Yet Another 'LUV' Story. My Ertiga ZDi Ecru Beige

Thread Starter #16
Congrats. what company or model is the reverse camera, sensors and IRVM screen? is it MGA? the yellow and red line indicators are really useful. also how is the rear visibility of the screen when used as an IRVM? is it ok at low light conditions?
I don't remember the make of them. It is installed from a Maruti dealer ( Popular Automobiles, who deal with other auto spare business as well) not MGA.
Rear visibility is goo din normal conditions. But in low light condition its not so good, but manageable and at night with vehicles with head lights on its like any other anti glare IRVM.

Also what about under body coating? did u do that?
It looks like there is an underbody coating already ( It is visible till the bottom half of the running board as an additional layer on the paint). SO I will do underbody coating after 3-4 years.

Regarding Insurance, you can get it done from any provider as long as they have cashless tie up with your preferred maruti ASS. If there is no cashless tie up, you have to pay the repair cost and get it claimed from insurance, this is also manageable. In cashless you can pay the balance after Insurance company's share and release the vehicle.

I got Bumper to bumper from the company as I have some contacts. Royal sundaram who is having cash less tie up with some dealers is offering at less than 21K directly from their website.
General Insurance Company - Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Travel Insurance, Accident & Home Insurance | Royal Sundaram

Dealer will insist to buy insurance from them as they get commission from Insurance cos. You can get a quote by giving Invoice price to any Insuranvce company and decide after that. A 9K savings is not insignificant, I got a decent seat cover and leather steering cover for that money.

You can get the vehicle details like Invoice price, Chassis and engine no from the dealer and get Insurance from any company. They will give the cover note which is required for registering the car at RTO.

Last edited:
Thank you Vinod for your reply.Im in Kuwait right now and i was giving all information which i received from TAI. But the dealer is cheating us (Popular Motors, Pathanamthitta-kottayam)

*First the dealer told my father that we are getting ertiga ZDI with alloy and my father without asking anybody he confirmed to assign that one for us. After that the dealer told it is without alloy....
*Second he was pressuring to get his insurance and he got it from my poor father. (25000) for their comprehensive insurance. Not even bumber to bumber. What to do. Im helpless sitting very far. Sundaram finance quoted 20000 for bumber to bumber where as 31000 for dealer bumber to bumber insurance. simply lost 10000
*third with cheap upholstery.
We got cheated.

Last edited:
Welcome to TAI Vinod.

Congrats on you new acquisition.

Wish you miles of Safe and Happy motoring.

Don't go for any under body coating so soon.

Body will not corrode so soon.

Dear All,
Please excuse me for not starting a thread for my Ertiga. Here i attach some pictures which i received last day. Im working in Kuwait and it was really hard to guide my dad to get the things in right way. I think we have paid flat 25000 INR (the dealer looted) extra for the accessories installed.

Attachments

Dear All,
Please excuse me for not starting a thread for my Ertiga. Here i attach some pictures which i received last day. Im working in Kuwait and it was really hard to guide my dad to get the things in right way. I think we have paid flat 25000 INR (the dealer looted) extra for the accessories installed.
Congrats Buddy! Enjoy riding Ertiga!

Congrats for you new ertiga zdi., enjoy the experience :) btw I am here @tvm from this monday hope we will meet one day.

Thread Starter #24
ROUF RAIL Installed

We were using a standard 'Goldsun' make luggage carrier, which I had to fix in an urgent decision to travel with 6 people + luggage. Though this is useful for luggage carrying, it spoils the look of the car and was looking for other alternatives and came across the the product rouf rail in some Team BHP Ertiga threads.
Upon calling the owner Sunder in Coimbatore, I was told that he dont have facility to ship item to Trivandrum, I decided to buy it directly on my way to Ooty in March end.

Initial ownership experience: Excellent accessory for improving luggage carrying capacity without spoiling the car's looks. Common man may not recognize this as an additional item on the car, as the exterior is of body colour itself.
Method of fixinf: Outer frame is made of FRP which has 4 legs, rests on the rubber beading ( covering the welded joint ?) on the roof top . Front portion clamped to the side with 2 clamps and 2 clamps at the rear clamped to existing screws ( of fixing hydraulic dampers for rear door); no drilling required.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: ROUF RAIL Installed

Initial ownership experience: Excellent accessory for improving luggage carrying capacity without spoiling the car's looks. Common man may not recognize this as an additional item on the car, as the exterior is of body colour itself.
Method of fixinf: Outer frame is made of FRP which has 4 legs, rests on the rubber beading ( covering the welded joint ?) on the roof top . Front portion clamped to the side with 2 clamps and 2 clamps at the rear clamped to existing screws ( of fixing hydraulic dampers for rear door); no drilling required.
It looks very nice Vinod. Definitely an useful acc. Looks like you had Goldsun heavy duty carrier too? If so, how do you compare the weight carrying ability of this ROUF RAILS? Does it function better as how it looks? Rope tie points are placed enough?

15k for just the carrier sounds a bit over for me though. Could have been better to have it less than 10k but its the innovation that keeps certain in business.

Your car looks super cool in all the photos shared.

Thread Starter #26

Weight carrying capacity is definitely higher on the Goldsun heavy duty one, however the looks and poor aerodynamics ( the howling sound after 80 km/hr speed was really horrible) are poor.
Rouf rails has tie points, could have been some more better.

15K is on the higher side, but considering the innovation and lower production volume, we had to pay the higher amount.

It looks very nice Vinod. Definitely an useful acc. Looks like you had Goldsun heavy duty carrier too? If so, how do you compare the weight carrying ability of this ROUF RAILS? Does it function better as how it looks? Rope tie points are placed enough?

15k for just the carrier sounds a bit over for me though. Could have been better to have it less than 10k but its the innovation that keeps certain in business.

Your car looks super cool in all the photos shared.

Hi Vinod,
A very nice accessory to a very nice car! Excellent pics of your Roufrails. Your Ertiga looks awesome. I have a doubt though. I haven't understood where the clamps at the rear are screwed on to. What are you referring to when you say 'hydraulic dampers for rear door'? Could you please post a photo showing the rear clamp? Thanks in advance,
Promod

Thread Starter #29
50-50 Third row seats

Alteration of 3rd row seat: of a 50-50 foldable third row seat

We travel with 6 people on board on most of the long drives - me, wifey, parents and two children. The bags need to be placed either on the 3rd row seat (sharing with one passenger) or on the roof rack ( which is a cumbersome process). The proper solution for this is a 50-50 foldable seat which Maruti has not provided.
One workshop in Coimbatore is doing such an alteration, but going there for getting this done is not practical.
Koyas
I tried inquiring with many local workshops and finally found one person who was ready to do this by cutting the seat.

In the process of cutting the seat into 2, the arch like portion on the top was removed by reducing the height of the seat back by 2 inches, so that we get additional space in 2nd row when this seat is folded.

4.jpg

The seat back and base are cut at the red lines shown. The cut in the center is 2 inches wide to accommodate PU foams at the sides. There are two mechanisms on each side one in the front which allows the movement of the seat forward and lower while folding and one in the back side allowing similar movement with a more complicated mechanism than we initially thought. Finally the mechanic duplicated the mechanisms from the original design.

The two new mounts at the rear were mounted on the car body with the screw which was already present for the seat belts. Two additional mounting points were welded at the front for mounting the hinge mechanism and finally the outcome was satisfying. Total damage was Rs 8,000, but the result was really worth it.

5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
11.JPG
12.JPG

We also found some more space for luggage by removing the the tray behind the 3rd row seat (by removing 2 screws and a few plastic clips); there is sufficient space to keep a big soft trolley bag (30 X 40 X 75 cms approx.) and may be a smaller one too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 50-50 Third row seats

Alteration of 3rd row seat: of a 50-50 foldable third row seat

We travel with 6 people on board on most of the long drives - me, wifey, parents and two children. The bags need to be placed either on the 3rd row seat (sharing with one passenger) or on the roof rack ( which is a cumbersome process). The proper solution for this is a 50-50 foldable seat which Maruti has not provided.
One workshop in Coimbatore is doing such an alteration, but going there for getting this done is not practical.
Koyas
I tried inquiring with many local workshops and finally found one person who was ready to do this by cutting the seat.

In the process of cutting the seat into 2, the arch like portion on the top was removed by reducing the height of the seat back by 2 inches, so that we get additional space in 2nd row when this seat is folded.

View attachment 170499

The seat back and base are cut at the red lines shown. The cut in the center is 2 inches wide to accommodate PU foams at the sides. There are two mechanisms on each side one in the front which allows the movement of the seat forward and lower while folding and one in the back side allowing similar movement with a more complicated mechanism than we initially thought. Finally the mechanic duplicated the mechanisms from the original design.

The two new mounts at the rear were mounted on the car body with the screw which was already present for the seat belts. Two additional mounting points were welded at the front for mounting the hinge mechanism and finally the outcome was satisfying. Total damage was Rs 8,000, but the result was really worth it.

View attachment 170500
View attachment 170501
View attachment 170502
View attachment 170503
View attachment 170504

We also found some more space for luggage by removing the the tray behind the 3rd row seat (by removing 2 screws and a few plastic clips); there is sufficient space to keep a big soft trolley bag (30 X 40 X 75 cms approx.) and may be a smaller one too.
Very effective modification. Hope the facelift brings the 50:50 split 3rd row as standard.
Also how to remove the plastic bolts in the boot to remove the under-floor box? I would like to make it as a temporary option so that I can remove and re-fit when I travel with 7 people. After-all the flat-bed is one big plus for Ertiga.

Top Bottom