Your Longest Distance Covered in 1 Day

Longest distance covered in a 1 Day?

• Total voters
Did 2 more long trips:
10xxkms in 23hrs (with 4hrs break)
Bangalore to Hatti Gold Mines & back to Bangalore in my Zen Estilo (F10D)

Bangalore to Tarapatra (not sure of exact name- its beyond Ernakulam) & back to Bangalore
1400kms - Zen Estilo (K Series). The route was Bangalore - Salem -Coimbatore - Pallakkad - Cochin - Ernakulam - Tarapatra & same route back to home. Started last Saturday afternoon 5pm and reached destination next day morning 7.45am, slept for 4hours, picked up the person and drove back to Bangalore. Started @ 12.15pm from destination and reached home @ 4am on monday morning!

The longest i've driven is around 480 kms in a day took around 10 hours (a lot of breaks due to traffic, timing etc), Chennai to Manamadurai in my Celerio VXi (O) manual. Also the return journey.
Mileage was about 20 kmpl driving steadily not more than 90 km/hr.
In the return journey two days later, I did the same distance in 8 hours and I think I've got better mileage.

Last edited:
Delhi to Jhansi and back in 15 hours. 930 kms.

while going stopped at two places for short rest and 45 mins work in jhansi. While coming back stopped at yamuna expressway first service area for dinner. then carried forward for home. Car was ertiga and total FE for trip was 16.5 kmpl.

1. Don't remember the exact date but, in March 2015 on a sunny Sunday from Badlapur to Chinchwad (bringing back the Scooty) with Brother in Law.
Vehicle Used: Scooty Pep+
Total km: 137km
Total Travel Time: 5.5hrs
Milage: 65+km/ltr

Started at 1pm from Badlapur and reached Chinchwad at 5:30pm. With some mini stops and including Oil change and fuel filling at start, lunch at Khopoli, tea break at Lonavala and many small stops to cool down the rear tyre with available sources. (Unfortunately no nitrogen filling center available on route). With some Roller-Coaster ride and heated tyre, travel time got increased.

2. Joy ride in Rain. From Chinchwad to Karla Gadh, Tiger Point (Lonavala), Halfway to Khopoli & Back to Durga Parmeshwari Temple at Karla Phata, Prati Shirdi Shirgaon & Back to home
Vehicle: Suzuki Access
Total km: 130.7km
Total Travel Time: 9.5hrs

On 29th June 2015, started from our home at Chinchwad to Karla Gadh with my wife at 8:30 am to perform ritual (have blessings of Godess Ekveera (Kuldevi) after marriage for first-time). Took weekday to avoid rush, got rain as gift. Went to Durga Parmeshwari Temple unable to have blessings as temple was closed, hence went to Tiger Point at Lonavla and then halfway towards Khopoli in old ghat route towards Tata Colony, Khopoli. Did not went ahead as due to heavy rains wife got scared as bike start to loose friction. Hence, retuns back to Durga Parmeshwari Temple. After spending some time there, decided to visit Prati Shirdi, Shirgaon and back to home at 7pm. Had various stops including for tea and petrol. Didn't calculate milage.

1. Don't remember the exact date but, in March 2015 on a sunny Sunday from Badlapur to Chinchwad (bringing back the Scooty) with Brother in Law.
Vehicle Used: Scooty Pep+
Total km: 137km
Total Travel Time: 5.5hrs
Milage: 65+km/ltr
to loose friction. Hence, retuns back to Durga Parmeshwari Temple. After spending some time there, decided to visit Prati Shirdi, Shirgaon and back to home at 7pm. Had various stops including for tea and petrol. Didn't calculate milage.
Whoa! That's an achievement buddy, But I strongly suggest you it's high time you either buy a car or good highway cruising bikes (like RE) as these scooters will give a problem for your back and going with wife doesn't sound safe in highways.

Distance - 600 miles / 960km from Roseville, California to Portland, Oregon
Vehicle - Honda Odyssey
Time taken - 9 hrs with a break of about 40 min
Could you please share the average speed you maintain to travel that distance?

Whoa! That's an achievement buddy, But I strongly suggest you it's high time you either buy a car or good highway cruising bikes (like RE) as these scooters will give a problem for your back and going with wife doesn't sound safe in highways.
Yup, Access is really back soaring scooter with its hard suspension, atleast for me and wife as we are really low weight kind of. We do have family car (Zen Carb 1997 model) and even now hunt for new car is goin on. Was apposed by family members to go in car for first time with her as she won't feel comfortable to travel in car or any closed vehicle (Though now she used to it). Hence, have to opt for it. For RE, I might look like an Ant riding on Elephant (5'2" & skinny too).
Thank you for suggestion, looking forward to own a car soon.

I have done this trip quite a few times and in different vehicles, below are the stats

Distance - 580 KMS
Time taken - 11 / 9 hours
Route - Pune - NH4 - Kolhapur - Roaming around city(Kolhapur) [:)] - NH4 - Pune
Car used - TATA Nano / MS Swift VXI

Thanks,
Satyajeet

My longest trip in car will be -
Coorg to Pune
Distance - 1010 kms
Time taken - 17 hrs with 5 breaks
Route - Coorg, Mysore, (NH4) Pune
Car used - Ford Figo Aspire diesel.

On bike will be
Pune to Guhaghar
Distance - 280 kms
Time taken- 10 hrs
Route- Pune- Satara- Koyna- Chiplun- Guhaghar
Bike- Hero Honda Passion

Distance- 635 km
Route- Bangalore - kottayam.
Time taken - around 17hrs
Vehicle- Grand i10 petrol

There was a looong hault at malampuzha gardens, an hour break at a relatives place and several stops for food and rest.

Distance - 590 Kms
Time taken - 11 Hours
Route - Pune - Solapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Sedam - Pargi - Chevella - Hyderabad
Car used - Grand i10 (P)

Top Bottom