Your Favourite Holiday Destination in India?

Thread Starter #1
Which is your favourite Holiday destination in India? I'm thinking to go somewhere in these winters but you guys tell options for both, winters as well as summers. My fav places are goa, bombay kullu and manali, nainital.[:)]

Thread Starter #3
but i heard that andman,nicobar and lakshwadeep needs some spl. permission by govt. before going?

350Z

Core Team
My favourite tourist places are currently - Mumbai, Goa, Nainital and Yes, The Most favourite is Jim Corbett. Even I was too planning to visit Lakshwadeep Islands but what you all get to see there is Natural Beauty, Also there is lack of transports and Veg. Food.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i havent traveled around India much
but will be doing soon
I have visited Delhi and was impressed
i may visit it again this december!

but i heard that andman,nicobar and lakshwadeep needs some spl. permission by govt. before going?
Indian Nationals dont require any permit to visit these islands except the restricted tribal areas where special government permission is needed.

Our whole family(my mom ,dad and me) stayed in Aizawl,capital of the state of Mizoram(A lovely state full of hills and natural beauties in North-East having border with Bangladesh and Burma) from my birth till my higher secondary standards as my dad is posted there as a superintendent engineer.A very pleasant climate and hillstation that suites all.My mom and dad still stays there, I had moved out for graduation and job.

I have visited many places in India ,but the places I liked the most are Puri(Orissa),Vizag(Andhra Pradesh),Vijayawada(Andhra Pradesh),Pondicherry,Shillong,Guwahati,Cherrapunji, Darjeeling and Hyderabad.I love North-east states alot.

I really love hill driving ,because drivers in Hills follow traffic rules more than their counterparts in plains.

Last edited:
Yes north eastern states are beautiful and full of nature, but because of other resons, people normally dont plan for those areas.

Yes I also agree with you.But Mizoram is a most peaceful state among all North-Eastern states, even it is getting PEACE BONUS annually every year. But before visiting there people have to get individual Inner Line Pass, or else they will not let you enter the border in case you go by road or out of airport if you go by air.

umang had you been to munnar anytime? or ooty and kodaikanal? great places i must say. we(family friends) went to ooty from mysore in a swarj mazda around 5 years back. we reached ooty safely. but while coming back the brake oil of the mazda somehow got leaked but the driver still managed to get us all back safely to mysore.

Near My place- Mahabaleshwar and Pachmari(MP), Ooty- Best hill station down south. Lovely environment with great gardens.

Top Bottom