Yet Another Petrolhead Checks in!

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone.

A brief introduction. I am Sridhar from Delhi (Yeah. I know that name doesn't go with the city; A non-resident Tamillian, two generations in Delhi now). My workfield is Aviation.

My interest in automobiles is perhaps genes at work. My dad was also interested in bikes. He bough the great Yamaha-Rajdoot RD-350 when he turned 45! And I still remember the good old days when I, a 12 or 13 year old, used to get all greased up with my dad, trying to adjust this beast to fire perfectly from both exhausts. (RD owners would know what I am talking about!) And the time when I finally got to learn driving was when I was 18 (Dad wouldn't let me touch her other than for cleanin' and Tweakin', till I got my learners license at the right age. Still remember the nightmares trying to keep count of the six gears that it had. (Aren't gears and clutch your worst enemies when you are learning riding a bike?)

My first bike (Yeah, never took dad's bike! Bought my own when I started working) was another classic - an RX-100, bought in 1991 and boy, sure was a sweet ride. Thereafter, four bikes later (Bullet 350 Std, Yezdi Roadking, TVS Victor, TVS Fiero II) I presently have a Pulsar 180. Looking for a change soon (Honda CBR??). "Naysayers" would say "Hey, you are middle-aged married man with a kid now. Switch over to scooters like a good Hubby and dad". I would retort "My dad bought an RD 350 at the age of 45. I need to better his effort. So, however practical they are, I wouldn't be caught dead with scooters."

The first car came in 1997 in the form of (what else!) Maruti 800 DX (4 Speed with AC). Served me well for many years, only to be replaced by Alto LX in 2006. My latest induction, which came home on 25th of October 2012, is a Taffeta White Honda City VMT and so far, I am loving every moment of it! Never realised Cars have gotten so refined! Authoring a buying experience with pics. Should be up soon.

I also dabble a little in photography (Canon EOS A2(Film SLR) --> EOS 350D --> EOS 550D) and I like cycling. Planning a solo "Manali Leh" on my Trek 3700 next season. Lets see how it works out.

Looking forward to sharing my Automotive experiences and hope to continue learning from you all, as I have been doing, silently browsing various Automotive forums.

PS. Please disregard the first line of this post - "Brief intro!" [;)] Got carried away!

Sridhar

Re: And Yet Another Petrolhead Checks in!

Hello Sridhar,
Welcome to the TAI family.[:)]
You have a lot of experience with bikes and cars.
congratulations for the new HONDA CITY wish you many happy miles with it.
Do share your experience.
Have a great time here[:D]

350Z

Core Team

Great introduction and a nice avatar too. Welcome to The Automotive India, Sridhar. Congrats for City. Looking forward the ownership review soon, I’m sure it would be equally interesting. Have a pleasant experience on board. Please feel free to get in touch with support staff in case forum-related assistance is required. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello and welcome to The Automotive India Sridhar.

That was a really nice intro of yours. Looks like you have loads of experince with bikes and some great bikes.

And Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy [clap]and looking forward for the ownership review.

A very warm welcome to TAI Sridhar.
Nice to hear your interests and hopefully we get to see them in threads soon :)
Good luck with your Leh planning.

Have a nice time here.
Best Wishes
IR

A very warm welcome to TAI Sridhar!!! That's an interesting INTRO (not seen recently).

Congrats and happy driving with your new white arrow [:)]

Looking forward to your experiences with new acquisition and some nice shots from EOS too.

A pleasant welcome to you buddy.
The writing was quite good. You said you got carried away but I felt it as a short intro! [;)]
So, good to see a person who has such a long time with bikes.
And Manali on cycle shows your enthusiasm too.
Good Luck with it & Drive Safe!

Hey Sridhar,

Welcome on board of TAI !! It was really an interesting intro, wish you will have some wonderful time on the forum.

Hello Sridhar, that was a great introduction on yourself and your interests. Well written and all the best for your Leh trip(Really adventurous,hopefully a review could come up)

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance. [:)]

Welcome on board Sridhar!

Well, I am a newbie myself to the forum, but couldn't help but notice your intro. Coincidently, your likes are similar to mine (RX-100, Maruti 800, photography, cycling).

Have an enriching experience!

Thread Starter #14
Hello all,

Thank you very much for a warm welcome. It is indeed motivating and I do hope to live up to the expectations of this great forum. As promised, City Buying experience + ownership thread, along with the extensive calculations that I did for almost three months before I bought it, running around cars with a tape in hand, will be up over the weekend. Clicking the last few pictures (That's a few thousand words - Isn't a picture worth a thousand words!)

@jihu123 - Loved your signature! Haven't seen Engine and Body dynamics so beautifully summed up in fewer words than that!!

Top Bottom