Your Experience Of Covid-19 Led Lock-Down in India

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Covid-19 has emerged as a extremely serious / severe disease in India as well. With the rise of Covid-19 Positive patients here, Govt. Of India has imposed a Nationwide lock-down for next 21 days. There have been exemptions made for essential services / commodities and for people related with essential services in India. Would like to know, how has been your experience on the 1st day of lockdown w.r.t availability of the following:

1) Groceries

2) Medical Shops

3) ATMs / Banks

You can add your experience about any other "EXEMPTED SERVICE" as well during this lock-down period on this thread.

As per my experience, our local Mother Dairy did not have milk till 12pm as the truck that needs to arrive hadn't come by that time. The attendant was waiting for it since morning. Secondly, only 1 grocery shop functional and it did not have ATTA. Since both my parents are 60 & 65+ so I categorically told them to stay inside. In our area, all entry exit gates are closed baring 1 which is open only one way in case of emergency requirements.

Since in our area there was a delayed supply of the essentials, hence had to go to nearby sector's grocery mart to buy them. On way, was informed, driving without a mask is prohibited presently. So, as I had some groceries with me so the police people and traffic police also guided very politely and I showed them the carry bags as well. They are indeed doing a very good job in these tough times. May their health always be good. My sincere request to all is to fully cooperate with them and do not go out unless S.0.S necessity is there. At the mart, not more 2-3 people were allowed. Prior to the entry, hand sanitizer was used for customers and the buyers were made to stand in line with proper distance maintained as has been requested.

Regards
Akash

deville_56

Honoured Member
In Trivandrum, the lock down began two days ahead from Monday, in effect we are having 23 days in total. As far as supplies are concerned, except some vegetables, not much shortage felt, but people were in shopping spree like an apocalypse ahead, looting every stuff from the shops. Bought only bare necessary stuff so that others can have them too. For daily milk supplies, there are 4-5 shops with 2 brands of milk, so that also taken care as well. Police ceasing vehicles on road, which are on road for no obvious reasons and filing cases against them. Police had published a form, which we can fill and keep in car in case we need to get out for an emergency for genuine reasons with restriction of one per two wheeler and two including driver in three and four wheelers and complete halt of rest of the passenger vehicles. Many home delivery sites and apps sprouted up, gotta see how they fare. Shops are open with restriction, only from 7 AM to 5 PM and drug stores from till night. Banks are working till noon and ATMs are always functional. Need cash for shopping from small neighborhood shops. They still reluctant to accept the idea of UPI.

Restaurants are allowed to operate, but no table service. Either takeaway or home delivery.

The main issue is the attitude of people, especially the elder ones. They are like they have seen more life than us and no Corona is brave enough to attack them. The importance of social distance is broadcast across all medias, but the dumb heads belly was hitting my back at the supermarket, shooed him many times, but he was like go to hell.

Opted to work from home. Parked all our rides.

#StayHome #BeResponsible

2020-03-25 09-38-10.jpg

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It is indeed a very tough time. No one thought we will need to stay inside for days but still it's for our own good.

Chemist shops and dairy are open in our market but weirdly enough general stores are closed for two days. We always buy groceries on monthly basis but this time stocked for 15 days extra.

Would like to add more on the experience staying at home.

I have been cleaning those places which have been neglected for quite some time. Re- arranging books , clothes , random stuff drawers.
Found my sister's 8 years old untouched watch while cleaning [lol]

IMG_20200325_222359.jpg

It's also important to do some physical exercises. We used to go to the gym daily in the morning but for the last 4 days we have been doing dance exercises right here at home.

Check out this video.

Am working from home now. Office has sent the computers and dual monitors. Spending more time with the kid also. Am shooting some videos of the lockdown, but of course with a bent towards an automotive theme, and in this case the new Ignis that I got. Here are some of the lockdown recce videos:

Lockdown day 3 drive -
Shutdown groceries run -
Shutdown look -
Janata curfew day -

I take all precautions while going out. Haven't walked out of the car unless it is to buy essentials, otherwise for all the time am shooting from inside the car. My observations on the lockdown:
1) It has forced a change of habit for the good - more washing hands, more attention to hygiene 2) The environment is recovering, less carbon emissions 3) But the shutdown is extremely hard on the poor 4) Entrepreneurs not linked to supplying items during the shutdown will have money pressure 5) Working from home is a big relief for some people, especially working parents of young children. What was used to be considered impossible in some offices is now possible as they had to innovate and put systems in place for work from home. So after the pandemic blows over, in future people could opt for work from home in cases where they never could before.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Not gone out of the house since last 3 days. No shops open near my place and had to go at least 2 kms to buy anything. I already had some stocks (rice, Atta etc. and it may go for another 4/5 days as only 2 members are here). The Kerala government promised to give 15kgs of Rice and a kit worth Rs.1000 with other provision items which everyone is waiting. When these items are supplied, then we need not to worry anything and no need to go out for another 2 weeks.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Had to go out to drop sister to bank where she works, which was declared essential service. Was stopped by cops, 4 times. They were calm and cooperative and faced no issues since the reason was genuine and I had the relevant declarations. But on the way, all jobless jacks were on the roads in groups making things harder for people on emergency. Some idiots signals when police comes and they'll disperse and reconstitute when the patrol is gone. I flashed and gave wrong warning to the dumb-heads, at least they'll go home [frustration]

Following the Shutdown rules strictly,
infact my whole family comprising of 6 Adults and 4 kids have not stepped out of the House since Monday.
Only one person goes out of the house to buy extremely necessary item. That person washes his hand at the colony gate, comes home and takes a bath immediately.
Kids have been kept busy with Indoor activities like Carrom, Card games, Cricket, Movies,Mobile time and Drawing.
My schedule has changed a lot.
Sleeping Time: 11.30pm Now: 1.30am
Wake up Time: 7.30am Now: 10am
I get up, do some stretches.
I have been doing new activities to keep myself busy like Watering the Plants, Washing the Utensils, Playing with Kids, followed by lots of time playing Pubg.
I do watch 1/2 Movies and Web series in between.
It's a blessing in disguise, when can you get so much free time to spend with family and do things peacefully with no Rush at all.

I've been working from home since last two weeks.Work from home policies in my office are very good and are there since many years, though one worrying part here is the internet connection. BSNL fibreoptics is usually good but not much dependable as there are frequent outages. Hope it works well during this phase.

Going out only to buy groceries or medicines that too very nearby regular shops. Otherwise strictly following the lockdown. Doing some household work in between, looking after and playing with my daughter (2.6 yrs), pet as well, watching movies/news and last but not the least doing some photography in my garden. Of course processing old photos too (as I follow photography as a serious hobby [:)])

But yes, missing things like driving my Tigor, badminton practice on weekends and friends, though we all know now how crucial it is to follow this lockdown. So no complaints. Be safe, take care of yourself and your family (and your vehicles too [;)])

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

In evening today I went to ATM and medicine shop for my dad's medicines. Honestly, the drive was much more easy. Had to wear mask to drive. There were traffic police people at some crossings too but were highly accommodating. I took my dad's medical prescriptions and the medical history docs with me too just in case it might be checked. However, it was disheartening to see many workers / laborers walking down all the way out of panic mostly. In days to come, I believe the situation would be tackled much more compassionately for sure. As for the availability, medicines and milk were present without an issue. Thanks to the authorities for ensuring the supply of essentials is uninterrupted and easily available[thumbsup] Lastly, all I wish is to say is, THERE IS NOTHING TO BE PANICKED ABOUT. ATM(s) are also functional and so are the groceries & medicines shop. It has been the 4th day today, and the efforts to streamline the delivery and availability of essentials is definitely moving on the right track. My locality is being provided proper system of vegetables etc too. Door to Door service is being provided which is a very welcome move.

Regards
Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
My Experience with Lockdown is Mostly Positive. I work Online since a few months now so my Daily life is more or less like Quarantine. Masks are nothing new to me as I wear them for my allergies. Atleast now it does not feel out of place.
We had to leave house for 2 medical emergencies of Family Members (Kidney stone and Eye infection) and we were not stopped anywhere. Implementation is lax in Rural areas and there are not many Mischief Mongers as such. I hope people stay cooperative and understand Government guidelines. Groceries are easily available. Milkman and Vegetable sellers are banned in society so we can go to the society gate to buy stuff. Vegetable van comes to Society gate too (Has been coming since a year actually, Very nice Idea). Domestic help is totally off so women of the house are a little loaded. Kids have become cranky and bored at home. But we have been playing new games with her frequently. She is now learning few words of Gujarati, Marathi and Hindi, apart from our Mother tongue.

However I can see that Hospital Staff was also Lax with masks hanging below chin. Receptionists having no masks and so on. Maybe it could be a one off case.
The lockdown has allowed me to focus more on my tasks, So I have-
1. Installed new Solar System.
2. Checking my Batteries health.
3. Planning to Swap my Safari Battery which I had to Get an 65A one installed because only that was available in Left pole. I now have an 80A battery but with Right pole. Let's think of some jugaads.
4. Most importantly working on my Youtube channel-

Your Support and comments are welcome.
An Automotive video will be out soon today noon.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
First time since lockdown, I wanted to go out to purchase some medicine and vegetable. Cleaned my scooter which was sleeping since last 6 days and get ready to go, From my home, I can reach the nearest medical store and vegetable store using internal roads (without touching the highways), but one is in east direction and another one is in the south / west direction. Anyway, I decided to use the internal roads and first I went to the medical shop. The whole area is deserted and only a couple of people are around (mostly in chicken stall). Since no crowd there has been no police around.[:)]

After purchasing the medicine I came back almost close to my home and then changed direction and went to the vegetable market (Its a mini super market hence all items are available under one roof). Same situation there too - not many people around (in usual days, this market is crowded in the mornings). But the good thing is that there are no shortages of items, hence people may be thinking/taking own time to buy things.

Both the places I went today are usually crowded places in the morning and evening time, but seeing its present condition gives a feeling that I am stuck alone in a desert. Gives a scary feeling when moving along on the road/street! [shock]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Today, dropped sister. Check points reduced, but stricter, but let go after seeing bank poster and necessary proof documents. Only place that had rush was bank. SBI had neat arrangement for queue. Temporary shed with chairs arranged in decent space for social distance. Supermarkets close their shutter when 7 customers are in and opens once they are out for crowd management, but there wasn't anyone for crowd. I got milk and veggies from neighborhood small shops. Only thing short is the mask, not available anywhere. Drug stores also become stricter, no meds for cough, cold, or COVID-related symptoms without prescription.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Work has hit hard with mostly US clients. We are like freelancers, so sitting in front of system from 7:30 AM till 9:30 PM, expecting some work will pop up, very scarce work. Lots of free time, updating ownership reviews.

Top Bottom