Yet Another Premium Hatchback Query

Thread Starter #1
hi evrybody.

greg here from belgaum, few days back i sold my honda, am planning to buy small hatch for fun lol..[:D]
my options

fiat punto
hundai i20
polo.
guys am geting confused, which one to buy??

Hello Greg,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Before we give any suggestions, it is important for us to know what your major requirements are, like monthly running, fuel (petrol/diesel) etc.
Do have a look at this thread and we will be back with our suggestion to guide you to the best car which suits you the most.

Cheers,
Akash

Hi Gagi,

Welcome to The Automotive India & have a great stay!

If you are concerned about mileage the Jazz should give you the fun which you are looking for.

Else move on to Punto 1.4 which is an great handler.

It would be great if you have a look at thread which Akash mentioned & provide your priorities.

hi evrybody.

greg here from belgaum, few days back i sold my honda, am planning to buy small hatch for fun lol..[:D]
my options

fiat punto
hundai i20
polo.
guys am geting confused, which one to buy??
i20 will be the best. Its a fun drive car. You will surely enjoy.

AMG

Suspended
i20 and Jazz :shocked:

What is wrong with the people here?

They arent the most fun to drive hatches in this country.

Thread Starter #8
my Budget:- around 7 lacks..

criteria for the new Hatch::- fuel efficiency, great handling & performance , It should be easy to drive around the city, It should be quite nippy and peppy, and my monthly running would be around 3000 kms, and also depend upon my friends & cousins how they drive me for long trips[drive].i want to buy hatchback for fun because i feel life is short so we have to enjoy lol. i would like to go with diesel no matter if it is underpowered, i must have great fun.
guys am geting confused with this car, i have already done td with punto, polo & i20.
here my td with this car follows:-

punto:-A** have been always at a mixedbag opinions. Misses lots of bells and whistles for that 7 Lacs you wish to spend & interiors quality outrageous. but i realy love the beauty, the way its handles, Plus Punto has Blue & Me - can control media player using voice commands, answer calls, play music track wise artist wise just by saying his name. After sales again is debatable[frustration].

polo:- The polo IMHO is the best looking hatch now in India. The interiors are decent. Ride and handling are also good but the 1.2 engine isnt a scorcher. However, the buit quality is fantastic. Resale and after sales are still to be seen and waiting period of 6 months.

i20:-Stunning, but not as effortless as the Punto! realy hate back duck shaped

guys my heart says punto, my mind says polo

I'd like everyone's opinions. It would help a lot!

cheers
greg...

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on your location, you should avoid Polo.

Do you have Fiat dealer in Belgaum? Just try to get some idea how is that dealer/service center is. If it is ok, my suggestion is to go for Punto 90HP. Its fuel efficient, good performance, excellent handling and most powerful. Cheap to maintain. Longest service interval.

The A.S.S for new cars has improved and spare parts is not a problem to get. But it depends on your dealer as well.

Misses lots of bells and whistles for that 7 Lacs you wish to spend
Till now I was thinking Punto is loaded with the features in its segment. Please share what you missed.

If by any chance, dealer is not upto your satisfaction, go with i20 CRDI. Excellent car.

punto:-A** have been always at a mixedbag opinions. Misses lots of bells and whistles for that 7 Lacs you wish to spend & interiors quality outrageous. but i realy love the beauty, the way its handles, Plus Punto has Blue & Me - can control media player using voice commands, answer calls, play music track wise artist wise just by saying his name. After sales again is debatable.
Get to your nearest and try to get feedback from the owner of FIAT cars. IMO this will give you a clear idea of real status of A.S.S.

guys my heart says punto, my mind says polo

I'd like everyone's opinions. It would help a lot!

cheers
greg...
My advice would be to go for Punto. Since your monthly running is close to 3000km, i think the car you buy must be fuel efficient which Punto is.
Also Punto(read 90HP), IMO will give you best highway pleasure.

Hey Gagi, as RSM mentioned, yeah Polo is not a wise choice, with VW's thin dealer network.

i20 CRDi is a fantastic option. The design is built to last for a few years, spacious interiors, FE about 14Kmpl in city (I'm not 100% sure, but read this in a lot of forums)and the Magna version costs just under 7L.

Another option I could think of is the Swift VDi.

What is wrong with the people here?

They arent the most fun to drive hatches in this country.
Jazz was never a trouble maker to any of its competitor. I guess it hardly sold 700 cars a month.

Well, going by the numbers its a different story for the i20. They have managed to sell almost 7000+ cars in the initial few months and 5000+ in the past 2 months.

AMG, Jazz has a good engine which pumps out 90HP. It is the most powerful hatch in its segment giving you immense driving pleasure. However, i wont recommend Jazz to Greg, since its monthly running is 3000km+.

Go for Punto90HP , it offers everything which you want. But if you can stretch your budget a little go for i20 CRDI , it isnt very fun to drive but has good FE and amazing performance! Polo i really don like the car now after TD it!

And hey yeah what's missing in Punto , AFAIK its fully loaded and VFM at 7 Lakhs!

Thread Starter #15
cooldaya

about i20 i dint feel good drive.....

and sory guys i mistype it it was polo prtrol higline, which as Misses lots of bells and whistles, it was polo[frustration]

Top Bottom