Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yamuna Expressway – A project that was visualized in 2001 has now turned into reality. Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav, has today inaugurated this six-lane 165 Kilometers stretch connecting Greater Noida to Agra. The best part is that it will be free to use for all the vehicles till 15 August 2012 but would cost Rs.320 thereafter per car. It is constructed by the Jaypee Group (Builders of BIC) with world class facilities such as SOS Booths, Toll Free Helpline Numbers, CCTV Cameras etc. This road has maximum speed limit of 100 Kmph for cars and 60 Kmph for CVs. Mobile radars will be operational to monitor compliance with minimum and maximum speed limits and one highway patrol has been scheduled for every 25 Kms. My hand has suddenly started itching to drive down the Fiesta to Agra right now. :biggrin:

Yamuna-Expressway-6.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-1.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-2.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-3.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-4.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-5.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-7.jpg

Yamuna-Expressway-8.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Yamuna Express Way Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Though I have never driven on this road and maybe I won't drive also,but one thing for sure is that this super highway is the best road in India I guess.
There are people known to me who claimed that they covered whole 165 kms in just one hour or one and half hour.
But isn't the toll too high at about 320 per car?I mean some people driving diesel cars like Swift etc will feel like they are paying the same amount as tax as they pay for diesel.

Last edited:
When I read about the toll rates. inititally I was like 'Phew, is it worth?' But after seeing the pics here, only one word - "Simply amazing". Hope they maintain the condition same! Thanks for sharing the pics Vibhor!

On a lighter note, isnt it difficult to maintain the speed at 100 km / hr on such a cruiser of a highway! [thinking]

Oh !! it really looks awesome.[clap] Yeah toll seems to be high, but believe me Parul, there is a stretch on NH7 here in AP which is from Hyderabad to Nagpur. I use this toll road to go to my in-laws and on every trip I pay Rs.190 for two-way where I use this road only for 60km all together, in comparision of this it looks OK to me as this road looks great from the photographs and I will try and fulfil my dream of going to TAJ this time whenever I come to Delhi next time as this [:D] is my long pending dream since last 20 years or so, though I visited Delhi for 100 times +

@350Z : Thank you for wonderful photos !!

Beautiful Expressway. Now, I want to drive in this road at least once. I've been to Pune Mumbai expressway 6 yrs back. I thought that was the best expressway, but by seeing the pictures above, its 10 times more beautiful than it.

Guys my another point is also same.My Fortuner won't give 20 kpl so for me this won't feel like a pocket-hole making toll,but then I am not going to drive at just 100 kph after paying 320 as toll.Maybe they can charge me 500 for over-speeding but this road is meant to drive on full throttle.At least 150 kph is a must speed limit.

Hey guys,our TSIVipul is a politician I guess and once somewhere I read SP as his party,so maybe he may have driven on the road or even would have seen the inauguration ceremony too.

Last edited:
Beautiful road and I think toll is justified. I read today that this road will reduce the actual distance between Noida and Agra by 70 KMs. So if you consider the amount of fuels saved and the type of road you get to drive on, toll amount is justfied. I wish I get a chance to drive on this road. IMO This is the most beautiful and brilliant road in India today to drive on. But if I drive on this road, I surely wont be able to control my speed below 100 KMPH that's for sure. [:D]

Last edited:
I too wish I get a chance to drive on this road. I am not able to afford petrol price to drive down there from Cochin now!. one I will come there for sure and drive on yamuna xpress highway

I wish one day I could drive my car on these roads !! What might be the entire cost..

But the only thing to worry is 100kmph speed limit is very very less for such a road !!

Re: Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Its a great news that this highway is finally a reality.

Thanks for the pictures Vibhor.

Could you please confirm whether the pictures 3, 4 and 8 are actual photos after completion or just file pictures from project plan.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Re: Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Could you please confirm whether the pictures 3, 4 and 8 are actual photos after completion or just file pictures from project plan.
Yes, those photographs are real as far as I know.

Drive Safe,
350Z

WOW man that's awesome, Mahindra seems to have got some good business with this project as most of the utility,patrol,safety Vehicles are from their brand.

Wow, that's a really amazing and nice highway. It's gonna be fun to drive on this highway.
And Vibhor thanks for the beautiful pictures. Even the toll plaza looks pretty cool and it's big. This expressway can anytime compete highways in the western countries.

i've got a 300 sqm plot from yamuna expressway authority, hope premiums increase manifold now :p:

gotta plan a trip soon to agra in my brio :)

Last edited:

Top Bottom