Your Experiences Of Greatest Bike There Was in India - The RX100

Thread Starter #1
I was wondering what to use as a title for this thread and then I realized that there are not many who are going to disagree with this one Anyone who does, be prepared we RX100 lovers are very very vicious!![evil]

Anyways starting this thread to pen down a few of the antics I have got up to on my RX100, had one for some time (the best times ever!!) and now I don't [cry]!!

(These will come, as soon as I can jot them down!!)

Hoping to hear some tales tall, I am sure from your side too.

So here is to the greatest bike seen on Indian Roads THE RX100!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
To start with, I wonder if anybody remembers the tag-line of the advertisement for the RX100 back in the 1980s when it was launched along with its other part Japanese cousins the Suzuki Max AX 100, the Hero Honda CD 100, and the Kawasaki Bajaj KB100.

It was pretty simple with a pic of the RX disappearing into the distance “Ahead of the 100s”.

And it truly was the most awesome pick-up it had most unsuspecting newbies doing unexpected wheelies, and the experienced ones burning them, red light after red light!!! The sound unmistakable, endearing, and the most soulful on Indian roads save the big guy the Bullet.

Foibles too the separate oil tank which fed oil straight into the combustion chamber, so every time you twisted the quarter turn throttle (I later heard that the later models had half turns) to the max you literally were leaving the laggards in the CD100s behind you in your smoke. And woe betide you if you forgot to fill that have heard some horror stories of seized pistons!!
Let us not forget the mileage (or the lack of it!!) that it gave but like one unforgettable ad (which I can’t remember correctly now!!!) said if you are on a Yamaha. Who cares?!!!

I got my hands on my RX100 in my final year in college, a second hand bike I got off a senior who lavished care on it for the one year that he had it, before he upgraded to a 4 wheeler. It was a 1988 RX100, with the original Japanese Carb originally Cherry Red, but jet black by the time I got it, an idiosyncrasy on the part of my senior.

The first long trip I made on the bike was a 400 km drive from my college to my hometown and I managed to inspect the underbody of a bus which decided to occupy the same bit of road I was occupying at that point of time. Got off the road (Most of me, that is, though a bit of my elbow decided that it liked the company of the road!!) blood streaming down my arm, and I was more worried about what was the state of my Japanese darling!! Brief detour to a hospital, where a few stitches set me right, but thankfully the only thing awry with my bike was a bent crash-guard, and a broken indicator. That, thankfully was the only time I had an incident with that beauty!!

The first thing I did after I got out of the hospital (I still had 100 km odd left to go to reach home!!) and hit the highway was to push the speedo back over the century mark, where it belonged!!

More escapades to follow and eager to hear your stories!!

Nostalgic thread. It was indeed the best bike we had.

rx100.jpg

I don't have any special memory, except i driven this beast from my college to bangalore (appx. 300KM) in 1996. Best and longest bike travelling experience.

Thread Starter #4
You said it. Nostalgia!!

Oops.
Did I say Suzuki Max AX 100?
Meant Ind Suzuki AX 100.
That was what it was called.

Wow!!

Seems to be great fans of Rx100!

Even we owned this bike in '95. This is the legend of road all times!

What else to say ?

No 150cc bike can beat it in quarter mile :)

We used to race a lot during college days & only RX100 wins!

RX100.jpg

Kudos to the champion RX100

Thread Starter #6
Rightly said the only time you did not win was when you grew careless at the start, and did an impromptu wheelie!!

The Shogun was some competition, but nothing could match the RX100's speed off the starting block!!

RX100 was legend on its time and honda city among bikes!!

i too used to ride on those early days. some more pics to refresh the memories

224636674478c60fce3c.jpg

Wow so many RX 100 lovers. Though i have not driven this bike i love this bike. The pace at which it gathers speed is truly amazing. I still believe none of the 150cc bikes present now can beat this beast in any drag race!

BTW you drove your bike again after getting stitches on your elbow Aditya?? [surprise]

Its was indeed best bike indian market ever had. One of the fastest of its time. Even ACI once had a RX100 VS R15 shootout.

Thread Starter #11
BTW you drove your bike again after getting stitches on your elbow Aditya?? [surprise]
[:)]
Those were the days when I was wilder!!
But anyways had to. I was 100 km away from home, and I was not going to call up home and tell them that I had an accident bad enough to render me unable to ride!!
This was in 1993, I don't think you had cellphones to "Phone a Friend"!!

Thats exactly what happens with us while we go for long trips on our bikes. The only difference with us is that we dont have the legendary RX100[cry].

Thread Starter #13
Well said!!

Me too missing that beauty. I had to sell it since I was going to be out of India for 2 years did not realize then that it was a mistake!! But I was not keen to hand it over to anybody else, and take it back again after 2 years of (mis) handling by someone else!!

Yamaha RX100 spares to make a comeback, not the bike!

The internet is now filled up with rumors regarding the comeback of the legendary two stroke from the Yamaha stable christened RX100. It was believed that the legendary RX100 would make a comeback with a four stroke heart. However, the rumors have been proved false when we at Motoroids tried to find out the truth behind the RX100 comeback. Our sources close to Yamaha denied any such moves. However, they stated that the spares of the legendary 2 stroke bike will be available again very soon.

yamaharx100.jpg

Perhaps, this would be a bad news for those entire 2 stroke fanatics who rejoiced on knowing about the RX100 come back. However, the spares comeback can prove to be a good news for all Yamaha RX100 owners as the spares for the same will be easily available with better quality.

Good news for RX100 owners though there are not many who own this now compared to other bikes!

It would have been great if RX100 makes a comeback again! Other manufacturers would have to run for their money!!

Top Bottom