Yeti: Skoda's “Yet” Another Chance In India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Skoda Auto will unveil its first SUV Yeti in India at the upcoming Auto Expo to be held in Delhi from January 5, 2010. However, the official launch of the model will take place only in 2011. Skoda Yeti is one of the most successful Skoda models in the overseas markets. The model is characterized by its unique design, safety, comfort and numerous functionalities.

Skoda Auto will bring completely knocked down units in India that will be assembled at its Aurangabad plant. This will reduce the price of the model which attracts 100 percent import duty if the model is imported at CBU making it pricier.

Skoda has not revealed many details about India model and its detailed technical specifications will be available only when the model is officially launched in India. “The new model comes with new engines and new technical solutions, such as the off-road regime that adapts the settings of the electronic systems to driving on rough terrain, an electrically-controlled two-part panoramic sunroof and a fixing system with horizontal slats and movable hooks in the luggage space,” says official statement Skoda Auto India. Skoda Yeti is known for its compact dimensions that guarantee easy m easy control ability and maneuverability in the city.
More information about the car is available at: New Skoda Auto
MODS: couldn't find any thread on this.

source; cartradeindia.com

Attachments

Pricing i the major factor which will deide the success of this model. Also since it wont be a CBU we can expect lower price. About styling, i didnt like the rear end.

350Z

Core Team
Yeti will be showcased on the coming Auto Expo......

Skoda India will be getting the Yeti SUV at the 2010 Auto Expo. However there is no confirmation whether Skoda will be launching the car or just showcasing it to gauge interest. If Skoda manage to price the SUV sensibly (which mostly it won’t, going by Skoda India’s pricing trend), the Yeti can create a niche for itself.
Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
An Exclusive update in this thread after a long time: The Skoda Yeti is on display today in Chandigarh at the following address: Krishna Auto Sales 177-E Ind. Area, Phase I, Chandigarh – 160 002. The expected launch date is 12th June. Also, the car is coming to Delhi soon, So watch this space! Till then leaving these pics of Skoda Stall which were captured on Auto Expo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If the fog lamps are removed the front resembles the Fabia a lot and the rear looks very odd typical of a tall boy Hatch! Overall looks are okay not bad , pricing will be the key again!

i dunno, if its just me. But skoda is just turning Koreanish.

I feel previous boxy design looked great.

BTW its a LHD. are they just looking at people's response.

Thread Starter #9
good pictures. interiors are very much Laura type.

@landrover, it will come as import i think and they havent started manufacturing RHDs when it was expo so i guess thats why they showcased LHD and yea ofcourse main reason would have been knowing people's reaction.

350Z

Core Team
Well, the price is the big item of interest now.
It'll come as a CKD plus it's a Skoda, Now you guess it!

i dunno, if its just me. But skoda is just turning Koreanish. I feel previous boxy design looked great.
Which previous design? If you're referring to the one in picture below, Then it's the Skoda Roomster!

skoda-roomster-2-tuning.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
*Alert* Delhi'ites!

An Alert for all Delhi'ites! The Skoda Yeti has finally reached to New Delhi after trip from Punjab, and most excitingly, It'll stay here for a complete month! Guide map attached below and watch out this space for complete action soon!

DM-Skoda.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
As scheduled, The Big Foot Yeti was to come here at Arshia Motors in Delhi and I went to check it out buttt unfortunately showroom staff informed that it hadn't came yet [frustration]Nevertheless, It'll be available next three days.

Drive Safe,
350Z

370Z

Let's see..Skoda has informed that it'll be available till 3rd at same location. I'll try luck once again.

Drive Safe,
370Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom