Yet Another Advice on ICE

Thread Starter #1
I am new to this community...my name is sam..... I need advice and suggestions on the ICE setup from the GURUS!![:D]

Head Unit: Pio 6050ub/Alpine DPX MP5110
Front Comps:Boston Pro 60se
Amp:Infinity 4
Sub:Infinity Kappa 120.9

I want to know which head unit v'll be better in SQ and features and also if it would fit in a ford fiesta and also about the speaker,amp and sub...if possible with the price in chennai and where.

I have a good ear for music...so would be looking for clarity and really good bass!!
Kindly Help Me........[:)]

Mods kindly start this as a new thread!

Nice to see another member from Chennai here! I don have any idea about pricing but of the above mentioned items , Ilango and Raj will help you out.

Are you looking for a single-din or a 2-DIN player? Single din players will fit all the cars. Go for Pioneer , Alpine or JVC.

Where do you live in Chennai? Go to a good ICE installer in your area to get an idea about price and availability of stock. Try Radio Ware House first , though a bit costly they have good installers.

I am new to this community...my name is sam..... I need advice and suggestions on the ICE setup from the GURUS!![:D]

Head Unit: Pio 6050ub/Alpine DPX MP5110
Front Comps:Boston Pro 60se
Amp:Infinity 4
Sub:Infinity Kappa 120.9

I want to know which head unit v'll be better in SQ and features and also if it would fit in a ford fiesta and also about the speaker,amp and sub...if possible with the price in chennai and where.

I have a good ear for music...so would be looking for clarity and really good bass!!
Kindly Help Me........[:)]
hi sam welcome i am not a guru even as new as you when it comes to ICE, but still want to share some gyan with you 6050 is a double din HU and its not worth what you pay.double din just look good to some people but no diffrence in SQ.i am also planing for HU upgrade my choice is pio 5290 and alpine he much better then pioneer but also cost more so if you can go for alpine then its best.

Hello Sam, welcome to The Automotive India.

I would suggets you to stick with single Din which will have lot of features rather than double dins.

And what is your budget & priority.

I mean vocals or bass ?

@ Zinam i am also looking for a new HU and my priority is bass which HU you would you suggets?my budget is 10k max my current choice is 5290.
this is my current setup - sony HU 370s, S644 amp, Infinity Ref.1260W sub woofer, jbl 396 ovals,ultimate 5'' rounds.please advice.

@ Coool - I would sugest you to check out Pioneer 5190UB or 7050BT. For Bass, all you need is good Pre Out.

If you can spend few more Ks then Alipne or Clarion will do wonders.

If you are ready for import I would also suggest Eclipse too.

import is not possiable in my case, which alpine & clarion model you like to suggest?btw 5190 is older model and 5290 is new model.which 1 is better?

Hey Samz,

There is a person by name Mark, runs a company name Stage 99. He is an audiophile. He develops a music exploder, in the form of boxes with the best of sources available and knowledge which he has which has eventually transcended from him father who was an OEM business-er. Believe me the Audio box gives the best of clarity and bass equally.

He himself will give you suggestion on the head unit (between a Pioneer/ Alpine).

He is reasonable in his quote. You might as well take a Demo before buying.

Additionally this comes at the cost of sacrificing 20% of your rear truck space for the Audio Box, dynamite as we call it.

Two of my friends have done it in their Santro & Dzire, and finding it real good for that last year or so

Mark can be reached at 98410-23957.

Thanks
Sudhan

Last edited:
@ Cool - I would suggest DXZ786USB from Clarion. Might be difficult to source.

This is a real master piece, VFM & worth looking at.

Alpine 9886 /9887 are even costlier than clarion, when compared with features they are lesser. But it will be easy to source.

Thread Starter #14
Hello Sam, welcome to The Automotive India.

I would suggets you to stick with single Din which will have lot of features rather than double dins.

And what is your budget & priority.

I mean vocals or bass ?
Hi...my budget for the HU wud be 15k max

Thread Starter #15
I would like to thank all who have poured out your advice n suggestions.....Thank You all.

Hi sudhan.
Thank you so much for the Number i m sure it will be of great help.

Top Bottom