Your Experiences Of Greatest Bike There Was in India - The RX100

As cooldhaya mentioned in his post, it would be a nice idea to bring back this legendary bike into the markets.

Thread Starter #17
Well, an RX with the original spirit, 4 stroke or 2, will push Yamaha further up the road they are moving quite well on!!

I had a Cherry Red RX 100, when I was doing my graduation. That time it was too hot in the market. I used it for almost 2 years and one day my father sold it with out telling me, when I was out of station. I had a big fight with my father when I came back. He put my reckless driving (in his eyes [:)]) as the reason. After all these years, when I look back, I can understand why he had done that to me. But, still I miss my RX100.

I had a Cherry Red RX 100, when I was doing my graduation. That time it was too hot in the market. I used it for almost 2 years and one day my father sold it with out telling me, when I was out of station. I had a big fight with my father when I came back. He put my reckless driving (in his eyes [:)]) as the reason. After all these years, when I look back, I can understand why he had done that to me. But, still I miss my RX100.
I think i am the only TAIn who hasnt got over this hot ride.
BTW dont you have any pics of that bike?

350Z

Core Team
RX100 Fans Rejoice! Yamaha is planning to start the production of RX100's Spare Parts after almost about 15 Years:

Well, it seems that we might not get the RX 100 four stroke version any sooner or for that matter never at all. But this could be a good news for the people who still have the legendary motorcycle in their garage. Yamaha is planning to start the production of the spare parts of the two stroke version once again. After the RX 100 was taken out of production in the ’90s the spare parts availability became a big challenge for the owners. After almost 15 years since the bike went out of production you will get good quality genuine spare parts and accessories for your RX 100. This will surely going to boost the performance of your RX 100
Source: Indian Motos Blog

Drive Safe,
350Z

as aditya said, RX100 lovers are very vicious! but let me take a risk by voicing out my opinion- i completely DISLIKE the RX100!!!

reasons are many-

1) i hate its looks: the flat panels & the skinny tyres dont evoke any interest!

2) i hate its sound: MOST IMPORTANT! i go mad (not in the good sense) when i hear a revving RX100. i simply dislike its ktrrrr trrrr sound. i know its a 2 stroke, but a kinetic honda scooter sounds better. i also know many here love the bike because of its sound, but i dislike it!

3) it is one of the most polluting bike i have seen on indian roads, again compared to 2 stroke bikes only.

4) initial acceleration is good but nothing mind blowing & acceleration after 50kmph is nothing to write about too.

the only thing good about the bike is its resale value!!!

sorry if i have hurt the RX100 loyalists/lovers, these are just my opinion & need not be accepted.

Uuhh!!! completely disgree with you Raj!! [:D]

You have hurted the feeling of many people here.

I love RX100 for just all the above reasons you have said!

Thread Starter #30
as aditya said, RX100 lovers are very vicious! but let me take a risk by voicing out my opinion- i completely DISLIKE the RX100!!!

reasons are many-

1) i hate its looks: the flat panels & the skinny tyres dont evoke any interest!

2) i hate its sound: MOST IMPORTANT! i go mad (not in the good sense) when i hear a revving RX100. i simply dislike its ktrrrr trrrr sound. i know its a 2 stroke, but a kinetic honda scooter sounds better. i also know many here love the bike because of its sound, but i dislike it!

3) it is one of the most polluting bike i have seen on indian roads, again compared to 2 stroke bikes only.

4) initial acceleration is good but nothing mind blowing & acceleration after 50kmph is nothing to write about too.

the only thing good about the bike is its resale value!!!

sorry if i have hurt the RX100 loyalists/lovers, these are just my opinion & need not be accepted.

Wooh!!
Someone had his fenders scratched by an RX sometime??[:D]
Looks are subjective, and there is no doubting the billowing smoke behind an RX at full speed, but how can you not like the sound??

Top Bottom