Yezdi 350 Twin Road Test

Do you know that the Yezdi 250 could also be ridden in reverse gear? After following a particular kick start sequence, the crankshaft would rotate in the opposite direction and the bike would move backwards after releasing the clutch. Watch this in action !

yezdi runnning in reverse - YouTube

Very nice restoration, I own the same model Yezdi 250 classic more than 17 years. Great bike in that era. Roaring pickup, excellent road grip and handling.

The running in reverse will happen some times due to advance firing, because of loosening of timing relay.

My sister's husband had yezdi few years back, but then he sold it bcoz of higher maintenance it was giving and bought Hunk.

I drove it once and man the opwer it had drove me crazy. [clap]

I was a caliber user and driving Yezdi was like some thing I cannot express in words.

Thread Starter #18
My sister's husband had yezdi few years back, but then he sold it bcoz of higher maintenance it was giving and bought Hunk.

I drove it once and man the opwer it had drove me crazy. [clap]

I was a caliber user and driving Yezdi was like some thing I cannot express in words.
Higher maintenance? A two stroker like the Yezdi can be maintained on peeanuts. Its has very simple engineering and being a two stroke is statistically less prone to breakdown than a four stroke motor. I do agree that some spares are getting difficult to source.

Congrats on having experienced the two stroke charm in this era. As you have rightly expressed, it can get addictive.

Higher maintenance? A two stroker like the Yezdi can be maintained on peeanuts. Its has very simple engineering and being a two stroke is statistically less prone to breakdown than a four stroke motor. I do agree that some spares are getting difficult to source.

Congrats on having experienced the two stroke charm in this era. As you have rightly expressed, it can get addictive.
I am not sure actually, they sold it when I was in UK. or else might have bought it. And this is what I was told the reason for selling it.

Got my hands on the road test of the Yezdi 350 Twin. This one was published in Dec '87 issue of Debonair. Thought some TAIndians might be interested in this. Lovely review of a lovely machine in true golden olden style [cheers]!

By the way, how many of you even knew that such a machine ever existed?
Great post... thanks for posting. That bike can still beat most of the 150-180-200 and 220CC current bikes in power, acceleration and top speed.

If any one wants to know the real terms of the slogan "owners pride neighbor's envy",it should be the yezdi 350 twin.Here in Bangalore there are few twins and one particularly a white in a mint condition very rarely bought out by its owner at Vijayanagar.Whenever it is out a real head turner and the very presence of the bike itself is just like magnum opus for a ever hunger monarch of automobile and its stuff.And the engine grunt lingering in our ears even after it is out of sight if at all if we had slight clue of the future in those days make sure each and everyone would have gone after these twin just to establish a fact that they are cut above the rest.Prior to its launch the road test carried out by Car & Bike is worth mentioning at this juncture.

Top Bottom