy use. Vibe was a true companion with a terrific built, survived a horrific screen crash, water drop etc. It still had enough juice to push for another 1 year but the storage of 32GB was not permitting me for even app updates.

Started liking the max pro, few cons which i noticed was camera is not that great but coming from vibe, it's much better. Finger sensor is not very fast as occasionally it takes its own time. Other than these two cons, i think the phone ticks most of the boxes. I hope that for the next 3 years i will have a trouble free ownership experience. [glasses]

Top Bottom