Yet Another HCL Computer Comes Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
My exhaustive search for a reliable personal computer started just a few months ago when I realized that my trusty old HCL desktop is proving somewhat low for the requirements. And I was on a lookout for something fresh, fast and modern. After creating a thread on same here, many of you – TAI’ians, really helped me to shortlist some suitable machines and then almost each weekend I personally did a survey in the market to get a basic idea. Still, I was unable to find something of my taste. But now I was also open for a laptop. The search continued, but this time we thoroughly checked out each and every authorized PC / Laptop dealer in Nehru Place to grab the best deal available within a slightly flexible budget of Rs.35,000, but unfortunately some models either had a low RAM, or dated processor, else if nothing, then an undersized screen. Although I liked Sony but even before the looks, my primary need was a professional workstation with good specs and Vaio was certainly kicked out from the list due to low configuration at steep price. Now the main contenders were Acer, HP and Dell, but only until we were offered a tempting deal by HCL. This Laptop’s specs were not only good but also the number of freebies along with an extra ordinary professional approach played a significant role to clinch the deal, that too for not one but two same models (!!). Moreover, Since I’m using HCL desktop for over 5 years without too much of troubles, I’m quite confident about its reliability and hence, at the end of the day, I remain a loyal HCL customer. :smile: Enough said, Here’s a quick look on the specs and details of the Laptop:

- Intel Core i3 Processor
- 500 GB Hard Disk
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM (Extendable: 1 GB @ Rs.1.5k)
- Windows 7 Home Basic OS (Original Disc Included)
- 15.6” HD LED Backlit Screen
- Integrated Bluetooth + Web-cam
- Lifetime McAfee Anti-Virus
- 1 Year on-site Warranty + 2 Yrs. Additional

Add-Ons Offered:
- Laptop Bag-pack
- Keyboard Protector
- Mouse and Mouse pad
- Headphones
- Cleaning Kit
- PC Vacuum Machine
- Wrist Watch

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

DSC02193.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey congrats on your laptop. But you could have gotten a fabulous HP at that price. Anyways at the end of the day, the owner should be satisfied with what he bought and u seem quite satisfied and that is what matters.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
hey congrats on your laptop. But you could have gotten a fabulous HP at that price. Anyways at the end of the day, the owner should be satisfied with what he bought and u seem quite satisfied and that is what matters.
Hey type-r, Thanks. I do already have a HP laptop but it has not served the best to be honest. I have also heard about similar experiences with fellow HP users, that is why, this time I was not very inclined towards another HP.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations 350Z , lifetime Mcafee anti-virus is a big bonus!

And hey you din mention the final price of your laptop for which you purchased?

Yes Archit i know Mcafee is not that good , but still lifetime validity is a bonus , i got validity for only a month. I am using Kaspersky for sometime now and its pretty good!

You got a Laptop?? Great my friend!! Wish you terrabytes of computing and surfing TAI!
Good that you didn't go in for HP. I have 2 HP Laptops and 3 HP printers, all of 'em are giving me a headache![frustration] My DV4 is 1 year old and is in poor state.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations 350Z , lifetime Mcafee anti-virus is a big bonus! And hey you din mention the final price of your laptop for which you purchased?
Since we bought two machines, the dealer agreed to offer a reasonable discount of around Rs.3k - 4k each on Rs.35,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom