Yet Another Premium Hatchback Query

To improve sound quality, there are multiple options. You can keep HU, add amp and/or sub with component speakers.
+1 to that the in punto stock audio system is good imho.. but the speakers are weak. add amps preferably 100+100 on both channels and hook up nice pair of powerful speakers.

Thread Starter #32
Wow.. you seemed to have fallen in love with the Punto. I wouldn't be surprised if you have already booked one [;)]. I guess its a good thing to register in Jan 2011. Good luck and hoping to see a ownership thread soon!
avidu,

sure bro next year. i wont say when i ll booked, wil give yu surprice for sure, filal masti, and keep finding niggling issues, what mortals says...[lol]

cheers
greg
-----------Next Post-----------
+1 to that the in punto stock audio system is good imho.. but the speakers are weak. add amps preferably 100+100 on both channels and hook up nice pair of powerful speakers.
To improve sound quality, there are multiple options. You can keep HU, add amp and/or sub with component speakers.
than x jayedev & rsm..
i like to know from you both, will i get those sound effect with bass, while changing doors speakers with new? and add amps, components & sub-woofer.

i need gravid effect, souls should say wow?[:D]

help me, i am totally crazy of music...

Last edited:
the door speakers are just utilization of avaialble space, never recommendable for good music.at some level they will rattle as door are metal sheets and plastic. you might have seen those home speakers and sound boxes how stiff and firmly they are built .
general rule is stiffer the box material (enclosure) better the response from speakers.

so generally door speakers are good for vocals and tweeter part.
same with subwoofers if you prefer punchy gut wrenching bass as per "market rule" go for sony explode woofers in tight bass tube or something like that just consult the local dealer about availability and other details and do update, hope fully we can figure out the right configuration here in TAI.
just fyi:-
generally there is a saying stock hu are useless and not good for quality bass and sound.

but believe me stock hu in indica vista is clarion, basic one with just two audio outs.

i have shook floors and roofs of tata service centre with the same. guys came running to ask about the hu and remaining details but they were shocked to see stock ones performing so well.

my configuration was pioneer 2 8x6 oval full speakers in 20 litre mdf box connected directly to hu and excite stereo amp in bridge mode to kenwood woofer.
well the secret lies in the design of subwoofer to enclosure , i can boost certain frequencies at my own will which resonates with car space which can knock you and outsiders off . well the excite amp was weak often used to cut off at high booms ..but i dont listen to high levels so it was ok for me.

presently i am in process of 4 subwoofer in my punto let me see how it goes.. :)

Thread Starter #34
the door speakers are just utilization of avaialble space, never recommendable for good music.at some level they will rattle as door are metal sheets and plastic. you might have seen those home speakers and sound boxes how stiff and firmly they are built .
general rule is stiffer the box material (enclosure) better the response from speakers.

so generally door speakers are good for vocals and tweeter part.
same with subwoofers if you prefer punchy gut wrenching bass as per "market rule" go for sony explode woofers in tight bass tube or something like that just consult the local dealer about availability and other details and do update, hope fully we can figure out the right configuration here in TAI.
just fyi:-
generally there is a saying stock hu are useless and not good for quality bass and sound.

but believe me stock hu in indica vista is clarion, basic one with just two audio outs.

i have shook floors and roofs of tata service centre with the same. guys came running to ask about the hu and remaining details but they were shocked to see stock ones performing so well.

my configuration was pioneer 2 8x6 oval full speakers in 20 litre mdf box connected directly to hu and excite stereo amp in bridge mode to kenwood woofer.
well the secret lies in the design of subwoofer to enclosure , i can boost certain frequencies at my own will which resonates with car space which can knock you and outsiders off . well the excite amp was weak often used to cut off at high booms ..but i dont listen to high levels so it was ok for me.

presently i am in process of 4 subwoofer in my punto let me see how it goes.. :)
thank you so much jayadaya..
today i have been to dealer, he advice me to add these:-

Focal Access Series Components for Front
Auditor Components for rear
Kicker E8=124 Sub
Auditor 4Ch= Amp
Soundgate 4Ch Converter.

i never here focal and auditor..
any buddy herd about these?

Focal Access Series Components for Front
Auditor Components for rear
Kicker E8=124 Sub
Auditor 4Ch= Amp
Soundgate 4Ch Converter.

i never here focal and auditor..
any buddy herd about these?
gagi, didnt get kicker e8=124 sub, what is that i googled and nothing .
anyway.

it is better if you be more precise regarding
budget
model number or name of components
listening tastes,
placements or space consideration and et al.

and focal is well known product all over the globe especially audio enthusiasts would die for it.

even i too would prefer focal speakers any time. but never tried their car products..hope it would be good too.

Last edited:
I have auditioned Focal A165 comps & Auditor rears at Tecnokrat.

Its awesome. Only thing is you might end up buying fake ones which are easily available.

Do try to import those. Its an master piece which you will not regret for.

But NO for Auditor amps. Go for Harman Kardon or Infi reference series. They are really good.

Thread Starter #38
gagi, didnt get kicker e8=124 sub, what is that i googled and nothing .
anyway.

it is better if you be more precise regarding
budget
model number or name of components
listening tastes,
placements or space consideration and et al.

and focal is well known product all over the globe especially audio enthusiasts would die for it.

even i too would prefer focal speakers any time. but never tried their car products..hope it would be good too.
jayadev than x. my budget will around 22k, am hooping for gravid sound quality, now am confused with amps and sub-woofer. [cry] which 1 should i prefer?

Zinam said:
I have auditioned Focal A165 comps & Auditor rears at Tecnokrat. Its awesome. Only thing is you might end up buying fake ones which are easily available. Do try to import those. Its an master piece which you will not regret for. But NO for Auditor amps. Go for Harman Kardon or Infi reference series. They are really good
thanks bro. harman kardon & infinity amps are good? what about Blaupunkt THA555pnp amps?
guys please throw some light on this..[confused]

I haven't auditioned Blaupunkt series.

But Infinity & Harman are exceptionally good.

Also Rockford Fosgate is good. If you have a good budget then H&K will be the best bet.

Else Infinity from JBL will be worth buying.

350Z

Core Team
will people help me???
Greg, Congratulations for settling down on the Fiat Punto. Currently, it is the most beautiful hatchback in country I can think of. Please create a separate thread in ICE Section regarding all the audio related queries to receive a better response. Thanks!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom