Your Favorite Books!

Wow That is lot of book worms here. I wonder how do you guys manage to read.

Looking through past I have got nothing to claim I read; other than champak,Tinkle,reader's digest (jokes) and some magazines.

Instead of Novel I would prefer a movie though never read a novel or fictions.

Ofcourse I have read lot of specifications,Manuals,Standards but That is for bread (Job)

I think reading has adverse affect on Eyesight so I definitely avoid tracing fine prints hidden inside books.

Ohh Just remembered I have read One book long back ,that was Dancing Wu-Li master by Gary Zukav .
Cheers.

Last edited:
To all of you who love books, I'd suggest you pick up an Amazon Kindle (Not Kindle Fire). This is Black and white. The display is like your old digital watch. Battery lasts forever and it does not strain your eyes. It's as good as reading a paper book. Even the size is similar. You can store 1000's of books and you don't even have to buy them from Amazon. There are free copies everywhere on the net. Just search for the mobi format. You could also read these books on you computer by downloading the calibre book reader or use the Android Kindle app on your phone.

Well,guys my choice seems to be 100% different.In fact you people may get surprised,to hear the names of those books..
On the name of magazines I get ACI,Top gear as subscription copies per month.

On the name of novels:-
Five point someone is my hot favorite.

Okay now I'll mention some 'special' books and how they changed my life:-

Business School-Robert.T.Kiosaki:-
How I got this book:A friend working for some MLM called RMP gave it to me.
What this book had:Truth,some real life gaming experiences.
Do I recommend this book:Definitely I do recommend this book to anyone who wants to start his/her own business.Read it once and your mindset will change,read it second time and you become very practical and reading it third time,your mind is now transformed completely.But take care,this book pays emphasis on MLM hence is quite tricky to get the point.
How it changed my life:That time I was in 11th class and after I read this book twice,it made me think of becoming a businessman instead of a job doer.What I read in the book was same as what i have noticed around me and hence it moved me a lot and from the very same time,I am no more interested in doing the job thing and amazingly now my thoughts too don't match with the job doers.

The Secret-Rhonda Byrne:
This book was given by my uncle to me.I took the book and digested it once in just 3 days(300 pages).Then I took it again and I was like..[surprise].
What this book had:Some mythical or maybe true facts which will make your inner soul very strong,at least now you will never be able to give up.
Do I recommend this book:I strictly recommend this book,any person in any field must read this book.Just once read this book and you will discover a lot.
How it changed my life:This book taught me how to keep firm in any situation,however adverse the situation may be but you are not going to break at any cost.This book has made me strict optimistic and hence many people say "Vipul,how you manage to keep cool in such situations"? or "How you keep smiling in every condition"?

Word of caution:You people will find these books extremely boring and hence need a lot of courage to complete one..

Even more amazing are my engineering books,they increase your courage level..but I am still to become courageous enough to read them...:tongue:

Last edited:
Wow That is lot of book worms here. I wonder how do you guys manage to read.

Looking through past I have got nothing to claim I read; other than champak,Tinkle,reader's digest (jokes) and some magazines.

Instead of Novel I would prefer a movie though never read a novel or fictions.

Ofcourse I have read lot of specifications,Manuals,Standards but That is for bread (Job)

I think reading has adverse affect on Eyesight so I definitely avoid tracing fine prints hidden inside books.

Ohh Just remembered I have read One book long back ,that was Dancing Wu-Li master by Gary Zukav .
Cheers.
Wow I have read the book by Gary Zukav long ago if iam not mistaken it's about how quantum physics and ages old Hindu philosophy and Tao is surprisingly similar right ?

Well,guys my choice seems to be 100% different.In fact you people may get surprised,to hear the names of those books..
On the name of magazines I get ACI,Top gear as subscription copies per month.

On the name of novels:-
Five point someone is my hot favorite.

Okay now I'll mention some 'special' books and how they changed my life:-

Business School-Robert.T.Kiosaki:-
How I got this book:A friend working for some MLM called RMP gave it to me.
What this book had:Truth,some real life gaming experiences.
Do I recommend this book:Definitely I do recommend this book to anyone who wants to start his/her own business.Read it once and your mindset will change,read it second time and you become very practical and reading it third time,your mind is now transformed completely.But take care,this book pays emphasis on MLM hence is quite tricky to get the point.
How it changed my life:That time I was in 11th class and after I read this book twice,it made me think of becoming a businessman instead of a job doer.What I read in the book was same as what i have noticed around me and hence it moved me a lot and from the very same time,I am no more interested in doing the job thing and amazingly now my thoughts too don't match with the job doers.

The Secret-Rhonda Byrne:
This book was given by my uncle to me.I took the book and digested it once in just 3 days(300 pages).Then I took it again and I was like..[surprise].
What this book had:Some mythical or maybe true facts which will make your inner soul very strong,at least now you will never be able to give up.
Do I recommend this book:I strictly recommend this book,any person in any field must read this book.Just once read this book and you will discover a lot.
How it changed my life:This book taught me how to keep firm in any situation,however adverse the situation may be but you are not going to break at any cost.This book has made me strict optimistic and hence many people say "Vipul,how you manage to keep cool in such situations"? or "How you keep smiling in every condition"?

Word of caution:You people will find these books extremely boring and hence need a lot of courage to complete one..

Even more amazing are my engineering books,they increase your courage level..but I am still to become courageous enough to read them...:tongue:
I think regarding the choices of the books you love I would surely surely recommend you 2 books by Anthony Robbins 1) unlined power 2) awaken the giant within .
And if you really want to know how sometimes things work quite opposite to what we believe I suggest you reading freakonomics and books by Malcolm gladwell like blink, outliers, tipping point . This books don't teach you anything but they urge you to think beyond the oblivious.
And I would also suggest you to read Black Swan search Wikipedia about this book .

the catcher in the rye
george orwell 1984 and animal farm
ender's game orson card
the giver
rich dad poor dad
the fountainhead
a brief history of time
the kite runner

Finished reading The Second World, Empires and influence in the new global order by Parag Khanna.
Its about the least understood countries shaping the future of global order.
Started reading Autobiography of an Yogi of Paramhansa Yogananda.
One of the nice books to read if you like to read about spirituality.

Last edited:

Top Bottom